Good fighters in lighter weight classes

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Good fighters in lighter weight classes
fedorwins1
6/21/07 11:56:40AM
Alright we all know who the badass fighters are in the lightweight division up to the heavyweight division. My question is who are the great fighters at lighter weight classes who don't get enough recognition that they should. We all know about Faber and Kid, but who are the unknowns?
Stickan
6/21/07 12:06:02PM
JZ Calvacante is IMO one of the biggest hidden stars in MMA. I think he'd beat most of the UFC light weights.

There are also a lot of talent in the lower weight classes in Shooto. Guys like "Lion" Takeshi Inoue, BJ Kojima and Antonio Carvalho are under the radar for most MMA fans.
fedorwins1
6/21/07 12:47:23PM
Now that the UFC is expanding, I hope they consider the other weight classes, it is very fast paced and they never gas.
MrGreeny
6/21/07 7:57:04PM
Lets pray, that we see lighter guyz and maybe girlz in the mainstream MMA orgs some day...
NME
6/21/07 9:01:43PM
At featherweight, just in WEC, you have Rani Yahya, who is a great jiu jitsu practitioner, and Cub Swanson, whose only loss came in his first fight, which he later avenged.

At bantamweight, many would probably consider Chase Beebe, the current WEC champion, and Eddie Wineland, the former champion who Beebe defeated to win the title, unkowns. Jeff Bedard is an up and coming fighter in the division, with a 9-0 record.
hippysmacker
6/21/07 11:25:53PM
Kid Yamamoto and Uriah Faber come to mind first for me.
NME
6/22/07 7:36:57AM

Posted by fedorwins1

We all know about Faber and Kid, but who are the unknowns?

Posted by hippysmacker

Tremendous.
hippysmacker
6/22/07 7:39:17AM

Posted by NME

Posted by fedorwins1

We all know about Faber and Kid, but who are the unknowns?

Posted by hippysmacker

Tremendous.

I guess I just crack myself up
LightsOut33093
6/23/07 12:36:52PM
Uriah Faber
grappler0000
6/23/07 1:15:08PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Now that the UFC is expanding, I hope they consider the other weight classes, it is very fast paced and they never gas.

I believe they plan on leaving the lower weights to WEC.

Also...With the talk of Pulver transitioning to WEC to bring them some recognition, it makes me wonder whether it would be a promising move for Manny as well...he's done well against the guys on the show, but would be manhandled by the top guys at 155.