Gomi vs Guida?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gomi vs Guida?
BeeR
10/7/10 8:47:15PM
who else would like to see this fight?
I think it would be a crazy match up
Both will stand or go to the ground comfortably but I dont see one stopping the other, I think it would be a 3 round war with some feisty stand up and exciting GNP, I dont think either of them would try to point out the other with their wrestling, what do you think?
seanfu
10/7/10 10:26:45PM
No way. It's either lnp with a lot of movement or lnp with a lot of movement and Gomi clipping Guida. imo nothing is learned or gained from this matchup. Also Tyson was a bigger fight and win for him.

Guida's fights are so unpredictable.
Pookie
10/7/10 11:25:33PM
Isnt this fight actually happening?
fonduktoe
10/8/10 12:47:23AM

Posted by Pookie

Isnt this fight actually happening?

just a rumor as far as i know i would rather see gomi vs guillard
LanceFreimuth
10/8/10 7:40:02PM
Gomi has a 1/2 gallon gas tank, Clay Guida's got a 200,000 gallon oil tanker mainlined into his gas tank.

I think everyone knows how this fight goes. If Gomi doesn't get the KO in the first 4.5 minutes, Clay would toss him around for the rest of the fight.
kaduey
10/9/10 10:38:39AM

Posted by LanceFreimuth

Gomi has a 1/2 gallon gas tank, Clay Guida's got a 200,000 gallon oil tanker mainlined into his gas tank.

I think everyone knows how this fight goes. If Gomi doesn't get the KO in the first 4.5 minutes, Clay would toss him around for the rest of the fight.

I think you meant to say that he'll hold on to Gomi for dear life for 4.5 minutes.
Gomi's bigge4st weakness is his submission defence and Guida doesn't have a very dynamic ground game. I would rather see guys willing to mix it up with Gomi like Jeremy Stephens or Sam Stout.
prozacnation1978
10/9/10 1:20:33PM
I think this fight is gonna happen
Ufc 124 is dying for a co main event
This may be it. Or ufc 125. I am guessing one fo those cards will
Have this fight
Nitin
10/12/10 3:09:20PM
I want Gomi to win, but i'm afraid Guida has this by just plain outworking him.
prozacnation1978
10/13/10 4:40:36PM
If guida tries to trade with him he will get knocked out
But if he makes this a greg jackson match and dry humps the hell out
Of him for 3 rounds he will win

Rather see a guida humping then a maynard 5 round humpfest