Where is the good ship?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Where is the good ship?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
KungFuMaster
6/29/11 1:32:29AM
Here is the Story coming home from a perilous journey. It survived ice bergs, typhoons, hurricanes, rogue waves and tsunamis throughout its ordeal. However, the voyage home proved more dangerous than the expedition itself as the Story was unexpectedly attacked by a Spanish Pirate ship called the Brenneman. All data and items recovered from the expedition were stolen as the Story barely made it to shore.

The Story is docked awaiting repairs and this is what is left of it after the Spanish raid.

KungFuMaster
6/29/11 1:40:16AM
Sailing swiftly and avoiding any detection, the Spanish Pirate ship, the Brenneman, cruises the seven seas in hopes to steal the spoils of other unsuspecting ships.

KungFuMaster
7/8/11 1:08:46PM
Here is the Anderson Silva doing the limbo.

KungFuMaster
7/25/11 8:52:40PM
Here is the Anderson Silva in its other form.

Hope it works.
KungFuMaster
9/26/11 4:26:41PM
For centuries we have heard tales of giant quids attacking ships. Many horrifying tales have been told about these creatures to keep sailors from venturing too far into the unknown. Tales would suggest these quids would literally pull ships under the surface with their long tentacles.

There has never been a recorded account of these giant squids and their ship sinking behaviors until recently when the Rampage embarked on a seafaring journey which nearly took the lives of all its crew.

While docked or sailing near the shores, the Rampage is magnificent in appearance while its colors radiate like new. But on the high seas, the guise of the Rampage prove to be nothing more than cosmetic touchings as it struggles to stay afloat while under attack by the legendary creature, the giant squid.

This is the last and only recorded image of the Rampage by its few survivors who abandoned ship before the Rampage disappeared into the abyss.

Houndawg
9/28/11 1:08:17PM
Whats going on HotRod? Houndawg in da hizzle
KungFuMaster
9/28/11 1:27:08PM
You actually made your way over here? Good to have you here. What is going on?
Houndawg
9/28/11 1:33:01PM
Same ol stuff bro, how long have you been posting here? Tell me about the site here. Sent you a pm
KungFuMaster
9/28/11 1:35:32PM
For a few months now.

This place is good for fantasy leagues. The games have gotten me hooked.
Houndawg
9/28/11 1:40:31PM
That is cool, is there a lot of traffic here >?
KungFuMaster
9/28/11 1:55:00PM
Probably not as much as you would like.
Adrenaline
9/29/11 4:00:46AM
Keep the ships comin' Kungfu
Poor_Franklin
9/30/11 7:22:08PM
Fighter's whose ships i will always ride w/ until they drown:

AA
Rich Franklin
BJ Penn
Big Nog
Shogun
Wandy
Hendo

im not off of GSPs ship, but i am loading the emergency boat. PLEASE TRY TO FINISH A DAMN FIGHT!!!!! (sorry for the caps)
kopower
10/1/11 10:38:19PM
Instead of a ship, I think the Brenneman hype train was seriously derailed.
Pookie
10/2/11 5:21:29AM

Posted by kopower

Instead of a ship, I think the Brenneman hype train was seriously derailed.

Yeah the authorities put out a report. Apparently it ran into a fucking kick.
KungFuMaster
10/2/11 3:34:54PM
After raiding the Story, the Brenneman tried to make a quick getaway. It powered full speed ahead - while pushing the limits of what the ship was designed for and recklessly hit an ice berg in the waters. This ice berg was unusual and made of black ice as it rumbled and disabled the Brenneman in the open waters.

Here is a picture of the Brenneman as the rumbling waters forces and plunges it against a huge black iceberg. The iceberg is indeed black but the Northern aurora makes it appear white under the bright moonlight.

KungFuMaster
12/1/11 1:42:45PM
In the open waters of the great Atlantic, the British Armada set sail for the new world. Leading the pack is the delicate but swift Bisping whose sails are perfectly sewn to withstand the harsh seas. To the untrained eye, the Bisping could easily be mistaken for a commoner's fishing vessel. Its guns are unusually small and instead of deploying cannon balls, it sprays out pillows of pebbles. Gliding so swiftly, the Bisping skims across the waters with its sails set high. From a distance, one can say it was hydroplaning as it seems to be unaffected by the turbulence of the waters. All the while, the British emblems delicately sway in the wind as it sits on high on all the sails of the Bisping.

