Gonzaga put in his place?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gonzaga put in his place?
« Previous Page
cmill21
8/29/07 5:35:15PM
Ok my favorite fighter is Mirko, I don`t really care if people call me a nuthugger...I am. People are all over chucks jock and he got worked for the second straight fight vs. page. Nuthugging IMO is a good thing, It`s the people who get all over the guy who has one win, and can`t quit talking about him being the next big thing, then bing he gets crushed and uh oh no one likes him anymore. But you had an intelligent post none the less!
Jackelope
8/29/07 5:50:35PM

Posted by ncordless

I am starting think that the reason that Cro Cop lost was that people were hugging his nuts so hard he was having a tough time getting his LHK off.

HAHAHA I don't care who I agree with- THAT was funny
sakurabaforever
8/29/07 7:14:38PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Its a two way bet my son, already stands 1-0 to GG, I like my chances !!!

Fluke or not GG was victorious ... Not CC.
I like how it was said that if CC was to land a head kick on GG, Gonzaga wouldnt be able to take too many like hunt did. If, If, If, If... We know thing, Crocop cant take gonzaga's head kicks can he now...??? He got KTFO from gonzaga's head kick !!!!!!

You get KOd when you don't see a kick coming. CC would have never thought GG would HK him. There goes that HUGE advantage in the rematch. Not to mention CC has faced WAY more powerful kickers in K1.

CC will also not throw slow body kicks or be unprepared for elbows again.

And here's the kicker - CC will be mad as hell. GG has ZERO advantages in the rematch. I would not want to be GG on that night

And if you think I hate GG, check out the GG vs Hunt thread. I actually defended GG (although I picked the realistic odds of 60/40 for Hunt). GG is a powerful JJ guy and has a good chance against most fighters, but just because people thought he was the next messiah after KOing CC doesn't mean he's top 10 (yet anyway, I'm sure he will learn from the fight with Couture and his upcoming losses to top 10 fighters, and someday be a major threat...but that day is not here, so no sense talking like it is).

zephead
8/29/07 8:13:28PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by cmill21

Do you not understand that he had all the motivation in the world? He was close to bankruptcy, and this was his big shot. Mirko had no motivation,. he made his money, he won his title, he was there to make more money. Now he has motivation, he feels people in the UFC and the US don't respect him, piss off an elite kickboxing ATJ Luko commander....

I am starting think that the reason that Cro Cop lost was that people were hugging his nuts so hard he was having a tough time getting his LHK off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
keith-hackney1
9/9/07 11:34:41AM

CC is not "very beatable". If that were true he would have a ton of losses. But yes, everyone is beatable.

Now the difference in his other losses is that those fighters actually fought the real CC. GG fought 10% or so of a guy that didn't feel like fighting. That's why CC would destroy him in a rematch. He is a smart guy and has never lost to the same MMA opponent twice. What does that tell you? I think it's likely he takes Fedor in a rematch as well.

GG's win is NOTHING like the others. Fluke, nothing more. Randy wouldn't be able to do this either, maybe if CC beat GG, he would underestimate Couture and lose, so maybe this is all better in the long run for CC, because he will never underestimate anyone again.

.... I suppose congo's win was a fluke too right ??????????
TIME TO EAT YOUR WORDS CROCOP FAN NUMBER ONE !!!!!

cmill21
9/9/07 1:24:46PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

.... I suppose congo's win was a fluke too right ??????????
TIME TO EAT YOUR WORDS CROCOP FAN NUMBER ONE !!!!!

Ummmmm.....I can tell you to just watch his pride fights, then watch his UFC fights, then tell me if it's the same guy.....then you'll have to eat your words of hating.
sakurabaforever
9/9/07 1:53:52PM
Well, Kongo didn't look that good either...don't know exactly what your point is...especially posting this in a GG thread.

Kongo did not beat the real CC. Anyone who has seen CC fight before the UFC can plainly see that. I can understand your position if you have only seen his UFC fights. Then you wouldn't know what a monster this guy is. You just saw Kongo beat CC at 25% tops. CC used almost none of his skills in that fight. Where were the low kicks? The punching combinations (they are so powerful and amazing, watch the Bob Sapp fight, he shatters his orbital...Kongo is no where near Bob Sapp's size)?

