when are we ever gonna see the rest of the pride dvd library put out

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » when are we ever gonna see the rest of the pride dvd library put out
prozacnation1978
2/7/08 1:01:02PM
i was just wondering i know there is no more pride and ufc owns the dvd library of them. are they ever gonna put out the rest of the bushida series, pride 31 to 33 or 34 was it, as well as shockwave 2006 and such. i own alot of pride dvd's also i would love to own the pride 33 and such, i was just wondering if there were any plans on releasing them?? i know the ufc could make alot of money on them if there were too.
Mastodon2
2/7/08 1:40:09PM
I'd love it if they released all of them, but don't count on it. Zuffa wants Pride buried, they don't care that there is an amount of money to be made from releasing their catalogue, more concerned with people believing that there is only UFC.
Pookie
2/7/08 1:41:22PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I'd love it if they released all of them, but don't count on it. Zuffa wants Pride buried, they don't care that there is an amount of money to be made from releasing their catalogue, more concerned with people believing that there is only UFC.

haha your post reminded me of ingsoc from 1984, props
pv3Hpv3p
2/7/08 3:31:40PM
I think Mastadon made a valid comment, but instead of burying it I imagine that they'll keep it under wraps for a year or so and then slowly start to release the archived Pride events, after their marketing dept is satisfied that it cannot give recognition to or help promote any fighters not on the UFC payroll, or any other org.

Just be patient... It's drivin me crazy too...
prozacnation1978
2/7/08 6:06:46PM
true i could see that being a factor to market pride guys they need to show the pride matches of them
mrsmiley
2/7/08 7:31:40PM
Does the Zuffa rerelease of Final Conflict 2003 feature all the original interviews as well?Quinton Jackson really was halarious in that:

"Man,F#$K the UFC!!!"

i still laught at that.
juanez13
2/7/08 8:07:26PM

Posted by Mastodon2

thats actually not why they arent being sold out, zuffa actually wanted to put all of them out, and make as much money as they can on it, but they ran into some trouble since DSE didnt actually own all of the copyright for Pride Videos, so now zuffa is gonna sue DSE because of it, DSE was lying and let zuffa to believe that everything was theirs

LINK
mk1630
2/7/08 8:14:41PM
So if the UFC wins the lawsuit they will probably be releasing the dvds?
atlas777
2/8/08 11:24:21AM
Y i dont think Zuffa will let anything more about Pride ever be released