Gina who?????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Gina who?????
StriderXero
6/5/08 7:14:15AM
Ham Su Hi

I think this girl deserves some regonition. She trains with Dong Hyun Kim in South Korea. Her first ever pro MMA match was against Hisae Watanabe ( who was the 48kg Deep Women's champ at the time) She has fought 4 of the top p4p women in the world, out of her 6 pro bouts.

check out her very first boutHam Su Hi vs Watanabe Hisae
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/5/08 1:31:57PM
is this the same woman who KO'ed Ryan Dunn on jackass movie?
StevenSeagal
6/5/08 1:37:03PM
...And in this corrrrrnerrrrrr RYONNNNN DOOUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN (in Thai accent)
Rush
6/5/08 1:37:30PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Wasn't that woman Thai?

edit:

I do want to add that her name is more like

Suh Hwee Ham
jiujitsufreak74
6/5/08 3:19:19PM

Posted by Rush

Wasn't that woman Thai?

edit:

Suh Hwee Ham

her name on Sherdog is Seo Hee Ham .

I think the aforementioned p4p women that she faced should be mentioned before she should. i mean, she is 3-3 albeit against top competition. Fujii or Tsuji should be mentioned first although i like to see people expand their knowledge on the women fighters and not just hug on Gina's ovaries.
StriderXero
6/5/08 4:52:41PM
I think this girl is only 21. I got alot of praise for herr cus she's so young, and has fought some of the best in women's MMA. Yuka Tsuji, Miku Matsumoto, Hisae Watanabe, Megumi Fujii. She's very entertaining to watch. She's a lil firecracker.
MrGreeny
6/5/08 5:26:08PM

The girl, that kicked Ryan's ass is Naoka Kumagai
RMFG_187
6/5/08 7:53:46PM
idc, Gina would own her.
NatedawgThaM
6/6/08 12:34:21AM
She definitely needs more recognition and needs to be one of the faces of women's fighting. Gina can barely remember the name of the move she just did. But who cares really, she's still freakin hot!
Mayhem13
6/6/08 1:51:17AM
here is my favorite female fighter

Chris Cyborg, she is viscious in the ring, and has that traditional Chute Boxe style of fighting...

here is a video to one of her fights...check it out!

CYBORG
jiujitsufreak74
6/6/08 1:57:17AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Chris Cyborg, she is viscious in the ring, and has that traditional Chute Boxe style of fighting...

CYBORG

while she is 4-0, the last 3 opponents she faced combine for an 0-3 record. she did beat Porto who is 7-3 though and she does look promising. who knows, i never really like women MMA but it is growing on me.
Mayhem13
6/6/08 2:02:22AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Mayhem13

CYBORG

while she is 4-0, the last 3 opponents she faced combine for an 0-3 record. she did beat Porto who is 7-3 though and she does look promising. who knows, i never really like women MMA but it is growing on me.

yeah, she hasnt fought the greatest comp. but she was recently signed by Elite XC so hopefully they can set her up with a decent fight and if she wins...set her and Gina up
StriderXero
6/6/08 2:07:29AM

Posted by Mayhem13

CYBORG

she's pretty much the female version of Wand..........which is a good thing.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/6/08 6:58:51AM
Doesn't the deep logo in the back say DEEP 2001? thats like 7 years ago lol
kaduey
6/6/08 2:24:25PM
The best female fighter in the world is Tara Larosa. Hands down.
StriderXero
6/7/08 2:57:51PM
Wow, you probably never seen Megumi Fujii fight.
taiwnezboi
6/8/08 11:08:21AM
Nice avatar Strider =P

Seo Hee Ham is a good striker, but she has no ground game.

Cris Cyborg is a beast, but we probably won't be seeing her in EliteXC. She was supposed to fight earlier this year, but had problems with her visa. Also, EliteXC apparently doesn't pay for fighters' travel costs, and Chute Boxe gave up on having her fight for EliteXC.

Cyborg would beat up Carano though, as would a lot of other good female fighters.
StriderXero
6/9/08 12:22:13AM

Posted by taiwnezboi

Nice avatar Strider =P

Seo Hee Ham is a good striker, but she has no ground game.

Cris Cyborg is a beast, but we probably won't be seeing her in EliteXC. She was supposed to fight earlier this year, but had problems with her visa. Also, EliteXC apparently doesn't pay for fighters' travel costs, and Chute Boxe gave up on having her fight for EliteXC.

Cyborg would beat up Carano though, as would a lot of other good female fighters.

holy crap.....never expected someone else to have Hisae Watanabe as avatar......better change it before I get my ass kicked.

my favorite female fighter is Hisae or Yuka Tsuji.
taiwnezboi
6/9/08 12:29:25AM

Posted by StriderXero
holy crap.....never expected someone else to have Hisae Watanabe as avatar......better change it before I get my ass kicked.

my favorite female fighter is Hisae or Yuka Tsuji.

hehe I like them too. Hisae retired though
StriderXero
6/9/08 7:06:09AM
yeah...it's a true shame.......I wanted her to knock out Shinashi again. Hopefully she eventually comes back
taiwnezboi
6/9/08 12:50:39PM

Posted by StriderXero

yeah...it's a true shame.......I wanted her to knock out Shinashi again. Hopefully she eventually comes back

I think one KO of Shinashi is enough. That KO was brutal. Shinashi just isn't the same anymore
Rush
6/13/08 10:16:42AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Rush

Suh Hwee Ham

her name on Sherdog is Seo Hee Ham .

Yeah, but they obviously can't read Korean.