Martin de Jong got a punch to the gut when he checked his email Wednesday morning.
In his inbox was a letter forwarded from Golden Glory manager Bas Boon that stated three of his fighters under the Zuffa umbrella had been cut due to recent losses.
The fighters included former Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Marloes Coenen, UFC heavyweight Jon Olav Einemo and Strikeforce heavyweight Valentijn Overeem.
"This is a big blow for us," de Jong today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I feel it's kind of unfair to the fighters. They train hard. They put on exciting performances."
Are the cuts related to the recent strife between Alistair Overeem and Zuffa?
De Jong can't be sure.
"You tell me," he said. "I have no idea, but it doesn't look good. Of course, for us, it's really bad. I'm very disappointed. What can I say?"LINK