Gomi vs Diaz pt2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gomi vs Diaz pt2
« Previous Page
Northrend
2/27/07 1:27:50PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by Buddharox

I'd pick Gomi in a rematch. He looked like shit on Saturday and still managed to smash Diaz's face up. Doctor stoppage might have happened if it went longer because of the fractured orbital bone.

Gomi's got some crazy power. Can't wait for the rematch.

HAHA...already looking forward to a rematch ...typical gomi fan.....a dr stoppage r u kidding me?? Gomi got DOMINATED on his feet by not a very great striker......deal with it quit makin excuses for the guy

Actully Diaz is an excellent stand up fighter
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/27/07 1:45:25PM

Posted by Northrend

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by Buddharox

I'd pick Gomi in a rematch. He looked like shit on Saturday and still managed to smash Diaz's face up. Doctor stoppage might have happened if it went longer because of the fractured orbital bone.

Gomi's got some crazy power. Can't wait for the rematch.

HAHA...already looking forward to a rematch ...typical gomi fan.....a dr stoppage r u kidding me?? Gomi got DOMINATED on his feet by not a very great striker......deal with it quit makin excuses for the guy

Actully Diaz is an excellent stand up fighter

Ya I think Diaz has great standup and he used his reach well in that GOmi fight
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/27/07 1:50:51PM

Posted by FutureLWchamp

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Posted by loller90278

wow gomi loses and his whole world gets flipped upside down.. are people really forgettin what gomi has done and who he has beat? people are saying his win over sakurai was a FLUKE? is everyone gone insane? how would he stand for 15 minutes in a ring? has anybody seen the aurelio II fight (it went to decision)

this is absurd and i won't have any more of this.

I agree everyone is acting like Gomi is a nobody like he hasnt done anything.saying that he cant stand?? are you kidding people he has 12 wins by decision.

Gomi havin 12 wins by decision is not a very good stat to bring up in this situation IMO. if he is as good as u seem to think he should've stopped a few of those don't u think?

In his PRIDE career only 3 fights have gone to decision.His ten other victories in PRIDE were by TKO KO and submission.
Kudos
2/27/07 2:54:11PM

Posted by hathcock32

That's pretty ignorant man. Did you even watch the fight? Diaz didn't dominate Gomi standing. Diaz spend of the first round getting pummel on the ground by Gomi. Diaz didn't even dropped Gomi with any punch. Gomi was just exhausted with Diaz long arm keeping the distant. Go watch the video again dude.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/27/07 3:03:39PM
Im probably the biggest Gomi fan I'll admit it but you think that Diaz would have been able to knock Gomi out but he didnt Gomi's hands wer down for so long and Diaz couldnt take em out
Trapt1nw0nder
2/27/07 3:09:02PM

Posted by Kudos

Posted by hathcock32

That's pretty ignorant man. Did you even watch the fight? Diaz didn't dominate Gomi standing. Diaz spend of the first round getting pummel on the ground by Gomi. Diaz didn't even dropped Gomi with any punch. Gomi was just exhausted with Diaz long arm keeping the distant. Go watch the video again dude.

I agree with the Ignorant part......i predicted Diaz to win the fight,and i think Diaz will win the rematch too if it happens,but yea...i HATE people who troll around like that!!!
jocksmall
2/27/07 6:09:33PM
i agree that gomi will win a rematch
he wont get tired
thatfedorsohotrightnow
2/28/07 3:10:39AM
The rematch will go to Gomi unless Diaz swollows his pride and puts gomi on his back. Gomi's power +full gas will ktfo of nick. I did pick Diaz.
Gomiera
2/28/07 9:24:14AM
Correction, I'm the biggest Gomi fan

Too Nick believers, When/If they rematch, come look for me for betting wagers... if I still have money left then
Khon_Nan
2/28/07 7:51:09PM

Posted by Gomiera

Too Nick believers, When/If they rematch, come look for me for betting wagers... if I still have money left then

yeahh ill be accepting wagers from diaz fans aswell :P
Trapt1nw0nder
2/28/07 8:02:42PM

Posted by Khon_Nan

Posted by Gomiera

yeahh ill be accepting wagers from diaz fans aswell :P

i'll wager with ya(as long as you dont back out when it happens...).just tell me how much...the only chance Gomi has is winning by a cut

Tripwire
2/28/07 8:05:58PM
Depends on where they fight.

If they fight in the US Diaz again.

If they fight in Japan, Gomi all the way.

If Gomi would have knocked Diaz down like he did in the US, he would have went to the ground and knee'd him in the head or stomped him till he gave in. Couldn't do that in the US.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/1/07 5:52:13AM

Posted by Tripwire

Depends on where they fight.

If they fight in the US Diaz again.

If they fight in Japan, Gomi all the way.

If Gomi would have knocked Diaz down like he did in the US, he would have went to the ground and knee'd him in the head or stomped him till he gave in. Couldn't do that in the US.

lol...if it were in Japan Diaz would of knocked Gomi out 6 mins into the 1st round(10 min round)

what make you think Gomi would of got Diaz with knees? Diaz was in guard when he got knocked down and wasnt even rocked is he gonna knee the bottom of his feet? if there is anything Nick is great at is at defending himself on the ground
ac_gi
3/1/07 8:12:44AM

Posted by Tripwire

When is the last time a fight was stopped because of stomps to a downed opponent? It rarely happens.
theBLADE
3/3/07 4:37:35PM
gomi beats diaz 9 times out of 10 with good condishining
Pages: 1 [2]