Grappler's Guide to Sports Nutrition

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Grappler's Guide to Sports Nutrition
richieb19
7/12/07 11:25:13PM
LINK

Has anyone read this, or seen any positive reviews?
danny81
7/12/07 11:41:31PM
idk but IMO not saying its right but nutrition is kind of common sense and you dont need some book to tell you what to eat. also you can find most info on the internet for free. if you have money to burn then by all means buy the book
richieb19
7/12/07 11:47:24PM

Posted by danny81

idk but IMO not saying its right but nutrition is kind of common sense and you dont need some book to tell you what to eat. also you can find most info on the internet for free. if you have money to burn then by all means buy the book

Very true, but at the same time it seems very convenient as it (supposedly) goes through off-season and competition nutrition advice...
JGeyer23
7/13/07 12:10:40AM
Don't know if you've come across this before, but its a review of the book..
REVIEW

Looks like a good book.. I'd definitely buy it if my financial situation was a little better
puppetmaster837
7/13/07 12:11:41AM
Nutrition isnt really that much common sense. If you want to get really deep in to it for training and what exactly your body needs to do certain things. I'm trying to learn more about nutrition and im considering buying this book, it does look good.
JGeyer23
7/13/07 12:18:59AM
I agree with puppetmaster.. it's really not common sense. A lot of science behind what you put into your body and to reach your full potential, nutrition is critical.. I'm trying to learn more about it too because it really does play a larger role in your training than most people think.. ever since I started to learn a little about nutrition I've noticed a big boost in energy and my recovery time..
loonytnt
7/13/07 12:50:17AM
i eat healthy is all i do its not to hard i think
SSfighter51
7/15/07 6:49:09PM
For the most part it is basic commen sense. ive been cutting weight and dieting for wrestling a loong time. although there are different foods for different jobs. its pretty basic. if you want good cardio and maintane a weight w/ good body tone....burn more calories then you take in. (im guessing if your learning about nutrition, your trying to lose wieght or maintane a good bodybuild.

EAT HEALTHY FOOD!!! WE ALL KNOW WHICH ONES THEY ARE!!
( no greas,oils,or processed sugars)
tommyprairie
7/15/07 10:00:44PM
If you have money to throw away get the book, but you can find the same info online if you put the time in researching. Also, it depends on your body. Keep in mind the food that works for some will not work for everyone. There is no perfect formula.
bayonetxwork
7/15/07 10:13:22PM

Posted by danny81

Sure, if your trying to have a very basic diet, with no real outcome, then of course, common sense. But some people need very very in depth workout routines, and nutrition combined, counted calories, protein, carbs, meal plans, etc. So just out of common sense what would be good numbers for those for a 175 pound person per day?

Anyways, I came across that book a little while ago, but just don't have the money to spend on a book like that, plus my friend is a licensed nutritionist anyways