Gomi vs Diaz pt2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gomi vs Diaz pt2
Next Page »
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/26/07 2:58:15PM
Hate to say I told ya so but being right about the Gomi fight was both elation and dissapointment. (me being a big gomi fan) If/when these two meet again Gomi will beat Diaz by decision. Im thinking it will be like Arielio/Gomi pt2.

I think these 2 will meet in the LWGP which btw looks like an awsome card.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/26/07 3:46:10PM
When they fight again in April as Mr.Sakakibara said Gomi is going to KO Diaz I believe he will.Gomi went in unprepared and was too stressed out before the fight.In Japan we will see a different Gomi then we saw saturday well of course we will because that wasnt Gomi.Call me a nutthugger whatever I dont care haha Gomi is still number 1!
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/26/07 4:11:28PM
Im not taking anything away from Nick Diaz. I bet on him and I had a good feeling about Diaz coming into the fight. From the Gomi interviews and his training camp rumors, Gomi wasnt taking Diaz seriously which was really stupid cause Diaz is a warrior.

But I see the second fight staying a lot on the feet with Gomi getting the better of the exchanges. My prediction Gomi by split decision
Stickan
2/26/07 4:12:29PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

When they fight again in April as Mr.Sakakibara said Gomi is going to KO Diaz I believe he will.Gomi went in unprepared and was too stressed out before the fight.In Japan we will see a different Gomi then we saw saturday well of course we will because that wasnt Gomi.Call me a nutthugger whatever I dont care haha Gomi is still number 1!

Nuthugger!

I think Diaz will take the rematch and that it'll be quite similar to their first fight except I see Gomi being in somewhat better shape. Diaz will pick him apart on the feet and score a submission.

Gomi isn't the only one who can learn a lesson. I bet Diaz is working on not getting nailed by looping right hands before he steps in the ring with Gomi again.
SteedTheDeed
2/26/07 4:24:54PM
a rematch i see gomi winning. Gomi can knock him out and was damn close, diaz' face was beat to hell. I see diaz coming in overconfident, like gomi did and getting knocked out.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/26/07 4:25:43PM

Posted by Stickan

Nuthugger!

I think Diaz will take the rematch and that it'll be quite similar to their first fight except I see Gomi being in somewhat better shape. Diaz will pick him apart on the feet and score a submission.

Gomi isn't the only one who can learn a lesson. I bet Diaz is working on not getting nailed by looping right hands before he steps in the ring with Gomi again.

Haha I wanna see Sakurai kick Diaz's legs out!
JimiMak
2/26/07 4:34:00PM
They're both warriors and I don't know if the rematch would be any different or not, we'll see in April.... but, nuthugger, gomi still #1? after 2 losses in the last year to unranked fighters (one to an unranked fighter and one to a fighter who had been ranked in a dif org and weight, but not ranked against gomi's belt)? how can you justify that? Gomi is great but he isn't gonna keep a stranglehold on that title the way hughes, liddell, wandy have all been able to do.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/26/07 4:39:31PM

Posted by JimiMak

They're both warriors and I don't know if the rematch would be any different or not, we'll see in April.... but, nuthugger, gomi still #1? after 2 losses in the last year to unranked fighters (one to an unranked fighter and one to a fighter who had been ranked in a dif org and weight, but not ranked against gomi's belt)? how can you justify that? Gomi is great but he isn't gonna keep a stranglehold on that title the way hughes, liddell, wandy have all been able to do.

I agree. There is so much talent in the LW div especially in PRIDE that I could see Gomi unseated for a while. I still pick Gomi in top 3 LW's in the world, but I think Diaz will be a force to reckon with many years to come
Northrend
2/26/07 5:14:16PM
I see Gomi winning by KO. Next fight he will come out in better shape, hands up higher and not underestimate Diaz.
Stickan
2/26/07 5:18:55PM

Posted by Stickan

Nuthugger!

Haha I wanna see Sakurai kick Diaz's legs out!

Yeah I think Mach could and would win that fight too but Gomi isn't Sakurai . Sakurai would probably beat Gomi too in a rematch.
fedorwins1
2/26/07 5:20:51PM
Dang alot of people are taking Gomi in a rematch!? Gomi just swung wild haymakers during the 1st round and Diaz had much more crisp and technical striking than Gomi. Gomi's strength is striking and if Diaz beat Gomi in striking and Diaz's strength is grappling than I don't see a way Gomi can beat Diaz. Diaz beat Gomi like he was a B level fighter and I'll take Diaz by dec. next time around.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 5:35:42PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Dang alot of people are taking Gomi in a rematch!? Gomi just swung wild haymakers during the 1st round and Diaz had much more crisp and technical striking than Gomi. Gomi's strength is striking and if Diaz beat Gomi in striking and Diaz's strength is grappling than I don't see a way Gomi can beat Diaz. Diaz beat Gomi like he was a B level fighter and I'll take Diaz by dec. next time around.

Exactly.I predicted it before and i will predict it again Diaz will beat Gomi in the rematch....you know what Gomi's gameplan is for every fight?....Land that bomb and KO your opponent,well Gomi landed that bomb several times and Diaz kept on coming...
keith-hackney1
2/26/07 5:35:48PM

I'll wager any of you boys that diaz tko'/submits that scared so called champ that pride so call champion of the world Gomi !!!!!!
I'll put all my fantasy dough on diaz
loller90278
2/26/07 5:38:34PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I'll wager any of you boys that diaz tko'/submits that scared so called champ that pride so call champion of the world Gomi !!!!!!

i'll take your bet mr. hackney!

gomi via TKO next time in first round.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 5:38:42PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I predict Diaz will win too man,but.....
bayonetxwork
2/26/07 5:44:56PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Hate to say I told ya so but being right about the Gomi fight was both elation and dissapointment. (me being a big gomi fan) If/when these two meet again Gomi will beat Diaz by decision. Im thinking it will be like Arielio/Gomi pt2.

