Gomi vs. Diaz ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gomi vs. Diaz ??
« Previous Page
SICKRICK
2/12/07 9:05:00AM
gomi will win the fight but diaz is a hell fighter.. One of the best in the game all around... its a shame because i think he could beat diego if they fought again...
JunCTion
2/13/07 2:57:46AM
gomi will win but not by ko. unanimous decision
hathcock32
2/13/07 3:36:14AM
DIAZ 1rd KO
hippysmacker
2/13/07 10:10:00AM
Diaz is already talking smack.
From Gracie fighter.com
Diaz on Gomi

We spoke to Nick Diaz on his upcoming encounter with current lightweight Pride Champion, Takanori Gomi. The 23 year old did not refrain from expressing his thoughts.

"I don't think he has anything to offer that I haven't seen before. I think I've fought tougher guys than him. The guys I've fought hit harder, were better wrestlers and better grapplers. What does he think he'll be able to do to me? I'm not intimidated at all and if he thinks he can knock me out that's fine. I think he'll be the one getting an ass beating so I hope he's ready." - Diaz
JoeMimic
2/13/07 12:27:48PM
Nick is always talking smack; I'll probably have the volume up loud on that fight to see if I can pick him up calling Gomi a bitch or anything like that. I really think is going to be the fight of the night.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Trapt1nw0nder
2/13/07 12:41:25PM

Posted by JoeMimic

Nick is always talking smack; I'll probably have the volume up loud on that fight to see if I can pick him up calling Gomi a bitch or anything like that. I really think is going to be the fight of the night.

I second that...Fight of the night!

i am PUMPED!!!!

hippysmacker
2/14/07 8:41:39PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by JoeMimic

i am PUMPED!!!!

completely
loller90278
2/14/07 9:34:51PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by JoeMimic

i am PUMPED!!!!

completely

i say fight of the night is wandy vs hendo

first fight was a nail biter
Dadaman
2/14/07 11:26:28PM
As cliche as saying it has become on MMA forums it's true. This has potential for fight of the year written all over it.

Gomi is a technical fighter with good hand speed and sharp movements. His footwork is a bit unpolished but then again he's no boxer. He is good at creating range from his opponents and then closing it when he comes in. Like Mike Swick he rarely throws lazy jabs or one punch benders. He throws mean combos with bad intentions.

His ability to get on the inside is going to be crucial in this fight. I honestly don't believe that either of these guys can finish each other off. My prediction: Gomi gets caught in the second round after gaining confidence in the first after a somewhat lackluster Diaz performance. After this Diaz builds momentum and in the third both fighters emerge almost unscathed. Gomi by UD. The world will give Diaz mad props for never having been "finished" in a fight.
Lay_N_Pray
2/14/07 11:38:29PM
Diaz can yet again talk all the smack he would like. The only thing he is going to hear when he gets in the ring is Gomi's fist crushing his face and then his body hitting the canvas. If Diaz would spend as much time focusing on the fight as he does talking about it he would be great.

Everyone knows Diaz has a world of potential, but when it comes time to fight he has never seemed focused. He needs to take a more business like approach such as Gomi if he ever wants to tap into his potential

Gomi by KO
hippysmacker
2/14/07 11:54:01PM

Posted by Dadaman

As cliche as saying it has become on MMA forums it's true. This has potential for fight of the year written all over it.

Gomi is a technical fighter with good hand speed and sharp movements. His footwork is a bit unpolished but then again he's no boxer. He is good at creating range from his opponents and then closing it when he comes in. Like Mike Swick he rarely throws lazy jabs or one punch benders. He throws mean combos with bad intentions.

His ability to get on the inside is going to be crucial in this fight. I honestly don't believe that either of these guys can finish each other off. My prediction: Gomi gets caught in the second round after gaining confidence in the first after a somewhat lackluster Diaz performance. After this Diaz builds momentum and in the third both fighters emerge almost unscathed. Gomi by UD. The world will give Diaz mad props for never having been "finished" in a fight.

Actually it was early in his career, but Diaz got KOed by Jeremy Jackson , I think itwas in the first round too. So he's been finished, but I agree with Gomi by decision.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/15/07 1:00:26AM
Nick diaz has only had problems with guys who take him down at will and win a decision...

Sherk...Riggs...Parisyan..Sanchez...which are all beasts

if Gomi wins i predict it will be a controversy...
hippysmacker
2/15/07 2:16:44PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Nick diaz has only had problems with guys who take him down at will and win a decision...

Definately possible . Pride's judging concerning japanese fighter's has always been suspect IMO. I'm not sure who the judges the NSAC will appoint, but it would seem it would be less likely if they are the same judges other orgs. use here. Unless they are all Cecil Peoples and clones, Diaz has a better chance in Vegas than Japan to me.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/17/07 3:25:58PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Diaz is already talking smack.
From Gracie fighter.com
Diaz on Gomi

We spoke to Nick Diaz on his upcoming encounter with current lightweight Pride Champion, Takanori Gomi. The 23 year old did not refrain from expressing his thoughts.

"I don't think he has anything to offer that I haven't seen before. I think I've fought tougher guys than him. The guys I've fought hit harder, were better wrestlers and better grapplers. What does he think he'll be able to do to me? I'm not intimidated at all and if he thinks he can knock me out that's fine. I think he'll be the one getting an ass beating so I hope he's ready." - Diaz

That right there is why I hate Nick Diaz.No respect for anyone.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/17/07 3:26:54PM

Posted by hathcock32

DIAZ 1rd KO

I seriously hope you are joking
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/17/07 3:28:50PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

agreed
Trapt1nw0nder
2/24/07 11:43:53PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i was gonna make this thread,but why not just revive an old one?

this is how i see the fight in my head...i see Diaz beating gomi to the punch the whole first round and annoying Gomi with those little combo's he throws and forcing Gomi to take him down and i think Diaz will submit gomi or win a decision

Diaz has fought the tougher opponents and that only makes him stronger

i wonder if Diaz can intimidat gomi with trashtalk and staring him down...

EXACTLY HOW I PREDICTED!!!

whats up now??
Bigsexydaddy
2/24/07 11:54:21PM
^^^

Just for that, I give you props. You pegged that one perfectly!
Trapt1nw0nder
2/25/07 12:02:04AM
THANKS!
shackle
2/25/07 12:39:18AM
Turn out to the the other way around lol :) I knew I should of kept diaz oh well..

WAR DIAZ!

Posted by Moneymakers911

Gomi is technical and Diaz is unothordox. and i cant spell

Trapt1nw0nder
2/25/07 2:33:48AM
lol...you should always go with your gut instinct..
Pages: 1 [2]