Gina Carano Among Yahoo's Top 10 Most Influential Women Of '08

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gina Carano Among Yahoo's Top 10 Most Influential Women Of '08
DCRage
12/3/08 12:32:28PM
if Zuffa still needs more reassurance as to how big Gina Carano really is, Yahoo has provided it. The website has come up with a list of the 10 Most Influential Women Of 2008 and "Crush" was ranked #5. #1, for those curious, was Angelina Jolie.

Article
wiggum
12/3/08 12:51:40PM
yeah, dana needs to bring to the wec and cross promote a match against larossa or cyborg, end of story....on a side note, i would love to get triangle choked by gina
PaleHorse
12/3/08 1:11:40PM

Posted by wiggum

yeah, dana needs to bring to the wec and cross promote a match against larossa or cyborg, end of story....on a side note, i would love to get triangle choked by gina

yeah I seem to recall an article talking about how the WEC was going to use female fighters, I still haven't seen any of it, their poster girl was really hot if I recall, but if ProElite sells to someone besides Zuffa, which I hope they don't, I really wish that the UFC just bought IFL and ProElite and taken as many people as they could.
jocka
12/3/08 1:13:53PM

Posted by wiggum

LOL actually i ll rather triangle her
wiggum
12/3/08 1:18:55PM

Posted by jocka

Posted by wiggum

LOL actually i ll rather triangle her

how about a double triangle?!?!?!...BOOYAH!
bjj1605
12/3/08 1:38:55PM
I would love to see Gina fighting in the WEC. She's exciting and very marketable. That fact that she's a woman shouldn't matter.
DCRage
12/3/08 1:42:55PM
Let's keep those particular thoughts to ourselves, guys. As for Gina being very marketable, no doubt about that. She'd be a great way to help draw more female fans in, and her AG time certainly helps a lot. I still don't understand, beyond Dana maybe not being a fan of women's MMA, why Zuffa is still so hesitant to give her and other female fighters a chance.
jiujitsufreak74
12/3/08 1:53:38PM
i guess this means we'll see women not caring about their weight anymore
wiggum
12/3/08 3:09:06PM

Posted by DCRage

Let's keep those particular thoughts to ourselves, guys. As for Gina being very marketable, no doubt about that. She'd be a great way to help draw more female fans in, and her AG time certainly helps a lot. I still don't understand, beyond Dana maybe not being a fan of women's MMA, why Zuffa is still so hesitant to give her and other female fighters a chance.

well in interviews he talks about how the womens mma scene isn't developed enough to warrant starting divisions, but has stated that hes open to "one-off" fights here and there....i think he's right too...starting a division or a couple divisions will be tough cuz its like the heavyweight divisions; you have the cream of the crop and then nothing else.....give it a couple years to develope and we will starting seeing some prominant formation....hell, its taken how many years to get to this point in male mma? doesnt happen overnight
DCRage
12/3/08 5:50:31PM
I don't think Dana has seen the Indiana-based Hook 'N Shoot promotion either. They've been doing women's fights for some time now including tournaments from when they were BodogFight affliliates. Having seen a few of their fights I think it's safe to say they are a good example of how to put on good women's fights.
PaleHorse
12/3/08 5:55:53PM

Posted by wiggum

Posted by DCRage

well in interviews he talks about how the womens mma scene isn't developed enough to warrant starting divisions, but has stated that hes open to "one-off" fights here and there....i think he's right too...starting a division or a couple divisions will be tough cuz its like the heavyweight divisions; you have the cream of the crop and then nothing else.....give it a couple years to develope and we will starting seeing some prominant formation....hell, its taken how many years to get to this point in male mma? doesnt happen overnight

I think they should start out like male MMA, openweight tournaments. Then Gina Carano probably wouldn't be so influential though for men (at least when it comes to influencing a hard on)