I think these 2 will meet in the LWGP which btw looks like an awsome card.

I like gomi too, but IMO how in the hell do you think Gomi could even stand for 15 minutes, let alone pull off a decision?
loller90278
2/26/07 5:47:08PM
wow gomi loses and his whole world gets flipped upside down.. are people really forgettin what gomi has done and who he has beat? people are saying his win over sakurai was a FLUKE? is everyone gone insane? how would he stand for 15 minutes in a ring? has anybody seen the aurelio II fight (it went to decision)

this is absurd and i won't have any more of this.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/26/07 6:12:47PM

Posted by loller90278

wow gomi loses and his whole world gets flipped upside down.. are people really forgettin what gomi has done and who he has beat? people are saying his win over sakurai was a FLUKE? is everyone gone insane? how would he stand for 15 minutes in a ring? has anybody seen the aurelio II fight (it went to decision)

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/26/07 6:22:30PM

Posted by loller90278

I agree everyone is acting like Gomi is a nobody like he hasnt done anything.saying that he cant stand?? are you kidding people he has 12 wins by decision.
loller90278
2/26/07 6:44:33PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by loller90278

i lol'd
good one mate!
Buddharox
2/27/07 4:05:58AM
I'd pick Gomi in a rematch. He looked like shit on Saturday and still managed to smash Diaz's face up. Doctor stoppage might have happened if it went longer because of the fractured orbital bone.

Gomi's got some crazy power. Can't wait for the rematch.
hathcock32
2/27/07 4:22:39AM

Posted by Buddharox

I'd pick Gomi in a rematch. He looked like shit on Saturday and still managed to smash Diaz's face up. Doctor stoppage might have happened if it went longer because of the fractured orbital bone.

HAHA...already looking forward to a rematch ...typical gomi fan.....a dr stoppage r u kidding me?? Gomi got DOMINATED on his feet by not a very great striker......deal with it quit makin excuses for the guy
Buddharox
2/27/07 6:20:43AM
Who said I was making excuses? Diaz kicked his ass fair and square. In a rematch I don't see it going that way at all.

And an excuse would be Sakakibara saying Gomi didn't perform well because he was stressed.
Stickan
2/27/07 9:58:31AM
It was about as close to being stopped when Gomi looked like a drunk trying to catch a fly, swinging wild hooks in the air.
Dramacydal
2/27/07 11:22:25AM
I was surprised so many people thought Gomi was going to win. Did you all miss him getting owned by Aurelio?

Plus he had a broken finger. Not the biggest of injuries but probably hampered his training.

It was a no-brainer for me to pick Diaz. I thought the first round would be a stand-up war and Diaz would weather it as he has shown a decent chin against guys like Lawler and Riggs. Not to mention he technically he is a very good striker himself. It was a toss up for me whether to go for a judges decision or a sub, but went for the sub luckily.

In a rematch I would take Diaz by decision.
aceprone
2/27/07 11:32:28AM
All I know is that when Gomi and Diaz meet again it better be for the title and not for a GP. If it's in a GP then they're robbing Diaz from a title that he may well deserve because he is capable of pulling off an upset twice. I just hate it when Pride robs fighters of this oppritunity. What's the point of Gomi being a champion if he's not going to defend it? If the fight is a title defense I hope Gomi pulls it off, if it's not a title defense, I hope Diaz picks Gomi apart again.

And I know I'm not putting money down on the next time they meet.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/27/07 12:59:11PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by Buddharox

HAHA...already looking forward to a rematch ...typical gomi fan.....a dr stoppage r u kidding me?? Gomi got DOMINATED on his feet by not a very great striker......deal with it quit makin excuses for the guy

Did you read what Buddharox even wrote? I guess broken face bones arent enough of a reason to stop a match....lol

And where in that phrase is there an excuse for Gomi?

Confused.
FutureLWchamp
2/27/07 1:06:42PM
i got Diaz winnin a rematch
FutureLWchamp
2/27/07 1:08:00PM

Posted by loller90278

I agree everyone is acting like Gomi is a nobody like he hasnt done anything.saying that he cant stand?? are you kidding people he has 12 wins by decision.

Gomi havin 12 wins by decision is not a very good stat to bring up in this situation IMO. if he is as good as u seem to think he should've stopped a few of those don't u think?
pv3Hpv3p
2/27/07 1:22:06PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by Buddharox

Did you read what Buddharox even wrote? I guess broken face bones arent enough of a reason to stop a match....lol

And where in that phrase is there an excuse for Gomi?

Confused.

i didn't want to get into the middle of you guys's arguement, but I have to say, that I guess a broken face bone is not enough to stop a match, and I'm glad it turned out that way...

Nothing worse than a fighter winning a fight and having it called because of a cut / injury... That and I thought the 'plata to finish of the fight was fantastic...

With that being said, throughout the fight, Diaz broke Gomi down... Systematically, methodically, however you want to say it...

When Gomi hit him with that big right in the first and saw that it didn't finish Nick you could feel his dissappointment (props to Nick for taking that shot), and then Diaz just peppered away with all those combos, Gomi looked overwhelmed, exhausted, and completely beaten.
Pages: [1] 2