Should Gonzaga fight Kongo??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Should Gonzaga fight Kongo??
Riggeee
3/26/08 2:32:23PM
i think it would be a good fight overall what do you think???
Pookie
3/26/08 2:44:57PM
i think kongo would be out of his element in every area of the fight, not to mention kongo has very little ko power in his arsenal. Gonzaga is a beast until you hurt him at that point he steadily loses steam... i dont think kongo can hurt him. Eventually it will hit the ground and gonzaga will probably sub him.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/26/08 3:04:03PM
Kongo vs Lesnar after Coleman.

For Gonzaga (maybe Mir, or Vera after Verdum)
---Honestly I really would like to see Arvloski vs Gonzaga...but that is no longer an option. Maybe Heering?
RMFG_187
3/26/08 3:14:16PM
Gonzaga vs Lesnar!!!
gsquat
3/26/08 3:43:51PM
I think that'd be a decent matchup as far as rankings go. I'd probably have to take Kongo. Gonzaga going fetal in his last fight showed he was easy to overwhelm. Kongo would take it to him and win via TKO.

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

---Honestly I really would like to see Arvloski vs Gonzaga...but that is no longer an option.

Why do you say that. Because of rankings?

wolfman
3/26/08 4:02:00PM

Posted by gsquat

I think that'd be a decent matchup as far as rankings go. I'd probably have to take Kongo. Gonzaga going fetal in his last fight showed he was easy to overwhelm. Kongo would take it to him and win via TKO.

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

---Honestly I really would like to see Arvloski vs Gonzaga...but that is no longer an option.

Why do you say that. Because of rankings?

Because it looks like Arlovski is out of the UFC.
tylerlee123
3/26/08 4:04:31PM
It seems like a sensible fight i think gonzaga would take it though, he seems more well rounded to me
nickcuc547
3/26/08 4:24:05PM
makes sense, i think gonzaga destroys though, but the fight makes sense for both right now.
skatenate
3/26/08 5:08:02PM
great fight, i think gonzaga would take it, but with effort required
Twenty20Dollars
3/26/08 5:43:59PM
no it would be a boring fight. Kongo vs Vera would be better or Kong vs Sylvia. I mean Sylvia did call him out.
cmill21
3/26/08 6:47:15PM
It would be over very quick. Either GG would sub Kongo in 4.5 seconds or Kongo would TKO GG if he hit him.
prozacnation1978
3/26/08 6:58:28PM
either at ufc 86 or 87 kongo will fight slyvia and eddie sanchez will fight gonzaga next and mir will fight either herring or arlovski if he is still in the ufc
mrliquid
3/26/08 6:59:04PM
GG would win hands down Kongo couldn't deal with his striking or his ground game he isn't devoloped enough in either categorie I wouldnt mind seeing Mir against GG though bet it would be a badas battle on the ground.
jgtribbett
3/26/08 7:03:55PM

Posted by Pookie

i think kongo would be out of his element in every area of the fight, not to mention kongo has very little ko power in his arsenal. Gonzaga is a beast until you hurt him at that point he steadily loses steam... i dont think kongo can hurt him. Eventually it will hit the ground and gonzaga will probably sub him.

yep i'msaying gonzaga would make him look like a fool.
thisbeme
3/26/08 7:58:25PM
Interesting fight..though Gonzaga just has more skills...Kongo is more athletic I think though...but I don't seem him contending too well against Gonzaga
cmill21
3/26/08 8:47:29PM

Posted by mrliquid

GG would win hands down Kongo couldn't deal with his striking or his ground game he isn't devoloped enough in either categorie I wouldnt mind seeing Mir against GG though bet it would be a badas battle on the ground.

Lol after the Cro Cop fight all I heard was how good Kongo's striking was. Not from you but from other posters....I told everyone lol.
Cladrix
3/27/08 12:57:35AM
What about Eddie Sanchez vs. Gonzaga....... Gonzaga is coming off back to back loses..... Eddie is coming off a ko win. I think this might be a good fight.
NatedawgThaM
3/27/08 6:49:51AM
Kongo would destroy Gonzaga only for the simple fact Kongo has heart plus he's a kickboxer. He'd hit Gonzaga hard early which would make Gabriel fold and then be an early TKO finish IMO.
saemskin
3/27/08 11:22:51AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Kongo would destroy Gonzaga only for the simple fact Kongo has heart plus he's a kickboxer. He'd hit Gonzaga hard early which would make Gabriel fold and then be an early TKO finish IMO.

I couldn't disagree more. I really think Kongo is where he is in the UFC simply because he posted a win over a totally out-of-sorts Mirko Cro Cop. Had CC been on his game, maybe taken some prozac before the fight and had he won, Kongo would fold back into relative B-level obscurity where he belongs.

Now we can all go back to eating our freedom fries.
Mchubb316
3/28/08 7:46:40PM
I wouldnt mind seeing that fight. Kongo showed improved ground game his last fight, but still not even close to Gonzaga. I think if this fight happened Gonzaga by armbar 1st round.
Mayhem13
3/29/08 12:53:53AM
Gonaga is well rounded...but if he gets hurt..it seems like he looks for a way out...I dont know who I would take in this..

Probably Gonzaga by rnd 2 Sub....but I dont know
mrkennedy
3/29/08 5:35:19PM
why not
skinnator
3/29/08 11:55:29PM
If the 2 collide... Its going to be a good one.
bls1919
3/30/08 12:14:31AM
This fight would be a good one. Both of these guys are decent strikers. it acctually might go Kongos way, until Gonzaga took him down and GnP his ass. TKO gonzaga 1st Rnd
Kpro
3/30/08 12:26:07AM
I think that either guy can win on any given night by any given method.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I'm practicing for a run for political office.