is this a good MMA PROGRAM?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » is this a good MMA PROGRAM?
Reaper0314
9/10/10 10:30:06AM
Hey guys im new in the forum, so i dont know if this is the correct place to post this. The thing is ive always loved mma, (watching of course)...so after lots and lots of weight loss from track and field(running a lot) i decided to try going for it , not competively but just to learn the sport.... so theres this gym close to my house, and they are certified by american top team to give their level 1 mma program and there also also boxing, bjj, taewondo and fitness yoga for 135 monthly...i already went and i loved it ..but i just wanna know is it a good deal....like even though they dont offer muay thai..they have monthly seminars for different martial arts including muay thai.... thanx
Jackelope
9/10/10 10:40:52AM
If you have fun and feel it's worth the price, why not? 135 monthly is about what you can expect to pay anywhere for a full time unlimited schedule.

I couldn't possibly comment on the quality of the training without knowing a lot more information or seeing them in person, but I feel like maybe that's not the point. ATT is a good program to be attached to, though. The point is to have fun, stay in shape, and enjoy yourself. If it accomplishes all of that for you then it's a good start.

If the point is to become the ultimate badass and UFC champ then maybe you should look at moving to Vegas to join Xtreme Couture. Or to Florida to join ATT, or NM to join Greg Jackson's camp. Honestly, though.. when you're starting out.... your goal should be the above mentioned things- have fun, stay in shape, and enjoy yourself.

Reaper0314
9/10/10 10:44:30AM
yeah its fun and a little hard ..but i like the challenge,,,the other thing is how do i combine wat they teach me ..i like to think i should use the fast kicks and throws from taewondo and the punches from boxing,,bjj for ground and yoga for flexibilty...and the mma class for the clinches
Jackelope
9/10/10 10:56:54AM
Well if you don't mind me asking- what is your background in martial arts (if any) and how old are you?
Reaper0314
9/10/10 11:01:33AM
IM 17 AND I HAVE NO MARTIAL ARTS EXPERIENCE WATSOEVER..ONLY A FEW STREET FIGHTS HERE AND THERE BUT NOT MUCH HAHAHAH
Jackelope
9/10/10 11:09:58AM

Posted by Reaper0314

IM 17 AND I HAVE NO MARTIAL ARTS EXPERIENCE WATSOEVER..ONLY A FEW STREET FIGHTS HERE AND THERE BUT NOT MUCH HAHAHAH

First- don't post in all caps. It's a bannable offense.

Second- Yeah, if you have no experience then just worry about getting started, having fun, and seeing if you like it. Good luck.
Reaper0314
9/10/10 11:12:19AM
ok thanx