GOOD Fighter Suppliments

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » GOOD Fighter Suppliments
KeNn
1/15/08 11:15:01PM
I want to start taking some Suppliments or Shakes.
Something before each class, To boost energy, and tone muscles.

Any Ideas?
kevietre
1/15/08 11:19:30PM
Cellucore's M5 is a pre-workout kre-alkalyn creatine that makes you feel like the incredible hulk at the gym.

LINK
Salty
1/15/08 11:55:43PM
ive always wanted to feel like a green giant! lol

No-Xplode is pretty good, i've started taking that.

also anyone know of any good "weight loss" supplements, my buddy says hydroxycut hardcore works well and helps curb your cravings for snacks and stuff (my biggest problem is i sstuff my face after working out) im trying to drop from 250 to 190ish (looking to compete at middleweight/welterweight) and i know alot there isn't a magic pill that helps you lose weight but anything that helps well helps
KeNn
1/16/08 8:06:18AM
lol yeah that'd be nice, I'm still hanging out at 185-190.
I train 5 days a week for about 3 hrs. Juijtisu, mma, and muay thai.
When i started I was 195, lol. I've really toned up, and slendered down though.
I was never really fat, but i was kinda beefy.

So if I can't cut weight, I might as well toneup.
and I'm already the hulk at the gym lol jp.

I'll deffinately check in to your guy's recomendations, any idea where I can find these? ....ahh I'll just google it. lol

BTW: THE RUMORS ABOUT CREATINE SHRINKING YOUR BALLS ISNT TRUE RIGHT?
lance70301
1/16/08 9:05:38AM
No-Xplode is good, and if you train 2-3 times a day, you can take it 15-30 minutes before your workout. It gives you a great boast of energy without the jitters. It also mixes with water well. I order alot of my props from www.powershack.com. They are over 50 % cheaper than GNC. No tax and shipping is very cheap, might want to go in half with someone else to save even more.
StevenSeagal
1/16/08 9:25:33AM
For anyone that trains in MMA. They should use a preworkout mixture of Acetyl L-Carnitine powder, Taurine powder, and Vitamin C powder in a little orange juice before any exercise. Pre workout supplements are just as important as post. I may not be all cut up as you can tell by my Velocity Diet blog, but I do know what the deal is when it comes to supplements and training. Its just the laziness factor of me sticking to them lol. But this cocktail gives you a very nice boost without any sort of jitters. It is a great antioxidant combination, and keeps your central nervous system strong. A worn out CNS can cut short your training just as much as tired muscles. Take care of the complete picture. Also to reference the previous post about creatine... It has nothing to do with your balls. The most you will get that is harmful from creatine is an upset stomach if it doesnt digest all the way. From experience, I got 10X more out of my BJJ sessions when I started taking the cocktail I spoke about in the beginning. Besides that, hit ur creatine with simple sugars or just a gatorade and some protein immediatly after your workouts. That goes without saying.

Also a note about NO-Xplode. I used to sell this stuff. although it def does get ur blood pumping, it is wayy too expensive. The main ingredient in it is Arginine Alpha Ketogluterate. Google that and by just that. Saves u a boat load and works just as well. Great place to order from is www.bulknutrition.com

hope this helped
fullerene
1/16/08 9:35:22AM
I'm not big on performance enhancing supplements, but I do take a few things to help with some of the strain that training puts on the body:
a multivitamin
glucosamine-chondroitin
ZMA

StevenSeagal
1/16/08 9:47:36AM

Posted by fullerene

I'm not big on performance enhancing supplements, but I do take a few things to help with some of the strain that training puts on the body:
a multivitamin
glucosamine-chondroitin
ZMA

Thats def true. Thats why I stick with protein and those powdered amino acids I spoke about. I worked at GNC for years when I was young and tried everything under the sun. Most all of it is repackaged garbage. If people just focused on eating correctly and training correctly with the right basic supplements they'd be good. Gotta walk before you run. Nothing is funnier than when im at the gym and hear kids talk about "being ON protein" or "being ON creatine" lol like its steroids...

I did forget about the glucosamine-chondroitin. Great point. Especially with BJJ, ur joints take a beating from all the different locks and stuff. Def something to add
fedorwins1
1/16/08 3:40:40PM
I usually stay away from all the protein powers because of all of the artificial sweeteners in it like Splenda and they taste horrible on top of that, well most of them do. I take a multivitamin and I've just started taking creatine(I've taken it for 2 weeks so far) and it's pretty good, I was skeptical at first.
KeNn
1/16/08 5:24:46PM
Okay, I love all your input guys I really appreciate it.

I'm not aware of all the terminology of the vitamins, and suppliments your recommending, I'm really new to this world. I just have a good diet going for myself, and good training. So I want to step up and basically get more out of it.

So what I mean by this, if anyone can sum the information up for such as
What actual products they prefer for a good pre/post work out mixture creatine, vitamin, and maybe protein shake that'd be excellent.

I checked the body building website, but their not to helpful they just want to bulk up and look like a tank lol I just want to be clean cut.

So once again thanks alot, and sorry i'm so newb to this suppliment/vitamin world lol.
fedorwins1
1/16/08 5:59:37PM
Creatine monohydrate is the best form of creatine. It's completely safe and it's not too expensive and so far no studies have found a brand of creatine monohydrate to be better than any other. You can get creatine at any vitamin shop or GNC.
KeNn
1/16/08 8:26:22PM
ok so creatine before and after work out?

How about some vitamins? or protien shakes?

when is the best time to take your shakes, and how much protien should a guy have a day?
Also any recomendable brand names for the protien shake?
StevenSeagal
1/16/08 11:05:06PM

Posted by KeNn

ok so creatine before and after work out?

How about some vitamins? or protien shakes?

when is the best time to take your shakes, and how much protien should a guy have a day?
Also any recomendable brand names for the protien shake?

5 grams creatine before, 5 grams afterward with ur protein shake.
Vitamins are up to u. couple regular daily multis will do.
No set value for amount of protein. depends on how much wanna eat. and what goals ur looking for. more the better. some people do from half ur total body weight worth of protein a day all the way up to 3x ur weight in protein. Find a balance for what u want. advice on protein brands: most are made from 2-3 big wholesale corps that slap GNC or Muscletech on them. so dont waste ur money on names.

BUT someone might post after this and say my FACTS are wrong lol so if u wanna use my factual advice go ahead. If RUSH gets on here and tell u to eat rabbit terds and do 4 finger pushups then u choose who to listen to lol
KeNn
1/17/08 8:02:29AM
I actually lol'd at that last part.
Thanks for the advice, I know what products to get now boys.

thanks again