Gomi to face Ludwig - March 5th - Sengoku

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gomi to face Ludwig - March 5th - Sengoku
Kpro
2/13/08 3:34:14AM
LINK

Sengoku I
Date: March 5th, 2008
Place: National Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo, Japan

Fights:
Hidehiko Yoshida vs. Josh Barnett
Kazuo Misaki vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
Makoto Takimoto vs. Evangelista Cyborg
Takanori Gomi vs. Duane Ludwig
Ryo Kawamura vs. Antonio Braga Neto
Fabricio Monteiro vs. Nick Thompson
Kazuyuki Fujita vs. TBA

I would have to assume this means Ludwig will not fight on the 2/23 Strikeforce card as has been planned for the past few weeks but who knows.

EDITED: Sherdog put the news up so I switched to the Sherdog link instead of the previous one.
Pookie
2/13/08 5:00:38AM
Gomi disappoints me man... Ludwig? Really? But... why?
BlazinSaddle
2/13/08 5:19:31AM
hopeful thinking is that ludwig knocks him out hes got the power
stock
2/13/08 10:30:07AM
This just confiirms why Gomi didn't have interest in the UFC.

If you can just keep fighting cans and keeping your #1 ranking with sites like MMA Weekly and Sherdog, why would you risk that elsewhere?

War Diaz!!

disorderlyvision
2/13/08 10:56:42AM

Posted by stock

This just confiirms why Gomi didn't have interest in the UFC.

If you can just keep fighting cans and keeping your #1 ranking with sites like MMA Weekly and Sherdog, why would you risk that elsewhere?

War Diaz!!

ludwig isn't a can

he has beaten jens pulver, crazyhorse, genki sudo, goulet, and fryklund, and most of his losses are to decent fighters, bj penn, tyson griffin, josh thompson, and paul daley. he may be a bit inconsistent, but certainly not a can
fedorwins1
2/13/08 12:39:25PM
Uhh I'm not so sure this is an easy fight for Gomi, Ludwig has great striking. I actually think Ludwig is going to outstrike Gomi, but then Gomi will take it to the ground and sub him or GNP.
Mayhem13
2/13/08 12:48:18PM
Luddwig has some good kicks, and Muay Thai/Kickboxing, and could pose some problems for Gomi....but I think Gomi hits harder, and also has a better chin...

it could be a slugfest...and probably will be...

Gomi by rnd 2 TKO
silverbullet
2/13/08 5:25:41PM
At this point i'd rank Gomi right next to Karo Parysian
whardin19
2/13/08 5:27:38PM
Don't really know much about Ludwig anyone have any links to any of his fights?
jae_1833
2/14/08 12:05:35AM
This is one hell of a fight card, hopefully it makes it to the leagues!!
jomatty
2/14/08 7:39:42AM
ludwig is far from a can. this fight should be a war and i wouldnt count ludwig out for a second. his striking is top notch...and to the guy looking for some of his fights just do a search in the videos section and im pretty sure you will find at least a few of them.
Great-Ajax
2/14/08 12:29:04PM
anyone know i'f we'll be able to watch this in the states??
jae_1833
2/18/08 2:03:57PM
Doubt it man, if you have sat tv and will ppv, then maybe, or if you have a premium fight channel....but for reg joes....doubt it seriously.