Gina Carano not the face of women's MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Gina Carano not the face of women's MMA?
Next Page »
jae_1833
9/21/08 1:56:06PM
Gina's Interview

"I am a recognized female in the sport, but I don't think that I am the face of women's MMA," Carano said. "It's just a label. I'm Gina Carano. You can label me that."
jiujitsufreak74
9/21/08 3:45:50PM
i label her "Fatty McGee"...i guess "face of women's MMA" is another option.
dannyfrank
9/21/08 6:48:56PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

wow. you really dont like gina carano do you?
jiujitsufreak74
9/21/08 6:51:12PM

Posted by dannyfrank

well, i'll think about her in a different way when she only misses weight by 2 pounds instead of 4.
Jackelope
9/21/08 7:14:42PM

Posted by dannyfrank

I think it's mostly based on a disrespect to the sport and her opponents by constantly missing weight. I'm sure JJFreak would throw it down her hallway like the rest of us
dannyfrank
9/21/08 7:50:58PM

Posted by dannyfrank

well, i'll think about her in a different way when she only misses weight by 2 pounds instead of 4.

hmm. good point

but she is hot

even though that doesnt make missing weight ok

but still...
jiujitsufreak74
9/21/08 7:57:43PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by dannyfrank

I think it's mostly based on a disrespect to the sport and her opponents by constantly missing weight. I'm sure JJFreak would throw it down her hallway like the rest of us

exactly
Ben_Hutch
9/21/08 9:39:38PM
Gina Carano is only popular because she's hot.

She'd be hated by everyone if she was a guy, but just because she's attractive she's allowed to get away with missing weight.

It's pathetic.
jiujitsufreak74
9/21/08 10:03:36PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

She'd be hated by everyone if she was a guy, but just because she's attractive she's allowed to get away with missing weight.

It's pathetic.

another one sees the light
JoeySteel
9/21/08 10:21:31PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

It's pathetic.

SUPER HOT.

She is not a bad fighter, but I guess I would be too if I was never expected to make weight.

Ohh I feel bad for saying anything against her now.

Ummm. Man she is SUPER HOT. I mean jesus that chick is flipping . . . hot.
Believe-in-judo81
9/22/08 11:27:37AM
Gina Carano is a fat, obnoxious, ignorant, cow who is too lazy to train to make weight. ... Yeah, I don't have much of an opinion of her personally. She's definitely talented but if she's struggling that hard to make weight for fights and having lackluster showings against girls she should beat quickly and impressively there's a serious problem. She needs to: 1. Cut out all the extraneous movie/TV show/ Endorsement deal ego stroking bullshit and rededicate herself to training, or 2. Fight at a higher weightclass. If she's not willing to do that, I couldn't possibly care less and don't want to she her fight.
jiujitsufreak74
9/22/08 2:25:34PM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

Gina Carano is a fat, obnoxious, ignorant, cow who is too lazy to train to make weight. ... Yeah, I don't have much of an opinion of her personally. She's definitely talented but if she's struggling that hard to make weight for fights and having lackluster showings against girls she should beat quickly and impressively there's a serious problem. She needs to: 1. Cut out all the extraneous movie/TV show/ Endorsement deal ego stroking bullshit and rededicate herself to training, or 2. Fight at a higher weightclass. If she's not willing to do that, I couldn't possibly care less and don't want to she her fight.

i am loving this thread right now. usually i am the only one who sees it this way
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/22/08 11:32:17PM

i stopped reading after the bold. I dont know what kind of chicks you dig but she's certainly not fat. how is she obnoxious, ignorant or a cow? IN every interview i've ever seen , she has been all class.
jiujitsufreak74
9/22/08 11:45:32PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

i stopped reading after the bold. I dont know what kind of chicks you dig but she's certainly not fat. how is she obnoxious, ignorant or a cow? IN every interview i've ever seen , she has been all class.

she referred to a gogoplata as that gogo thing...and how can you be about class when you miss weight 4 times in a row? she is "fat" because she is constantly over weight and i for one am sick of her tirades. it is very disrespectful to me that she gets away with her antics because she is attractive.
Aaronno9
9/22/08 11:51:07PM

MMAcca
9/23/08 1:20:24AM

Posted by Aaronno9

+
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/23/08 1:41:10AM

she referred to a gogoplata as that gogo thing...and how can you be about class when you miss weight 4 times in a row? she is "fat" because she is constantly over weight and i for one am sick of her tirades. it is very disrespectful to me that she gets away with her antics because she is attractive.

so she doesn't know her jiu jitsu , i put female mma in about the same league as the WNBA . i dont take it seriously, Elite xc is a charade as far as im concerned and she is one of the few good things to come out of it. Any hot girl with her skills gets the pass in my books on missing weight ,
jiujitsufreak74
9/23/08 2:05:48PM

so she doesn't know her jiu jitsu , i put female mma in about the same league as the WNBA . i dont take it seriously, Elite xc is a charade as far as im concerned and she is one of the few good things to come out of it. Any hot girl with her skills gets the pass in my books on missing weight ,

your comments are exactly why women's MMA shouldn't have Gina Carano as its poster girl.
JohnnyNapalm
9/25/08 12:19:04PM

Gina has a face???

***looks up...***

Oh.
gsquat
9/25/08 2:49:09PM
Whether she says so or not, she is the "face" of women's MMA. This doesn't mean she's the best, just the most popular. I don't have too much respect for her. Missing weight and saying thinigs like, "I think its called... like... a gogoplata or something." leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Despite my reasons for disdain, I find her quite attractive. Not just because of appearance, but because she beats up other chicks. Its kinda sick, but I like it.
Kracker_Jap
9/25/08 11:21:47PM
IMO Gina would kick Believe-in-judo81 and JJFreaks ass in the 1st round and then laugh about their manhood, that is the reason for all the hate

P.S. Gina I love you
jiujitsufreak74
9/25/08 11:42:39PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

IMO Gina would kick Believe-in-judo81 and JJFreaks ass in the 1st round and then laugh about their manhood, that is the reason for all the hate

P.S. Gina I love you

i would submit her via that gogo thing
Jackelope
9/26/08 12:11:50AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

P.S. Gina I love you

She would submit to my manliness

Gina vs. Jackelope - Jackelope, Rd 1 - Submission (Manliness)
Kracker_Jap
9/26/08 3:15:49AM
In my dreams I always catch her in the Rear Naked Choke
JohnnyNapalm
9/26/08 4:35:23AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Really?

In my dream I always nail her in the face with a cream pie.
Kracker_Jap
9/26/08 11:10:42AM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Really?

In my dream I always nail her in the face with a cream pie.

you are the one that lives in a vacuum, so that is only fitting
fonduktoe
9/30/08 12:40:07AM
have always loved her fights and she can always put her face on my mma
Rush
10/2/08 7:54:57PM
Wow, this thread takes the award for the worst MMA sexual innuendos of all time.

copcopps
10/2/08 11:52:26PM
I think I'm the only person who thinks Kelly is hotter than Gina. Granted Gina's a sexier name.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Rush
10/3/08 11:19:56AM

Posted by copcopps

I think I'm the only person who thinks Kelly is hotter than Gina. Granted Gina's a sexier name.

There was actually a large article in my local paper about Kelly just a day or two ago.

Anyone else picking Kelly to win?
Pages: [1] 2