T.J. Grant vs. Matt Wiman set for UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » T.J. Grant vs. Matt Wiman set for UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago
DrivenDavies15
11/7/12 10:44:00AM
A lightweight bout between rising contenders T.J. Grant (19-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC) and Matt Wiman (15-6 MMA, 9-4 UFC) is the latest addition to January's quickly filling UFC on FOX 6 card.

Officials today announced the fight.

UFC on FOX 6, the UFC's first network-televised event of 2013, takes place Jan. 26 at United Center in Chicago.

LINK
Bubbles
11/7/12 10:45:53AM
solid fight
sparky
11/7/12 10:55:06AM
Awesome fight both of these guys are seriously under rated. Both guys are easily in the top 20 at LW. I'll be rooting for TJ Grant.

WAR CANADA
Budgellism
11/7/12 10:58:52AM
I love this fight

Good step for both guys at this point.
FastKnockout
11/7/12 11:09:45AM
Great fight. I'll be cheering for Wiman.
Bubbles
11/7/12 11:09:56AM
for some illogical reason, I just don't like Grant. I couldn't tell you why but I always root against him...and will do so again. WAR WIMAN
SmileR
11/7/12 11:19:09AM

Posted by Bubbles

for some illogical reason, I just don't like Grant. I couldn't tell you why but I always root against him...and will do so again. WAR WIMAN

I'm the exact same. I have no reason to but I do hate TJ Grant. WAR Wiman!
prozacnation1978
11/7/12 12:41:50PM
I like the fight. Wonder if it is the 4th fox fight on main card
Goatenstein
11/7/12 2:40:42PM
Grant takes it fairly easily.
isk
11/7/12 2:52:33PM
I'll never sleep on either of these guys. They're both skilled, durable, and willful enough to win most fights.

Unless this fight stalls in the clinch, it's a FOTN candidate. If Grant stuffs some of Wiman's takedowns and gets out quickly for some standup, then Wiman rebounds with some takedowns and applies GnP and good sub attempts, it'll be fun to watch.
Budgellism
11/7/12 6:25:37PM

Posted by Goatenstein

That's a pretty bold claim.
shaneTpain
11/7/12 7:15:36PM

Posted by Goatenstein

obvious showcase fight for TJ
Pookie
11/7/12 7:52:31PM
This is an awesome fucking fight.
airkerma
11/8/12 9:55:38AM

Posted by Pookie

This is an awesome fucking fight.

Big Grant fan here, but it should go the distance and be very exciting.
Goatenstein
11/9/12 4:51:43AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Goatenstein

That's a pretty bold claim.

Have you seen Grant at 155? Wiman is a big step down from Dunham.
aussiemma
11/9/12 6:04:20AM

Posted by Bubbles

he never smiles and basically has the same facial expression all the time ( similiar to ryan from the O.C)

this is a great fight, both guys are tough as nails but i think grant can edge wiman out for a decision.
isk
11/9/12 1:57:15PM

Posted by Goatenstein
Have you seen Grant at 155? Wiman is a big step down from Dunham.

Grant looked great against Dunham, but Wiman is no slouch and his strategy is usually solid. As much as I like Dunham, as tough as he is, he gets beaten by faster guys who can sucker him in to a striking war. It's even worse if they can stuff his takedowns (which aren't among the best among UFC LWs).

Grant's certainly surging off the Dunham win, so he'll probably be the favorite and I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps looking sharp. But Wiman's a big LW as well, and he plays to his strengths.