Need some GOOD Brand name Vitamins.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Need some GOOD Brand name Vitamins.
KeNn
1/23/08 9:28:59PM
These are the Vitamins I want to take, and I need good brand names that I can buy in my Local store.

Multivitamin.
Fish Oil
Vit C

and any other vitamins you think would be good for a fighter, and I also am thinking of cutting some weight, so any vits that help with that.

thanks guy, remember I need brand names not some sick description, to be honest I really don't understand all the sciences of the vitamins, I just know the basics of what they do.
Styles
1/23/08 10:04:29PM
Vitamins are for people that cant get what they need out of a daily diet. You dont need vitamins to be a fighter. Talk to someone about what you want and your diet and figure out what you need from there. Everybody is deffierent and their bodies work in different ways, so the same thing that may work for person A doesn't mean it will work for person B. You also have to be careful of what you are taking with what. I dont think there is anyone on this site that has a degree and can specifically tell you what you should take via internet.
Rush
1/23/08 10:48:15PM
For a multi-vitamin I use Ultimate One by Nulife. I use the Active formula.

KeNn
1/24/08 12:31:33AM
I'll have to agree styles, a multi vitamin never hurt no one that even has proper nutrition. Fish Oil is one of the most healthiest vitamins you can get, if you don't take fish oil considerate.

Google it if you don't know what it is an you'll agree.

I know what my body type is I asked for brand names of well known vitamins, and was wondering if anyone had any recommended vitamins that they have had success with.

Thanks for the responses guys.
StevenSeagal
1/24/08 10:37:29AM

Posted by KeNn

These are the Vitamins I want to take, and I need good brand names that I can buy in my Local store.

Multivitamin.
Fish Oil
Vit C

and any other vitamins you think would be good for a fighter, and I also am thinking of cutting some weight, so any vits that help with that.

thanks guy, remember I need brand names not some sick description, to be honest I really don't understand all the sciences of the vitamins, I just know the basics of what they do.

Multi's run from basic all the way up to overkill. For example- The GNC Mens formula that requires 2 a day and most vitamins are like 66438276% over ur daily value. These are like $30 bucks a box and are not really worth it. Some people swear by them, but a couple cheap Century vitamins at ur local grocery store are fine. I usually just pop 2 of those and there a hell of a lot cheaper. Vitamins are def necessary. They give ur body the antioxidants to keep ur body cells from destroying themselves (in short, theres more that goes with this) especially if ur training. Im not sure if I read someone posting they are not needed but, u really need to supplement extra vitamins and antioxidants when training.

As far as fish oil goes. Good stuff. I take 10-15 grams a day myself. Other forms are milled flax seeds. Both usually have a good spread of omega 3,6, and 9.
No real difference in brand really from my experience. So pick up what is around.

Vitamin C. This is one of the antioxidants I was talking about. You can get it from your multi but I put powdered vit C in my pre-workout cocktail everyday. Helps with muscle healing as well as antioxidant properties. BulkNutrition.com has great prices on bulk powders. Thats where I've been going for years.

Weight Loss supplements as in caffeine based garbage they sell at GNC and other places are poop... Unless u get some Clenbuterol or Ephedra (which I highly discourage) Dont waste ur money on these.
Fastest, healthiest way of losing weight is diet and exercise, as old folky as it sounds. I;ve tried everything under the sun and 99% is complete garbage.

Some less known weight loss supplements Ive used and still use are:
Raspberry Ketones- long reason on why I take them. PM or respond if interested

Chocomine- good chemicals in dark chocolate ,mixed with some caffeine and other cool stuff that works. its a powder and tastes like crap but just putting it out there.

good luck man. let me know if u need more info.
StevenSeagal
1/24/08 10:49:24AM

Posted by Styles

Vitamins are for people that cant get what they need out of a daily diet. You dont need vitamins to be a fighter. Talk to someone about what you want and your diet and figure out what you need from there. Everybody is deffierent and their bodies work in different ways, so the same thing that may work for person A doesn't mean it will work for person B. You also have to be careful of what you are taking with what. I dont think there is anyone on this site that has a degree and can specifically tell you what you should take via internet.

