Gonzaga vs Carwin

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gonzaga vs Carwin
Tank5000
12/30/08 11:15:51AM
What would a fight between Gabriel Gonzaga and Shane Carwin be like?
mentalcase
12/30/08 11:20:36AM
shane would come out throwing bombs, gonzaga has decent stand up but why risk it his ground game is so much better so gonzaga would eventually take the fight to the ground and submit carwin
wiggum
12/30/08 12:44:19PM

Posted by mentalcase

shane would come out throwing bombs, gonzaga has decent stand up but why risk it his ground game is so much better so gonzaga would eventually take the fight to the ground and submit carwin

a takedown would be debatable.....carwin is a former national wrestling champion i believe so the takedowns might not be there.....gonzaga would definitly have a hard time outmuslcing carwin who seems to be a lighter brock lesnar (5xl gloves!!!).....the standup technique i would definitly give to gonzaga and the power (from what ive seen) is about the same....i see this fight being more of a standup battle cuz i doubt carwin wants to test gonzaga on the ground given his pedigree there, and i see gonzaga having some trouble getting it to the ground......there are lot of questions surrounding carwin that this fight should answer, such as: chin, endurance, sub defense, reactions under pressure....cuz at this piont he hasnt been tested, but man has he got power......i see this fight being a standup battle and if neither one puts each others lights out, then i see gonzaga wearing him down with strikes and starting to attempt to take it to the ground somewhere in the 2nd rd, and if he gets it there, most likely game over......in any scenario i see gonzaga winning, its a big of a step up for carwin at this piont, but a good learning experience to get him were he needs to be cuz hes bad ass.........winner i think should be inline or close to getting the winner of the hw tourny
nickcuc547
12/30/08 1:05:08PM
i think gonzaga subs him, carwin hasn't faced a ground fighter even close to gonzaga's calibur, carwin is on the rise but he isn't quite on gonzaga's level just yet.
prozacnation1978
12/30/08 5:01:34PM
shane has one punch knock out power and if a aging randy and a ground wizard in werdum can ko him why not carwin
will the real gonzaga please stand up??
gsquat
12/30/08 5:46:07PM
Carwin is huge and a talented wrestler, but Gonzaga will beat him on the feet or the ground. Gonzaga really is a top HW and will get a title shot again. So obviously I feel he'll go through Carwin to do it.
bls1919
12/30/08 6:10:50PM
I see it going to either fighter by TKO. I would probably pick Carwin, but both are great grapplers(in different aspects), and it would be a sluggfest until somone got off a clean shot. Ohh yeah Carwin does have 5 xl gloves. He punches your whole face not just your eye or nose.
TheNatural915
12/30/08 6:20:12PM
I wonder if Carwin has any cardio
bls1919
12/30/08 6:31:19PM
He was a NCAA champion wrestler and those guys grew up training and cutting weight. I bet his tank is deeper than Gonzagas anyways.