Gomi Looked Sick

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gomi Looked Sick
« Previous Page | Next Page »
ordean
2/25/07 12:13:38PM
The something that was wrong with Gomi is called NICK DIAZ
uhlsc
2/25/07 3:27:25PM
don't get it twisted guys i take nothing away from diaz he fought a hell of a fight last night but you cant tell me that was the normal gomi gassing bad 4 minutes in doesnt seem par for the course
shackle
2/25/07 3:55:08PM
Pride is saying there was NOTHING wrong with gomi.

Not official though.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1096

Posted by uhlsc

don't get it twisted guys i take nothing away from diaz he fought a hell of a fight last night but you cant tell me that was the normal gomi gassing bad 4 minutes in doesnt seem par for the course

JoeMimic
2/25/07 4:01:27PM
I think that the story on Gomi breaking a finger was true. He came out and tried to over compensate and throw harder and basically was overthrowing trying to end the fight but instead he just gassed himself out.
Unkoman
2/25/07 4:47:40PM
To quote Apollo Creed
Gomi did not have "Eye of the Tiger"
He came in unprepared and thought he could eazily blast through Diaz. I'm glad he got beat. Now to make it back on my stalker mailing list he has to fight like a fighter again.

Lack of motivation is not a sickness
Uchiha
2/25/07 4:56:08PM
this loss should be a wakeup call for Gomi, hopefully making him train a lil harder and never underestimate anyone like cro-cop and randleman
tberg420
2/25/07 5:27:08PM
There are always excuses for why someone loses. Gomi is very protected in Japan and is damn lucky that his title wasn't on the line. He's now 0-2 fighting over here in America. Maybe it's that steriods testing that gets him?
jocksmall
2/25/07 6:22:22PM
dont know if he was sick but he definatly looked gased but give nick credit he faught a smart fight for a change
aceprone
2/25/07 6:23:50PM

Posted by ordean

The something that was wrong with Gomi is called NICK DIAZ

haha, nice.....
hippysmacker
2/25/07 6:24:07PM

Posted by tberg420

There are always excuses for why someone loses. Gomi is very protected in Japan and is damn lucky that his title wasn't on the line. He's now 0-2 fighting over here in America. Maybe it's that steriods testing that gets him?

Dude. come on Gomi has never looked like a steroid guy. He just got beat. Whatever the reason, sick, injured, no home feild advantage, undertrain, overtrain, punced himself out,reach disadvantage,different rules, underestimation doesn't matter in the end. Diaz won. I picked Gomi I was wrong. I personally can't stand Diaz's personality, but I have to respect the way he fights. Diaz deserved the victory. This why non-title matches should be outlawed IMO, Diaz should be carrying the strap right now. This wasn't a fluke punch Randleman/Cro-cop thing, this was a beating. I look forward to the rematch in Japan, maybe it will be different there. All I know is right now Diaz should be champ.
jaba
2/25/07 7:02:53PM
I dont see diaz pullin that off again, gomi probably took em for a chump and lost for it. I gotta giv mad props for diaz though that sub was impressive.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/25/07 7:46:21PM

Posted by Uchiha

^ one thing i have to say is that. he didn't hurt diaz with that punch? I'm sure any punch that drops someone hurts. Gomi thought he koed him, you can see this when he raises his hands in victory. After that, he looked over cuz the bell wasn't ringing.

Also i think Gomi's cardio was not as worked as hard as it should've been. The sign of raising his hands showed that, perhaps he was already exhausted and was hoping to win right there and not go any further. Instead he should've went in for the kill sooner as Diaz was falling down which could've have made all the difference in the fight. I'm not trying to take anything away from Diaz tho, i'm just saying that Gomi should've won if his heart was 100% in the game and not getting ahead of himself.

In the end, hopefully this will wake Gomi up, telling him that his strikes are not always as effective against taller guys with longer reach. At the same time, showing him that he has to be ready to defend his belt, anytime, anywhere and that anyone can take his title away if he doesn't thrive for it.

Note-Gomi did show alot of heart out there with Diaz

if you watch the fight again......Diaz was NOT hurt by gomi's knockdown punch...sure he caught him while throwing a punch and off balance,but it did not faze him one bit!....when he got caught he simply layed on his back to go into guard but he was not rocked at all......rewatch it dude..
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/26/07 12:34:33AM
The sub wasnt that impressive i mean Gomi had no energy he was gassed he could have been put in any submission by anyone.
loller90278
2/26/07 12:48:15AM
gomi wins next fight i guarantee it!

will wager all my money for someones $1.00

hippysmacker
2/26/07 12:57:34AM

Posted by loller90278

gomi wins next fight i guarantee it!

will wager all my money for someones $1.00

If you have any money left after making grandiose claims like that , I will take that action!
loller90278
2/26/07 1:03:23AM
noo problem just bet me when we can bet on the fight and i'll gladly accept..

if you people think tha was the gomi at 100% then you're crazy.. its obvious something was wrong.. he gassed in 2 minutes... and was still able to knock diaz down

i'm still verry bitter about this fight and its a sensitive subject.
next person that says to me ufc is better than pride cuz of gomi/diaz in real life will have a fist sandwich fed to them!
Dadaman
2/26/07 3:39:06AM
Gomi wasn't sick guys. He did gas, but it was because he punched himself out.

Any fighter can punch himself out regardless of conditioning (especially in MMA).

Gomi has never had ANYONE stand in trade with him for as long as Diaz did. Gomi who usually picks his shots was forced into a corner by a guy with longer reach who kept pushing the pace.