If someone cant even tolerate a needed basic vitamin, ask yourself are they REALLY healthy enough to train MMA lol? Only thing is if u are already on prescription meds... then id consult someone to be sure. If ur healthy and have a clean bill, then a multi and some C and Fish oil is not gonna hurt anyone. especially the multi (which is def needed when training). If ur reason for not taking a multi was true, then the whole protein powder industry would not exist.
bayareasrick
1/24/08 11:01:55AM
Start off with a healthy diet, thats probably more important than anything you can just take. Having said that.

Animal Pak = Best multivitamin (if you train/workout, good stuff in it)
Centrum = Best multivitamin (couch potatoe daily, good price)
Carlsons = Fish oil (liquid) HANDS DOWN the best (taste pretty nasty)
Vitamine C = I use Kirkland (costco) but I think the best is ester-c http://www.ester-c.com/pages/benefits.aspx

You could try my other favs pre and post workout supps
- I use Universals (Animal Pak company) pre = Shock Therapy
post = Storm
-BSN and Gaspari Nutrition make them as well but little more expensive but IMO all work the same (I have tried the 3 brands I mentioned)

O yeah vitamine shoppe is my fav store to walk in and buy all the above, the OTHER nutrition store is waaayyyyyyy overpriced. I bite my tounge mumble under my breath everytime its absoloutly neccassary and my only option (out of protein powder and can't make it to costco or vitamine shoppe, GGGRRRRRR).

my .02
KeNn
1/24/08 12:17:44PM
ok word thanks boys.

I went grocery shopping today, and picked up some of the good shit...lol LOTS of mo'****** greens and oats.

My "suppliments" are as followed

Morning- Whey Shake.

Pre Workout- NOXPLODE, Whey shake.

Post work out- Whey shake.

NOXPLODE asmuch as I want to call it over priced ******* garbage, it isn't. lol It's givin me HUGE ammounts of energy in the day or 2 I've used it...I haven't seen no results physically yet, but mentally the effect is instant, So I'll keep you guys posted.

I am taking a multivitamin, a Vitamin C, and a Canolla Oil Capsule right now, their from Herbal Life. Though I can't find no table of contents for them, so I don't know if I'm getting the right nutrients.
Salty
1/24/08 1:06:14PM
I don't know how much you pay for no-xplode but check out Mass Nutrition they have really good prices on it, some under $30
bayareasrick
1/24/08 2:36:20PM

Posted by KeNn

ok word thanks boys.

I went grocery shopping today, and picked up some of the good shit...lol LOTS of mo'****** greens and oats.

My "suppliments" are as followed

Morning- Whey Shake.

Pre Workout- NOXPLODE, Whey shake.

Post work out- Whey shake.

NOXPLODE asmuch as I want to call it over priced ******* garbage, it isn't. lol It's givin me HUGE ammounts of energy in the day or 2 I've used it...I haven't seen no results physically yet, but mentally the effect is instant, So I'll keep you guys posted.

I am taking a multivitamin, a Vitamin C, and a Canolla Oil Capsule right now, their from Herbal Life. Though I can't find no table of contents for them, so I don't know if I'm getting the right nutrients.

when your tub of NO-XPLODE is done try shock therapy then compare. I started with shock therapy and when I saw NO-XPLODE on super sale at vitamine shoppe I tried it, and eehhh. Do the math searvings per tub-cost of tub-they work the same= more money for say, BCAA's my other favorite (NOW powder branched chain amino acids).

Just a thought. NO-XPLODE definately works, but I wouldn't say BETTER though. Oh last thought bodybuilding.com is a real good place to buy things online or over phone.
KeNn
1/24/08 5:18:27PM
Picked up some more supps from GNC, real good deal.

I got a gold card, and the girl was real straight up with me.
cmill21
1/25/08 12:38:41AM
Waste of money remind me to make you a good diet to follow.
KeNn
1/25/08 10:42:51PM
^_^ I've got an excellent diet.

+++ I got a really rich protien powder, and it feels excellent.
I believe I was starving my mucles of protien and thats why I couldn't preform to my fullest.

Right now I'm eating excellent, I'm honestly in the best shape EVER. Now I just gotta stay this way, and get more cut.