Gomi vs sherk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Gomi vs sherk
POLL: Sherk Vs Gomi
Sherk Decision 56% (9)
Sherk TKO 38% (6)
Sherk Sub 6% (1)
Aaronno9
6/2/08 1:15:34AM
So i was just updating my rankings and checking the sites rankings, and i noticed gomi is a decent percentage higher than sherk so i was just wondering how many people think gomi would win a fight between the two?

I personally think sherk would have his way with gomi, and depending on how aggressive he is either get a decision or tko. I know gomi's a good striker, but i think sherks got a good enough chin to get in close and get the takedown. I think he definatly has better wrestling and top control that gomi, (even though i think gomis wrestling is pretty good) and i think they've got equal jits.

Shit, i pressed enter instead of shift when i was doing the poll so i just closed it since nobody could vote for gomi. Anyways, who do you guys think would take it?
Pookie
6/2/08 4:17:07AM
Gomi would land just as many shots as penn didm but with much more power. I dont think his chin would hold up.

This is gomi at his best of course, he needs to bring himself back to top performance.
Kpro
6/2/08 4:29:28AM
I think Sherk would win a decision. Sherk is 32-3 and all 3 losses have come against guys who have worn UFC 170 pound gold.

Gomi has lost to lower caliber fighters than Sherk has throughout their careers, hasn't put on a top 10 performance since 06, and has shown that he is inconsistent.

A proper mindset and performance could change that, but Gomi has yet to show it recently.
aaa9erh8er
6/2/08 1:39:35PM
honestly i think it be a hellva fight but sherk would get the UD
nickcuc547
6/2/08 2:37:12PM
gomi's only chance is an early ko, if sherk can survive an early onslaught (which i think he would more often than not), he will control top position and pass gomi's guard at will en route to a dominating unanimous decision.
89vision
6/2/08 2:41:37PM
sherk takes him down for 3 rounds via gomi's bad takedown defense, nick diaz is an opponent they both have in common and sherk did what he would do against gomi take him down while diaz owned gomi and for some reason will not rematch diaz...hmmm
casey64
6/2/08 3:29:24PM

Posted by Kpro

I think Sherk would win a decision. Sherk is 32-3 and all 3 losses have come against guys who have worn UFC 170 pound gold.

Gomi has lost to lower caliber fighters than Sherk has throughout their careers, hasn't put on a top 10 performance since 06, and has shown that he is inconsistent.

A proper mindset and performance could change that, but Gomi has yet to show it recently.