gomi in UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » gomi in UFC
Aether
3/1/10 4:45:56AM
I was thinking after I heard about Gomi signing that he is still technically the PRIDE lightweight champion. The Belt is still his, and since the UFC recognized and unified Henderson's belts when he joined the organization, shouldn't they do the same for Gomi? I know he probably doesn't really "deserve" it after his last few fights and I think Florian will probably destroy him but he is still holding a belt.

Strange situation. If they say his belt doesn't mean anything will they also then turn around and recognize Fedor's belt(s) if he eventually joins? I'm guessing they just don't mention the belt at all for Gomi but the belts at all other weightclasses are recognized, lol.
postman
3/1/10 7:55:43AM
More importantly they need to start looping that gomi Diaz fight on Spike to hype him as a fighter that no matter win or lose he puts on good fights. Plus I don't think I ever saw it on TV
Copenhagen
3/1/10 7:26:05PM
Only excuse I can think of for not unifying is that Pride's LW was 161 and down.
This means Pride's LW class was 6 pounds over UFC's, while their other 3 weight classes were either below or even with UFC's.
chickmagnet
3/1/10 9:24:48PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Only excuse I can think of for not unifying is that Pride's LW was 161 and down.
This means Pride's LW class was 6 pounds over UFC's, while their other 3 weight classes were either below or even with UFC's.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

BTW Its all about the Cope Long Cut haha
prozacnation1978
3/1/10 11:45:25PM
i still like gomi
gomi is not even same fighter he was a few years back
i guarentee you if he beats florian he will get title shot next
champion vs champion again