Bill Goldberg Is An Idiot

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bill Goldberg Is An Idiot
Primo
6/12/07 8:48:17PM
I'm watching the countdown for Shamrock-Baroni and Goldberg blows me away like usual. When discussing the Ninja-Villasenor co-main event, he says of Ninja "Chute Boxe is one the most exciting schools in the world. And there's no doubt Ninja is the most well rounded fighter in Chute Boxe" LOL YEEEEA BILL, people don't hate your commentary because you're a pro wrestler it's because you know nothing about mma.
rcg916
6/12/07 9:04:22PM
How is this news?
MisFiT
6/12/07 9:25:55PM
Canadian_MM_EH
6/12/07 9:33:55PM
I support this thread!!!! Even though it's not news, i still like it because i hate Goldberg
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Jamie
6/12/07 9:50:56PM
I'm with you guys, I hate Goldberg, and when he had an orgasm over Lesnar winning I was like wtf?

But what do you expect him to say, "Murilo is a goof fighter, but their are far better ones"

Because that sells fights...
submissionartist1
6/12/07 9:57:37PM
bill goldberg needs to be kicked off that program and it woud be much better done by frank mir or trigg i've seen both commentate i think having someone who has expirence is a good idea how about Matt Lindlind
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
grappler0000
6/12/07 10:27:39PM
This is definitely not news...but I would have to agree. He tries to sound MMA educated, but he often oversteps his bounds.

I thought is was funny how he was so proud that Lesner won, and he was the last one to wrestle him...lol, but it was professional wrestling. I think Goldberg is having a hard time struggling with the fact that in his old profession, he was a god, but by MMA standards, he was merely a chump...and the fact that one of his fellow pro wrestlers put on an impressive performance, somehow that translates over to his ego...he tends to forget that Lesner was a real wrestler before his pro career though. Kinda funny, but still sad...but more importantly annoying.
MisFiT
6/12/07 10:36:18PM
It could just be his opinion, and you know, Ninja's the one fighting in EliteXC not Shogun or Wand. They need to hype him up and talk about him not discredit him whatsoever, its simple. Nothing new.
Primo
6/12/07 11:00:44PM
It's one thing to talk a guy up, but don't talk shit out of your ass either. Just say Ninja is one of the best fighters in Chute Boxe, which is still a stretch. I'm not expecting him to say "Denis Kang destroyed him 10 secs" but come on, the guy wonders why the mma crowd cannot stand him.

As for his Howard Dean-esque yell during the Lesnar fight didn't anybody notice how skeptical he was of Brock. He didn't seem to be real friend, he seemed jealous. "Yeah that was good but we'll see what happens when he fights superior strikers and grapplers" Who's NEXT...GOLDBERG'S NEXT!!
richieb19
6/12/07 11:42:28PM
Try to avoid posting in the news forum unless you read the rules next time please...
Primo
6/13/07 1:52:29AM
My bad.....I guess Goldberg being an idiot isn't news....it's already common knowledge
GrandMaster313
6/14/07 12:17:38PM
Bill Goldberg sucks. He sucked at wrestling and he sucks as a person.

BOO THIS MAN!!!
fedorwins1
6/14/07 12:51:49PM
Alittle harsh don't you think?
szucconi
6/14/07 1:03:51PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

Bill Goldberg sucks. He sucked at wrestling and he sucks as a person.

BOO THIS MAN!!!

you forgot one. He sucked on the history channel.
fatdevil1982
6/14/07 1:30:53PM
his commentary does suck,

no, he shouldnt have said what he did about shogun, one part about being an anouncer is being good with words, he could have easily just said he was an amazing fighter and very exciting to watch

i think he was realy excited about the win because it gives him hope, he once stated he would like to fight in MMA and was training with DON FRYE before any other wrestler (BIG US names) threw there hat in
shackle
6/14/07 2:28:01PM
Whelp I'm not gonna join the bandwagon. I think he is a cool guy. Maybe he said the wrong thing, but he was just trying to hype the fighter up. It seems most MMA fans are so strongly aginst pro wrestlers I don't understand why. ( I haven't watched wrestling in years, but I'm not bias towards them)

I'm sure he is a good friend of brocks too(outside of wrestling), and was excited he won. You guys are too quick to trash people over the smallest things. He's not the best I do know that much. I like rogan more then him as a commentor, but don't be so harsh on the guy. He probably knows alot more then you guys think, but he gets paid to say the right things.

GrandMaster313
6/14/07 4:04:47PM
not true at all. I have respect for pro wrestlers, but only the true talants. For example..... Hogan, Flair, matt and jeff hardy, sabu, i could go on but there is no talant in a half drunk red-neck biker who only became popular because he made a simple NFL tackle his special move
MisFiT
6/14/07 4:07:05PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

not true at all. I have respect for pro wrestlers, but only the true talants. For example..... Hogan, Flair, matt and jeff hardy, sabu, i could go on but there is no talant in a half drunk red-neck biker who only became popular because he made a simple NFL tackle his special move

It's called the Spear and it's the best friggin thing ever! I'm super cereal! Dont disrespek the spear.
warglory
6/14/07 11:34:11PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

Hogan? He knows how to drop elbows, clotheslines and leg drops. In WCW he added chairs and spraypaint to his arsenal. Not sure why you claim he is a better quality wrestler (good entertainer though).
grappler0000
6/15/07 12:52:51PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by GrandMaster313

Hogan? He knows how to drop elbows, clotheslines and leg drops. In WCW he added chairs and spraypaint to his arsenal. Not sure why you claim he is a better quality wrestler (good entertainer though).

Entertainment is the key word there...it is sports entertainment.
grappler0000
6/15/07 1:06:32PM
The problem with Goldberg's comments aren't restricted to just one statement...he often makes bold statements and tried to hold his own during in-depth MMA conversation, but just ends up making himself sound foolish to the seasoned fan. He has experienced partners on the mic for a reason. He should know when to hold back and when to add his 2 cents. The main reason he has that job is to bring in the crossover fans from pro wrestling.

Sure, it sounds like Goldberg knows a little about the history of MMA...but that's exactly what it sounds like...as if he sat down one weekend and watched a bunch of Pride and UFC DVD's. It's like me trying to tell my grandfather about the depression, because I read a history book.

I am actually convinced that Mike Goldberg is indeed a blood relative.
ultimateweapon
7/9/07 9:17:16PM
Goldberg needs to get in the cage with Fedor so goldberg will finally get his ass kicked so bad he will finally shut the hell up.
rcg916
7/9/07 9:29:42PM
Guess Im the only one who thinks Mike Goldberg does a pretty darn good job?