I gotta give G-Sot his props.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » I gotta give G-Sot his props.
TS92turbo
2/27/11 2:50:14PM
He really made this fight entertaining. He was humbled by Siver's takedown defense. He actually had the mind set to create another game plan while in the fight. Some fighters cant do that. What shocks me was that G-Sot actually stood up with Siver the whole 3 rounds. Gotta give him his props. I would like to see G-Sot vs Melvin Guillard or KenFlo when he moves back up.
hotrodttt
2/27/11 3:12:48PM
Honestly, half of Siver's takedown defense was technique. But that other half was pure strength. That's what I was so surprised by, the size difference was tremendous imo. But it was an intertaining fight, I was on edge the whole time because that fight was one punch or one takedown away from being over.
BlueSkiesBurn
2/27/11 4:41:42PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Honestly, half of Siver's takedown defense was technique. But that other half was pure strength. That's what I was so surprised by, the size difference was tremendous imo. But it was an intertaining fight, I was on edge the whole time because that fight was one punch or one takedown away from being over.

This.

Siver was just TOO strong for Soda-pop. Joe Rogan probably used the best verb available when he said Siver was "shucking" G-Sot off.
sparky
2/27/11 6:41:57PM
How about we give the props where the props is due........and direct that towards Siver since he in my opinion was fighter of the night....... he did something that more then half of the playground world including me didnt think he stood a chance at doing!!!!!!
TS92turbo
2/27/11 7:10:28PM
All of you had great replies. Siver is a dog, and I think he could definitely give Edgar or Maynard a run for their money. As for G-Sot, hes a good fighter and I would like to see him fight KFlor.

How bout that Bisping Knee?
Malaussie
2/27/11 10:57:19PM
I agree Siver did extremely well but fighter of the night for me was Brian Ebersole. He came in on a weeks notice and defeated one of the toughest fighters in the 170 pound division in Chris Lytle. No one would of given him a chance even with a full training camp and he came in and won convincingly. Also he is a very entertaining fighter because he is so unpredictable. Ive watched a lot of his fights on the Australian circuit and I just sit on the edge of my seat waiting for him to do something unexpected.

So for me fighter and surprise of the night was BRIAN EBERSOLE!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see his next fight. Wonder who they're going to match him up with?
DatBme
2/28/11 3:01:17AM
"I got Siver +310. He has good stand up, and he's quicker than Sot. I made a killing on Sot against Stevenson, all my friends laughed at me at the bar, especially because Sot's body looks kinda weird, but I knew he was underrated plus Stevenson being overrated :P. I also made a killing picking Siver over Fisher. I knew his stand up would trump Fishers. That being said, I like the straight punches Sot throws because it works well for MMA, but I think Siver will be able to slip one of um and connect with a big hook. Sot almost got KOed by Pelligrino at the end of the third, it convinces me that Siver will have a good chance to KO him. As long as Siver keeps it standing, he wins, if he gets put on his back early in any round, he's done. I see this one as a coin flip, therefore I'm taking the odds on this one. "

This is what I wrote for my prediction on an earlier thread... I was really stoked when Siver almost KOed Sot at the end of the first. Sot's straight punches were landing later in the fight too. If you think my prediction is worthy, feel free to give me some props!
State_Champ
2/28/11 8:53:34AM
George Sotiropoulous did a decent job in his most recent fight.
And now everyone knows he needs to work on his wrestling.

It's time for Siver vs Guillard II
Make it happen, UFC!