I've said this before. The Gomi that fought Diaz was the same Gomi who beat Ishida, Kawajiri, Sakurai. The Gomi that fought Diaz was the same Gomi who lost to Aurelio.

Gomi has always had the same gas tank, it's just that he's never had to fight this aggressively in recent memory (BJ Penn fight was too long ago to really count, Gomi has improved tenfold since then).
loller90278
2/26/07 3:58:21AM

Posted by Dadaman

Gomi wasn't sick guys. He did gas, but it was because he punched himself out.

Any fighter can punch himself out regardless of conditioning (especially in MMA).

Gomi has never had ANYONE stand in trade with him for as long as Diaz did. Gomi who usually picks his shots was forced into a corner by a guy with longer reach who kept pushing the pace.

I've said this before. The Gomi that fought Diaz was the same Gomi who beat Ishida, Kawajiri, Sakurai. The Gomi that fought Diaz was the same Gomi who lost to Aurelio.

Gomi has always had the same gas tank, it's just that he's never had to fight this aggressively in recent memory (BJ Penn fight was too long ago to really count, Gomi has improved tenfold since then).

i disagree. look at the azerado fight. .gomi took more punishment and didnt seem to gas in the least bit
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 4:59:13AM

Posted by loller90278

if you people think tha was the gomi at 100% then you're crazy.. its obvious something was wrong.. he gassed in 2 minutes... and was still able to knock diaz down

next person that says to me ufc is better than pride cuz of gomi/diaz in real life will have a fist sandwich fed to them!

dude..watch the fight again.....gomi did not gas,he was hurt but diaz didnt have the power to finish him off.When gomi came back in the second round he was good again,if he was gassed he wouldnt of recover'd that fast

Diaz is just a bad match-up for Gomi...
hippysmacker
2/26/07 5:45:55AM
I think Gomi was sick..........of being punched in the face Sorry , just came to me and I couldn't resist
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 5:58:09AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I think Gomi was sick..........of being punched in the face Sorry , just came to me and I couldn't resist

loller90278
2/26/07 12:13:49PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by loller90278

dude..watch the fight again.....gomi did not gas,he was hurt but diaz didnt have the power to finish him off.When gomi came back in the second round he was good again,if he was gassed he wouldnt of recover'd that fast

how was he hurt by diaz? ive watched the fight 4 times now and for the first 2 and a half minutes gomi dominated him in the stand up and in the ground, as soon as they got up, gomi looked like someone poured a 2liter of smirnoff down his throat.. i dont think diaz's little pepper shots affected gomi, it's not like he's never been hit..
Macho_Matt
2/26/07 2:11:19PM
Gomi did not look right. I guess he just gassed, although he behaves awfully odd when he gasses. I have never seen a fighter act that oddly. Oh well.

I think he does not get himself prepared for non-title fights. I don't know if it is lack of mental preparation, or lack of physical preparation, but clearly Gomi has no motivation when his title is not on the line.

This is definitely going to be a black mark on his career. He needs to become a true fighter and have some Pride (no pun intended). He needs to fight every fight like it is his last and not let guys roll over him in non title fights.

I do believe he will beat Diaz in a rematch because he will want revenge and he will have motivation to train. I think he is still very immature and only puts aside all the fun he likes to have as a famous young man in Japan, when the title is on the line!!!
tberg420
2/26/07 3:27:19PM
It's still dumb that the title wasn't on the line because now his credibility as the Champ is now gone. I sense a screw job decision in their next meeting which will go the way of Gomi. It's about the same situation that happened when Aurelio choked him out. It's also apparent that Gomi was a weakness for being choked out. I really really hope that Diaz beats him again but the rematch with happen in Japan and Gomi will win by some bullshit Split Decision.
hathcock32
2/26/07 3:31:53PM
Diaz looked Sick wit it.....WOW....he dominated Gomi besides the one punch that almost put him to sleep. Very imressed with Diaz(although he looked like a twig at 160). Not impressed at all with Gomi hes callin out GSP...haha he'd get killed
jmoooooo
2/26/07 3:59:00PM
thank you diaz for proving me right....record is now 80%
jaba
2/26/07 4:02:46PM
how did diaz dominate gomi, true he was too gassed to do anything but those punches didnt hurt as he was clearly mocking diaz throughout that whole second round. Only that one uppercut diaz threw phased gomi but he was still standing. Plus gomi dropped his ass in the first and just comparing diaz mangled face to gomi's in know way was he dominated. Diaz win was legit but i think next time he wont be so lucky.
eaze
2/26/07 4:07:09PM
Preparation is a part of the game, hell it's a huge part of the game. Using lack of preparation as 'defense' when your idol loses is just retarded. He lost, and he lost fair and square. Why he lost doesn't matter, in mma you either win or you lose; end of story.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 5:22:47PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by loller90278

how was he hurt by diaz? ive watched the fight 4 times now and for the first 2 and a half minutes gomi dominated him in the stand up and in the ground, as soon as they got up, gomi looked like someone poured a 2liter of smirnoff down his throat.. i dont think diaz's little pepper shots affected gomi, it's not like he's never been hit..

he was hurt man 30 of those "pepper shots" will scramble your brain!!Nick diaz has heavy hands he dont need to throw with alot of force to hurt you(ask robbie lawler)
Gomi could of gone without training for the whole 3 months and he still would have no reason to gas in 2 mins.
Nick simply took his will away,cuz he hit him with everything he had and Nick didnt even flinch and kept on coming
keith-hackney1
2/26/07 5:32:22PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Something was wrong with Gomi tonight he didnt have any energy he didnt look right even when he came out he looked drained and sick.

Gomi weren't sick, he was scared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3