Should Governments Legalize and Tax Marijuana?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Should Governments Legalize and Tax Marijuana?
« Previous Page
TheCatFather
12/18/08 5:44:13PM
Not no but HELL NO! People are lazy as it is NOW! So imagine if pot was legal? I tell you what, the fast food joints stocks will rise and cartoon network would kill in the ratings.
ko-kbo130
12/19/08 3:13:43AM
legalize it

probably some of the best reasons to legalize it. keeping it illegal causes more problems than if it were to be legalized. half the thrill of most doing most things for kids is getting caught. how many times as a kid were you told not to do something and it made you want to do it even more. its just like prohabition in the 20s, alcohol usage and sales went through the roof when it was outlawed and than drastically declined when it was legalized again. another great point i came across while reading this article is the fact that marijuana is a so called "gateway drug" but if you leagalize it and keep kids away from drug dealers the chances of them having harder drugs is less likely. also if marijuana is controlled youll never have to worry about having your weed laced.

and i know for a fact if i was stoned at a bar instead of drunk that i would never make a mistake of hooking up with an ugly girl..
Pookie
12/19/08 4:01:58AM

Posted by ko-kbo130

legalize it

probably some of the best reasons to legalize it. keeping it illegal causes more problems than if it were to be legalized. half the thrill of most doing most things for kids is getting caught. how many times as a kid were you told not to do something and it made you want to do it even more. its just like prohabition in the 20s, alcohol usage and sales went through the roof when it was outlawed and than drastically declined when it was legalized again. another great point i came across while reading this article is the fact that marijuana is a so called "gateway drug" but if you leagalize it and keep kids away from drug dealers the chances of them having harder drugs is less likely. also if marijuana is controlled youll never have to worry about having your weed laced.

and i know for a fact if i was stoned at a bar instead of drunk that i would never make a mistake of hooking up with an ugly girl..

the link has one factual error that i have come across that i know for a certainty

"As a way of giving the racist police a way to arbitrarily arrest black people since it was in common use only among blacks."

Subtract Mexican with black and bingo.
Drudinh
1/7/09 5:08:39AM
YES
bls1919
1/7/09 8:43:17PM
I love it. I love it. I love it. And I'm not just talking about the WEED also the commentary. Marijuana is bad because you say it is. I take "Man's Law" add my common sense and find a middle ground. Sure excess of anything is bad. IMO it can't be worse than Cigs, or Alchohol. Not a chance. For fu$% sake red meat is bad for you. I have been toking for 10 yrs. My "personality" hasn't changed. I havent formed any cults/hermit colonies. I WORK hard every day. and am proud to say that I LOVE MARIJUANA. I would love to see it legalized so I don;t have to worry about "the law". But the Government would FU%& it up royaly. Grow dirt weed and sell it for hundreds of dollars an ounce.
hymiekooken
1/7/09 10:50:22PM
Legalize it. Build gigantic hydro grow rooms. Lets start the campaign now....

Keep America Stoned.

Seriously though, the amount of money to be made off taxing and liscensing of pot is probably enough to fund a ton of programs for education, road construction, or a lot of other stuff.
Imagine a new bailout plan funded by pot taxes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]