Gonzaga vs Tuchscherer at UFC 102

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gonzaga vs Tuchscherer at UFC 102
Franklinfan47
5/6/09 3:44:14PM
link

A heavyweight bout between former contender Gabriel Gonzaga and newcomer Chris Tuchscherer is likely for UFC 102 on August 29.

MMAWeekly.com learned of the match-up Wednesday through multiple sources close to the fight, confirming both parties have agreed to the contest.

Its funny, I was just thinking the other day that the ufc needs to sign this guy. If you haven't seen him, check out some of his fights
Khaos
5/6/09 4:21:33PM
based off what I saw at YAMMA, Gonzaga wins by whatever he wants.
Kpro
5/6/09 4:23:18PM

Posted by Khaos

Ability to fight on a flat surface ?
Mr_Dead_Sexy
5/6/09 5:33:13PM
I wouldn't take anything I saw at YAMMA seriously. I mean, just look at Travis Wiuff..

Tuchscerer is a solid prospect. And lets face it, Gonzaga's wrestling is pretty suspect. I'll probablly take Gonzaga, but if Tuchscerer is around +300 or so, he'd be a very decent bet.
nickcuc547
5/6/09 6:12:36PM
looks like gabe has to work his way back up from the bottom, hopefully he makes it.
Khaos
5/6/09 6:42:26PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Khaos

Ability to fight on a flat surface ?

I was only being sarcastic, but I thought Chris was boring, and even if I wouldn't have seen the fights I'd still think GG by whatever.
Mayhem13
5/6/09 10:22:15PM
Chris is strong, but his mma game is pretty raw...and he will be completely outclassed and overwhelmed in this fight.

Gonzaga rnd 1 sub
prozacnation1978
5/7/09 12:02:26AM
102 is very solid card and i di hear that any day now the ufc will annouce the 102 venue in portland which is good news to me since i already bought my plane ticket
Twenty20Dollars
5/7/09 11:54:30AM

Posted by Mr_Dead_Sexy

but if Tuchscerer is around +300 or so, he'd be a very decent bet.

Tuchscere is around 300, in his weight.

gonzaga should be faster and has the ground advantage. Why is gonzaga getting to face all these new UFC incoming HW's?
MMAcca
5/9/09 1:38:25AM
Tuscherer is by no means a given here.

Training with Brock Lesnar everyday has to have it's benefits and being with Minnesota Mixed Martial Arts, his cardio should be pretty good for a big guy. That could definately be a factor looking at Gonzaga's previous appearances.