CC just doesn't care anymore. It's not that impressive to beat a man like that. That is why Randleman will always have real credit for beating him. GG and Kongo won't.

keith-hackney1
9/9/07 4:30:47PM

Posted by sakurabaforever

Well, Kongo didn't look that good either...don't know exactly what your point is...especially posting this in a GG thread.

Kongo did not beat the real CC. Anyone who has seen CC fight before the UFC can plainly see that. I can understand your position if you have only seen his UFC fights. Then you wouldn't know what a monster this guy is. You just saw Kongo beat CC at 25% tops. CC used almost none of his skills in that fight. Where were the low kicks? The punching combinations (they are so powerful and amazing, watch the Bob Sapp fight, he shatters his orbital...Kongo is no where near Bob Sapp's size)?

CC just doesn't care anymore. It's not that impressive to beat a man like that. That is why Randleman will always have real credit for beating him. GG and Kongo won't.

Bob sapp is an oversized k1 flop. Aerts just ko'd him with a knee to the chest inside two minutes. CC beat sapp with a liver/rib kick.
My point in this thread, was that you said CC would be unbeatable on his return from the ko to GG which in your words stated GG's win was a fluke.
If CC has trained as hard as he said for kongo, then kongo was the better fighter. I have all of CC's career in my mma dvd collection, he was devestating in pride until nogueria stopped him with the 2nd round arm bar. Again CC came back strong all the way to his fights with the emilianenko brothers. Then he got ko'd by randlemen, came back up again and won the GP.
I have said all along, that any fights in any division of the ufc are all dangerous, there is no easy fights anymore. CC cannot perform in a cage, He's a world class k1 striker, he should go back to k1.
Kongo improved a hell of alot since his fight with silva. CC aint right but thats no excuse, he got beat twice by better fighters.
cmill21
9/9/07 5:16:10PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Bob sapp is an oversized k1 flop. Aerts just ko'd him with a knee to the chest inside two minutes. CC beat sapp with a liver/rib kick.
My point in this thread, was that you said CC would be unbeatable on his return from the ko to GG which in your words stated GG's win was a fluke.
If CC has trained as hard as he said for kongo, then kongo was the better fighter. I have all of CC's career in my mma dvd collection, he was devestating in pride until nogueria stopped him with the 2nd round arm bar. Again CC came back strong all the way to his fights with the emilianenko brothers. Then he got ko'd by randlemen, came back up again and won the GP.
I have said all along, that any fights in any division of the ufc are all dangerous, there is no easy fights anymore. CC cannot perform in a cage, He's a world class k1 striker, he should go back to k1.
Kongo improved a hell of alot since his fight with silva. CC aint right but thats no excuse, he got beat twice by better fighters.

Ummm he beat sapp by breaking his orbital bone(with 14oz gloves), he fought aleks after the randleman fight, and theres no way kongo is a better fighter then Mirko, that fight was shitty on both ends, Mirko just fought less. If he gave it his all and lost then I would agree, but I really hope neither of them was giving their all because that wasn't a good fight.
keith-hackney1
9/9/07 5:20:14PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by keith-hackney1

Ummm he beat sapp by breaking his orbital bone(with 14oz gloves), he fought aleks after the randleman fight, and theres no way kongo is a better fighter then Mirko, that fight was shitty on both ends, Mirko just fought less. If he gave it his all and lost then I would agree, but I really hope neither of them was giving their all because that wasn't a good fight.

I have got all of CC's fights, I still believe that he's a world class striker who should of stayed in k1.
cmill21
9/9/07 6:41:55PM
I don't think there'd be a difference, not having the fire in the UFC is the same as not having it in K-1.
sakurabaforever
9/10/07 11:39:42AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I have got all of CC's fights, I still believe that he's a world class striker who should of stayed in k1.

Okay, maybe you should actually watch them. Then come back and post. CC at 100% would have retired GG and Kongo. I don't understand how you can say they are better fighters, they would be hospitalized by almost any fighter CC has beaten.

Pages: 1 2 [3]