God UFC commercials are sooooo annoying!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » God UFC commercials are sooooo annoying!
40ouncetpkid
10/14/14 11:23:41AM
Same with Bellator too. Anybody else notice every time the UFC and Bellator advertise a card they add in "THIS IS GONNA BE A WAR!" "WHAT A FIGHT!" Or some other random thing Joe Rogan screamed during an actual great fight. But their using it to promote another fight.

It's way to over the top.
Dacolinho
10/14/14 1:44:56PM
Yeah, it's annoying as hell. They have to get more creative than the excited rants of Rogan to put in their ads. But then again, the UFC owns Rogan.
prozacnation1978
10/14/14 3:40:03PM
Yeah watching the ad over 20 times during a fight night is annoying
tildengolfer
10/15/14 12:52:11PM
These advertisements are not meant for the hardcore fans like ourselves, but rather the casual HW Title shot watchers. The ones who sit down for main events on occasion. I have had buddies over to watch fights (who are not big fans, just casual fans who watch about one out of every ten cards) and when they see these commercials, they are clambering for whatever card advertised to be on tomorrow. "Damn dude, you see that! I wish that fight was tomorrow!"

So I guess it works, just not for the small majority of true fans..
GDPofMPG
10/15/14 1:36:04PM
UFC's production value is garbage. Has been for a very long time which is what is most crazy about it. They rarely have good television products from a production standpoint. It's so stale and old. The only good things they do are done by other groups with an actual idea of how to sell like Fox and that goes well beyond just advertising into their cards and original programming.
prozacnation1978
10/15/14 2:51:24PM

Posted by tildengolfer

These advertisements are not meant for the hardcore fans like ourselves, but rather the casual HW Title shot watchers. The ones who sit down for main events on occasion. I have had buddies over to watch fights (who are not big fans, just casual fans who watch about one out of every ten cards) and when they see these commercials, they are clambering for whatever card advertised to be on tomorrow. "Damn dude, you see that! I wish that fight was tomorrow!"

So I guess it works, just not for the small majority of true fans..

I understand that. But do they really need to show it 20 times in a 3 hour block of time.
I think we get the pic after 5 times
TheShaman
10/20/14 12:51:11AM
I've started a game with myself, of trying to remember which fights the sound bites are from. I think it was the previous event where it had Florian saying "Everything he does is to finish the fight", from KZ vs Poirier, about KZ.

I think all the previous posts nail it... they use sound bites from totally different fights as if those things were said about the fighters they're showing, and they show the commercials more than once in a single commercial break sometimes. It makes since that it's meant for casual fans who can't make the connection, or else it would mean that the UFC either doesn't think it's fans' are very bright, or that the sound bites are meant as general enthusiasm (which would be a really lame and perhaps dishonest excuse).
prozacnation1978
10/20/14 1:43:26PM

Posted by TheShaman

I've started a game with myself, of trying to remember which fights the sound bites are from. I think it was the previous event where it had Florian saying "Everything he does is to finish the fight", from KZ vs Poirier, about KZ.

I think all the previous posts nail it... they use sound bites from totally different fights as if those things were said about the fighters they're showing, and they show the commercials more than once in a single commercial break sometimes. It makes since that it's meant for casual fans who can't make the connection, or else it would mean that the UFC either doesn't think it's fans' are very bright, or that the sound bites are meant as general enthusiasm (which would be a really lame and perhaps dishonest excuse).

Ufc over does it with sound bites from other fights
FullGuardSweep
11/12/14 3:57:42AM
Tell me about it. too much hype for nothing, they need to advertise it somehow.
State_Champ
11/12/14 6:12:20AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

This is why UFC Fight Pass is a superior way to view the fights. The pacing so WAY better than on TV (free, or PPV- why commercials on PPV? What am I paying for?).
prozacnation1978
11/12/14 9:02:26PM

Posted by State_Champ

This is why UFC Fight Pass is a superior way to view the fights. The pacing so WAY better than on TV (free, or PPV- why commercials on PPV? What am I paying for?).

Best part of fight pass fights
Is all the fighters entrances are shown.

I do like to see them come out.

To music
What they are wearing
Just how they look
Calm excited, anxious, got that killer look on them
State_Champ
11/12/14 9:41:17PM

Posted by State_Champ

Best part of fight pass fights
Is all the fighters entrances are shown.

I do like to see them come out.

To music
What they are wearing
Just how they look
Calm excited, anxious, got that killer look on them

I disagree with you. I think the pacing is the best part. By far. No question, for me.
However, I really do like seeing the walkouts. Why have they toned down covewrage of the walkouts during the bigger events? Anybody know? My guess: With less time spent showing the walkouts, there is more time for commercials! Yay!