Awaiting the Bisping and its British fleet while on the other side of the Atlantic is the Miller. The Miller is a refurbished vessel. The sails are sewn with animal hides and holes in the Miller have been patched with termite-invested wood chips. There are no cannons on-board the Miller. It is merely armed with a few harpoons and fishing nets. It is unlikely the Miller should be the vessel to defend the new world but as it is, the new world is not equipped with a fleet and the Miller is all they have to defend themselves against the tyranny of the British Empire.
Bubbles
12/2/11 11:06:35PM
id hate to hear what stories you have about the Wanderlei
KungFuMaster
12/3/11 3:53:56PM

Posted by Bubbles

id hate to hear what stories you have about the Wanderlei

You're not going to like what I have to say about the Wanderlei.
KungFuMaster
12/3/11 11:42:14PM
It was a heroic effort but the British fleet was simply too much for one refurbished ship.
DeadHead988
12/9/11 11:45:37PM
I just stumbled on to this thread now and am extremely impressed. I was on the Hardy ship for the longest time, but it's given me few choices but to jump ship.
kopower
1/1/12 2:46:31PM
I'd love to see and hear what the new and improved Diaz ship has to offer.
Kpro
1/1/12 2:59:55PM
As soon as it set sail, those in the know knew that the upholstered top coming off 24 hours earlier was just a precursor to major damage. The Cowboy stood with a rigid stance against the elements with no aerodynamic way to not take damage from the barrage that the Cali winds provided. Unable to change course and with no ability to adapt to being barraged by the elements, the Cowboy sunk to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. Luckily the fish-finder was not completely damaged, though it can now only detect possible catches that would not finish top 20 in a fishing tournament.

KungFuMaster
1/4/12 7:27:44PM
I'm glad someone else is playing along.
DeadHead988
1/5/12 1:49:08AM
All aboard the Jimy Hettes!!!
Kpro
1/6/12 4:07:44AM
The Penn wasn't your standard ship, it was a racing boat. Years back there was talk of the Penn being the most talented of its kind. It had a good run through the dreary sea skies sometimes going head to head with boats with much much bigger engines. If it were a human instead of a boat, some may have even called it a prodigy. As the years progressed the Penn began to wear down and not race at it's peak level. In it's loss to the St. Pierre Express, there were accusations the St. Pierre engine crew had used an illegal horsepower boosting trick where they spread vaseline all over the engine. Nothing showed up upon inspection.

The Penn decided to race boats its size again and won some high profile races against the Kenfloation Device and the Dirty Sanchez speedboat which is powered by two 3,000 horsepower engines and 8,000 yes's. After he tore through them, he went on to challenge for the right to be the best boat in it's class size per the US Speedboat Racing Association limits.

He raced against The Answer for the title of best boat in it's size category and in an evenly paced race to the finish The Answer won by inches! Many fans questioned the angle of the photo finish as it wasn't dead on the finish line as most horse racing cameras are placed. Because of this he faced The Answer again, determined to show he could outrace anyone. But the Penn was outclassed in every way and dominated en route to a loss where he never stood a chance. The Answer had arrived and didn't look like it was going to relinquish it's title of fastest speedboat of it's size anytime soon.

The Penn took a deep look inside itself, into the engine, the interior, and the exterior to make sure it was ready for another run. The competitive spirit led him to take on the larger boat called the Country Breakfast. in the race the Country Breakfast's engine blew 21 seconds into the race giving the Penn the much needed win to get back on the right track. He agreed next to take on the Fitchfinder who was the #2 speedboat in this larger class of speedboats. The Penn got an early lead and was ahead by a quarter mile heading towards the home stretch but it's engine faltered and the Fitchfinder sped all the way up to another photo finish but this time they crossed the line at the exact same time! Some disagree, and the camera placement for the photo finishes still needs a lot of work, but it was ruled a draw.

