A Good Book About MMA and Combat Sports

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » A Good Book About MMA and Combat Sports
zephead
6/10/07 5:42:26PM
Written by Sam Sheridan, A Fighter's Heart: One Man's Journey Through the World of Fighting

A very well researched and written book. When I started reading it, I finished it in 2 days. He goes to Thailand (Muay Tai), Japan (With BTT), Brazil (To train with BTT), Oakland to train boxing and to Iowa with Militech. Great book
teamquestnorth
6/10/07 5:45:33PM
read that one too. i wonder when that movie is coming out that he was describing towards the end The life and death of bobby z i think its called they filmed it like 2 years ago.
xthe_scottx
6/11/07 12:38:33AM
I remember seeing Sheridan on The Daily Show talking about this book. It looked interesting but I forgot about it after that. I'll add it to my list of books to read and hopefully read it soon since I'm hearing good things about it.
Gladiator
6/12/07 2:12:38PM
this book is great, i think the most interesting part was the backstage talks he had hanging out with the miletich guys at ufc 47. his training at fairtex was pretty cool too.
Mastodon2
6/12/07 3:11:48PM
Did he meet Alain Ngalani while he was training at Fairtex?
rcg916
6/13/07 5:49:15PM
Thanks for the tip, bought this a few days ago (after your post)... Im most of the way through it, and its a great read...