Gray Maynard-Aaron Simpson Throw Down Wrestling Challenge On Twitter

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gray Maynard-Aaron Simpson Throw Down Wrestling Challenge On Twitter
lohmann
8/18/12 5:12:40AM
Gray Maynard and Aaron Simpson engaged themselves in a lengthy Twitter battle Friday night over wrestling. Both were standout Div. I college wrestlers, with Simpson earning All-American status twice at Arizona State University and Maynard being named All-American three times at Michigan State University and earning three Top-8 finishes at the NCAA meet.

It all started when a fan posted that Simpson was his favorite welterweight fighter and Maynard his favorite lightweight.

Maynard wrote back, "I would prolly tech fall aaron in folkstyle." That brought the likes of Frank Trigg and Iowa State University wrestling coach and former Olympian Kevin Jackson into the discussion.

Simpson posted, "Gray was 3x AA. But, I probably toss him and pin him. Seriously, little guy? You're small, weak and have no vertical. Beat it nerd." Maynard said, "all I need is a (expletive) singlet," to which Simpson responded, "Seriously, I'd beat the (expletive) outta you in wrestling."

source
@graymaynard
@aaronsimpson
Gogoplatapus
8/18/12 9:42:53AM
Book it Joe. NYE freak show ?catch wrestling? match.
DrivenDavies15
8/18/12 12:35:55PM
Lol how often do you see a wrestling super-fight?
ChrisSabal
8/18/12 1:22:12PM
I for one would love to watch this. I would say Gray takes the cake in wrestling.
airkerma
8/18/12 1:36:37PM
Simpson is wayyyyy bigger than Gray, so I agree with freakshow super fight in this situation. I think Simpson handles him, unless they decide to meet at 155
Gogoplatapus
8/18/12 1:45:09PM

Posted by airkerma

Simpson is wayyyyy bigger than Gray, so I agree with freakshow super fight in this situation. I think Simpson handles him, unless they decide to meet at 155

Maynard vs Simpson's skeleton
airkerma
8/18/12 1:52:57PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by airkerma

Maynard vs Simpson's skeleton

Seriously, he may even have to sacrifice some bones to get there.
tcunningham
8/18/12 2:05:41PM
i would take simpson all day. maynard has abandoned his wrestling as of late, and simpson is still a wrestler in all his fights. add the weight difference and simpson smashes him.
prophecy033
8/18/12 2:21:51PM
This could be fun and interesting. I would also love to see Weidman v Sonnen in a wrestling only match
Poor_Franklin
8/18/12 7:05:33PM
i wish the UFC would give us 1 of these a year.
BossHog
8/18/12 10:57:06PM
Interesting, but the strangest thing to me in this is that there is a fan out there who definitvely states Gray is his favorite lightweight and Aaron Simpson is his favorite WW lol.

Weird choice.

And I'm a fan of both guys and actually a big fan of Gray's fuck this shit attitude.

But still weird choice.
Boo_Radley21
8/18/12 11:25:41PM
Gray should fight Diego.

That I would want to see
Chael_Sonnen
8/19/12 3:22:57PM
Anyone that knows anything about amateur wrestling knows for a fact that Simpson would tool Gray in any style of wrestling.

So, Gray, get your fuc#$ing singlet

What in the hell is Frank Trigg responding for - - - the challenge was for wrestling, NOT wife beating!