Nevertheless, because the head of the US Speedboat Racing Association hated the Fitchfinder, he placed the Penn into a #1 contender race against the The Spirit of Stockton, commonly referred to as the SOS. Though they had been allies before, this was for a shot at being the best boat in the world so they drifted to the starting line and the race began! There was a huge turnout for this race but the SOS demolished the Penn, constantly bumping into him around corners, and showing it's all-around better racing technique and prowess. The SOS finished many minutes before the Penn and the Penn couldn't have looked worse. At that time the Penn announced it's retirement from professional speedboat racing. After the race the Penn and SOS moored near each other and made amends. The SOS's next step, to move on to race for the title!

Many months passed and the Penn still had that burning desire to race even though he hadn't had success in years in a lower boat weight division. Regardless of this very pertinent information, the Penn decided to say that the bow of the ship on the Fitchfinder was made of glass and that the SOS didn't scrap from the beginning even though the SOS clearly made the Penn look like a pedal-boat with broken pedals. Not the smartest strategy if the Penn is looking to get back into racing again, as the Penn excuses for losing races sail in like the wind these days.

Whether the Penn is delusional or just too broken to remember it's last few races, one can only hope it has been fully refurbished with a new engine put in without what are commonly referred to as Excusepistons, a common imported engine part from Brazil. Better technology is available to make the Penn not look as bad but fighting against the Floatation Devices and Dirty Sanchez's give him a future while the St. Pierre Express, SOS, and many others will leave him in their dust trail next to where his desire has been for years.

No one knows what the future holds for the Penn:

If the Penn does face the Fitchfinder, SOS, or St. Pierre Express again, expect the Penn to be in this shape going in..... and his opponents will race him as if it was another night out with (or at) the club.

KungFuMaster
1/6/12 12:08:36PM
You have props coming your way, kpro, as soon as my 24 hour prop limit expires.
KungFuMaster
3/23/12 1:01:20PM
In my seafaring journey, I have sailed on board some of the finest vessels ever built - from the Last Emperor in which we fought against giants and cyclops while stranded on a mysterious island - to the speed boat Prodigy in which we nearly drowned, from the Minotauro in which the crew nearly perished from a disease contracted from another ship - to the Couture in which we fended off aircraft carriers and warships, from the Sonnen where we lost navigation in the Bermuda Triangle - to the Thunder in which we wrecked into an iceberg, from the Country Breakfast in which we often times ask ourselves, "What happened?" - to the Ace in which we frequently switched coordinates to find our way home, from the Sakuraba whereby a band of Gracie pirates were constantly stalking us - to the Dragon in which we found a lost treasure but the treasure was stolen just as quickly as it was found...... and here I am, without a ship once more.

As I lay here in my raft while floating in shark infested waters, I see something - coming into shape in the horizon. It must be a mirage. From being out to sea so long, I cannot trust my eyes for they have lost the ability to distinguish a manatee from a mermaid. It is no wonder sailors always come back with outlandish stories of amazing places and creatures. I remember reading the chronicles of Eric The Red...and he always told stories of giant squids, mermaids etc. In his stories, he mentioned a beautiful place in which he called Greenland. He described it as a place of paradise which bore fruits of all kinds. He literally told his Viking countrymen - Greenland had water that was so pure and clean, one could drink from it and feel younger instantly. My point is - any landmark would be paradise if you have been out to sea for as long as Eric and I have.

But anyway, as the shapely object becomes more and more visible, I am beginning to have more faith in my eyes. What I thought was a mirage is beginning to look like a huge rock. Moments later, this rock begins to look like a stone-henge...and soon after, I realized what it was.

After all these years of sailing the seven seas, I have never bothered to look closely at what I am looking at now. This object has been stranded and abandoned here for years. I cannot believe no one has bothered to claim it or even attempted to rebuild it. I quickly paddled to the stern of the ship and climbed on board. I walked to the control center of the tower and by a simple switch of a button, this magnificent ship powered up. Its nuclear powered engine screeched in high frequencies which nearly broke my eye glasses. Radioactive energy from the engine core sent out waves which nearly sent me off my feet. Its nuclear power is so immense I can feel static in the air and I can see currents arcing every which way.

This ship is something special ....and I think I'll name it - The Hunt....because little did I know, I have been hunting for this thing all my seafaring life.

