Gimp??

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Gimp??
murphy_16
1/12/09 4:41:26PM
Hey could someone help me please i made a pretty sick sig a while back using this and want to make a new one, can someone please tell me how to delete the background of the original picture or like how to just cut out the fighter. MAD PROPS IF YOU HELP

here is the one i made before

DCRage
1/12/09 4:47:13PM
Try using a program like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop if you have access to one. I know you can do stuff like that with PSP.
Gweedo
1/12/09 4:47:55PM
whats wrong with it the way it is?

or you just want to make another one?

Kracker_Jap can help you, I'm sure
murphy_16
1/12/09 4:52:24PM
no that one is good i want another one its for a mma rpg game thing for my fighters,

and do you have to pay for paint shop pro because i dont want to pay for the stuff.
DCRage
1/12/09 5:04:22PM
You can probably download a free trial version from Corel's website but it's only good for 30 days. After that, gotta pay. Ditto for Photoshop (I think).
Gweedo
1/12/09 5:15:54PM

Posted by murphy_16

no that one is good i want another one its for a mma rpg game thing for my fighters,

and do you have to pay for paint shop pro because i dont want to pay for the stuff.

gotta pay 4 anything with "pro" behind it
murphy_16
1/12/09 5:40:41PM

Posted by DCRage

You can probably download a free trial version from Corel's website but it's only good for 30 days. After that, gotta pay. Ditto for Photoshop (I think).

i just downloaded it, do you have it? if so do you know how to take away the background of the original picture?
DCRage
1/12/09 6:00:42PM
I have an older version, I think they're up to version 12 or 13 but I only have version 10 (bought it when I got my current PC, which was about 3 1/2 years ago). But for your task, check to see if the PSP you got has a "Background Eraser Tool" and fool around with the associated settings. That should do the job.
murphy_16
1/12/09 6:18:00PM
yeh got that but wow it must be just me cuz it does not look good , but thanks man i know a guy who is really good at gimp he just isnt usually online so thanks again guys ill keep working at it tho.
grappler0000
1/12/09 10:34:41PM

Posted by murphy_16

yeh got that but wow it must be just me cuz it does not look good , but thanks man i know a guy who is really good at gimp he just isnt usually online so thanks again guys ill keep working at it tho.

Some photos are easier to do this with than others. If there is a large contrast between the foreground and the background, it is really simple...if not, it will take some manual labor to get it looking nice.