Gilbert Yvel Back In UFC?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gilbert Yvel Back In UFC?
DCRage
8/20/09 11:12:10AM
Possibly. There are reports that the Dutch Heavyweight, despite a history of rules violations and not-so-friendly exchanges with referees, is back in UFC or will be soon. His contract was reportedly acquired by Zuffa after the Affliction collapse.

Article
emfleek
8/20/09 11:20:58AM
I friggin' hate CagePotato. I can never click a link to their site without it prompting me to download something.
sclasclemski
8/20/09 11:37:23AM
I hope this is true...The Heavyweight division of the UFC is becoming beastly...coming close to the LHW...they will soon own the whole deal...
emfleek
8/20/09 11:42:39AM
McBee
8/20/09 1:15:45PM
How can he be back if he never was in the UFC?
emfleek
8/20/09 1:18:59PM

Posted by McBee

Good point.
tepid55
8/20/09 1:55:53PM
He won't last long in the UFC. He'll probably break a rule in his first fight and get released.
McBee
8/20/09 1:57:58PM

Posted by tepid55

He won't last long in the UFC. He'll probably break a rule in his first fight and get released.

depends on which ref he decks, I am not sure what Dana would do if he punched Mazzagati(sp?)

KO of the Night bonus probably
emfleek
8/20/09 2:00:00PM

Posted by McBee

depends on which ref he decks, I am not sure what Dana would do if he punched Mazzagati(sp?)

KO of the Night bonus probably

Dude, you're killing me! Stop!
wrona666
8/20/09 2:03:05PM
Yvel would definately make for some action packed fights...
crazedfan
8/20/09 2:03:48PM
Yvel vs. Miragliotta. Book it Joe!
mrsmiley
8/20/09 2:19:54PM

Posted by McBee

My thoughts exactly.

Given the right fights Yvel could make a decent run in the UFC.
His standup is good enough to take out anyone with just a few shots,if even that,but his ground game needs exstensive work.
If you could give him a line up like this,or a simular one I think we could see were he stands fairly well in the HW division.

1.Eddy Sanchez (is he even still in the UFC?)
2.Cheick Kongo
3.Heath Herring
4.Gonzoga

I think these are 4 fight Yvel can win,and would be a good way to build him up in the HW division.
McBee
8/20/09 2:20:49PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by McBee

My thoughts exactly.

Given the right fights Yvel could make a decent run in the UFC.
His standup is good enough to take out anyone with just a few shots,if even that,but his ground game needs exstensive work.
If you could give him a line up like this,or a simular one I think we could see were he stands fairly well in the HW division.

1.Eddy Sanchez (is he even still in the UFC?)
2.Cheick Kongo
3.Heath Herring
4.Gonzoga

I think these are 4 fight Yvel can win,and would be a good way to build him up in the HW division.

sanchez is gone
Sinister
8/20/09 2:58:06PM
The UFC is getting any potential name Strikeforce could consider "a challenge." I', sire they feel stupid for getting rid of Werdum as people as still saying he is a good HW
Sinister
8/20/09 3:00:05PM

Posted by McBee

sanchez is gone

McBee
8/20/09 3:02:56PM

Posted by Sinister

Posted by McBee

sanchez is gone

and O'Brian, now all they need to do is let McCully go
joshryanshepherd
8/20/09 3:30:35PM
Kongo Vs Yvel would be a very fun fight.

i bet Kongo goes for a takedown before two minutes is up.
prozacnation1978
8/20/09 3:39:03PM
with ben fighting cain now maybe gilbert with fight chase
mrsmiley
8/20/09 4:31:29PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Kongo Vs Yvel would be a very fun fight.

i bet Kongo goes for a takedown before two minutes is up.

I was thinking the same thing.
But I will say this,Kongo better not even think about going low on Yvel,because Yvel will give him 2 or 3 back!
WheelchairBandit
8/20/09 8:25:22PM
Yvel and Kongo have already fought once in the past,with Yvel getting the win-in fact,Yvel is the only person to ever stop Kongo.

WB.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/21/09 2:58:51AM
WB is correct, however Kongo was dominating that fight until he completely gassed . Yvel hasnt shown improved takedown defense , while Kongo has improved his wrestling 10 fold since the first fight . Kongo would gnp for a ud or tko .