The photo is a bit distorted because the energy from the engine core was affecting my camera's ability to focus.

KungFuMaster
3/23/12 6:07:28PM
On May 26, 2012, The Skyscraper will launch an aerial assault on the Hunt - and it will look something like this...

The Hunt's only saving grace is that it is made of titanium steel. If the Hunt can withstand the opening barrage of missiles, that will give the Hunt the opportunity to deliver one of these...

Kpro
6/21/12 12:50:28AM

Posted by Kpro

The Penn wasn't your standard ship, it was a racing boat. Years back there was talk of the Penn being the most talented of its kind. It had a good run through the dreary sea skies sometimes going head to head with boats with much much bigger engines. If it were a human instead of a boat, some may have even called it a prodigy. As the years progressed the Penn began to wear down and not race at it's peak level. In it's loss to the St. Pierre Express, there were accusations the St. Pierre engine crew had used an illegal horsepower boosting trick where they spread vaseline all over the engine. Nothing showed up upon inspection.

The Penn decided to race boats its size again and won some high profile races against the Kenfloation Device and the Dirty Sanchez speedboat which is powered by two 3,000 horsepower engines and 8,000 yes's. After he tore through them, he went on to challenge for the right to be the best boat in it's class size per the US Speedboat Racing Association limits.

He raced against The Answer for the title of best boat in it's size category and in an evenly paced race to the finish The Answer won by inches! Many fans questioned the angle of the photo finish as it wasn't dead on the finish line as most horse racing cameras are placed. Because of this he faced The Answer again, determined to show he could outrace anyone. But the Penn was outclassed in every way and dominated en route to a loss where he never stood a chance. The Answer had arrived and didn't look like it was going to relinquish it's title of fastest speedboat of it's size anytime soon.

The Penn took a deep look inside itself, into the engine, the interior, and the exterior to make sure it was ready for another run. The competitive spirit led him to take on the larger boat called the Country Breakfast. in the race the Country Breakfast's engine blew 21 seconds into the race giving the Penn the much needed win to get back on the right track. He agreed next to take on the Fitchfinder who was the #2 speedboat in this larger class of speedboats. The Penn got an early lead and was ahead by a quarter mile heading towards the home stretch but it's engine faltered and the Fitchfinder sped all the way up to another photo finish but this time they crossed the line at the exact same time! Some disagree, and the camera placement for the photo finishes still needs a lot of work, but it was ruled a draw.

Nevertheless, because the head of the US Speedboat Racing Association hated the Fitchfinder, he placed the Penn into a #1 contender race against the The Spirit of Stockton, commonly referred to as the SOS. Though they had been allies before, this was for a shot at being the best boat in the world so they drifted to the starting line and the race began! There was a huge turnout for this race but the SOS demolished the Penn, constantly bumping into him around corners, and showing it's all-around better racing technique and prowess. The SOS finished many minutes before the Penn and the Penn couldn't have looked worse. At that time the Penn announced it's retirement from professional speedboat racing. After the race the Penn and SOS moored near each other and made amends. The SOS's next step, to move on to race for the title!

Many months passed and the Penn still had that burning desire to race even though he hadn't had success in years in a lower boat weight division. Regardless of this very pertinent information, the Penn decided to say that the bow of the ship on the Fitchfinder was made of glass and that the SOS didn't scrap from the beginning even though the SOS clearly made the Penn look like a pedal-boat with broken pedals. Not the smartest strategy if the Penn is looking to get back into racing again, as the Penn excuses for losing races sail in like the wind these days.

Whether the Penn is delusional or just too broken to remember it's last few races, one can only hope it has been fully refurbished with a new engine put in without what are commonly referred to as Excusepistons, a common imported engine part from Brazil. Better technology is available to make the Penn not look as bad but fighting against the Floatation Devices and Dirty Sanchez's give him a future while the St. Pierre Express, SOS, and many others will leave him in their dust trail next to where his desire has been for years.

No one knows what the future holds for the Penn:

If the Penn does face the Fitchfinder, SOS, or St. Pierre Express again, expect the Penn to be in this shape going in..... and his opponents will race him as if it was another night out with (or at) the club.

I may soon need to make another entry into the history of the USS Penn.
Pages: 1 [2] 3