How good a fighter IS Lindland?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » How good a fighter IS Lindland?
Purge
7/8/08 5:20:32PM
I've heard how this guy would be a threat to Anderson Silva, but when I look at his record, I really don't see anything that would prove it

I see he fought and took Rampage to a Split decision, but doesn't that mean that he would be better of at LHW?

I honestly don't know much about this guy, as I find it hard to find his fights, but is he really that dangerous?

balack_o-bama
7/8/08 5:26:49PM
Not very good at all. Hes a great wrestler, but this is MMA. He loses to almost every decent fighter he fights. Hes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrated. Hes pretty much garbage. Anderson would destroy him. So would Franklin, Hendo, Bisping, and a handfull of others at 185.
Khaos
7/8/08 5:29:49PM
He's so good he can tap twice in one fight (UFC 37)

Purge
7/8/08 5:33:07PM
Just saw his fight with Terrell, ouch.

Does Negao have a shot?
loller90278
7/8/08 6:04:46PM

Posted by Purge

Just saw his fight with Terrell, ouch.

Does Negao have a shot?

negao is my secret parlay. we're going to see a classic wrestling vs JJ match, and negao has some proper credentials. i think he has a very good chance on an upset!
nickcuc547
7/8/08 6:05:02PM
i think he's a bit overrated but still a top 5 middleweight if you ask me. i think he could take paulo filho.
juanez13
7/8/08 6:07:33PM
just look at him as you see Dan Henderson (training partners) except Lindland is a better wrestler.
rabbit915
7/8/08 6:22:09PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i think he's a bit overrated but still a top 5 middleweight if you ask me. i think he could take paulo filho.

Filho is a beast thats gotten lazy because hes been fighing in the WEC. I would pick him to beat any MW other than Anderson Silva and even that would be a toss up.
cmill21
7/8/08 6:32:38PM

Posted by juanez13

just look at him as you see Dan Henderson (training partners) except Lindland is a better wrestler.

Yep, Olympic Silver. Also I think he would probably have a good chance at beating Anderson, a wrestler with good JJ defense is the best bet to take anderson out, and Lindland is a very very good wrestler. Also the difference between Hendo and Lindland is Hendo sometimes decides to stand and trade(alot) and Lindland ussually sticks to his plan.
Gipper
7/8/08 9:59:42PM
lindland is one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. in my mind he beat rampage when they fought a few years back and was close to having fedor in trouble not to long ago. in my mind he's still easily at the top of the mw food chain. it's to bad ufc won't let him back so we could see him fight some of the other top 10 mw's.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 11:30:35PM
Linland is pretty tough, but I think that Anderson would destroy him. As a couple other guys at 185
RNC
7/9/08 2:02:25AM
Lindland is good, but no where close to Silva.
copcopps
7/9/08 12:04:18PM
Silva>Lindland.

Age is getting on Lindland's body but he's still great. He's not that smart however going up to HW
RandyCouture
7/10/08 10:32:54PM
All i kno is when i meet Matt Lindland at UFC 77 he looked drunk and smelled like crap, but i got his autograph so all is good.
KYGUY07
7/12/08 11:34:49PM
p4p one of the best
jgtribbett
7/16/08 2:08:33AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Not very good at all. Hes a great wrestler, but this is MMA. He loses to almost every decent fighter he fights. Hes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrated. Hes pretty much garbage. Anderson would destroy him. So would Franklin, Hendo, Bisping, and a handfull of others at 185.

ok that is idiotic.. he can hang well with any decent fighter.. ANY.. i think he is dangerous to everyone.. but doesnt have the edge that makes him a real winner. he will consistantly threaten ppl and imo he beat page.. so that is good enough for me. he is the type of guy that i would want as a coach to be honest
RMFG_187
7/29/08 12:17:29AM
Lindland is definitely Top 10 MW. Probably Top 25 P4P. But there is no way he can beat A Silva. I think he would have trouble with Rich.