GnP MA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » GnP MA
danny81
12/23/07 1:12:31PM
are there any MAs that teach you how to GnP?
stock
12/23/07 2:58:20PM

Posted by danny81

Hammer House?
Team Punishiment?

MFS? (they teach everything)
bayonetxwork
12/23/07 3:03:47PM

Posted by stock

Posted by danny81

Hammer House?
Team Punishiment?

MFS? (they teach everything)

whaaa? i'm pretty sure he meant are there any martial arts that incorporate ground striking. i can't think of any that are...just GNP, but of course there's sambo, vale tudo, and mma that all use it.
stock
12/23/07 3:59:00PM
Yeah, I was thinking more camps.

Although, some describe MFS as it's own type of martial art (or mixed martial art, I guess).
Like you said, Vale Tudo is probably the closest martial art (technically speaking) I can think of.
danny81
12/23/07 4:41:58PM
oo alright. thanks
madmarck
12/24/07 12:54:11AM
MMA schools in general do.
Some BJJ schools show some self defense.
Basically my Instructor will say "oh and if you are downtown drinking and you get in a scrap dont do this becasue he can punch you. Just reverse and run. No damage to him no liability."

I will do some looking for you but im pretty sure MMA is the only sport that has GNP competitivily.
fullerene
12/24/07 12:12:33PM
The most effective way to learn GnP is through DVDs, like James Thompson did.

danny81
12/24/07 1:27:41PM
thanks madmarc
Svartorm
12/25/07 5:23:47PM
While most TMAs will have techniques that involve striking at a downed opponent, GnP is really the child of MMA, as no other competative fighting sport that had ground fighting really used striking at all before MMA/NHB came along.

There are some TMAs that have cool variations for GnP techniques, like how American Kenpo will have you backfist the inside of the thighs, which I've never seen done, but overall if you want to learn good GnP, you're best off training at an MMA gym.