MY Ghost story

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MY Ghost story
« Previous Page
BlueSkiesBurn
7/19/12 7:09:47PM

Posted by george112

If yall knew my girlfriend yall would know that it couldn't have been her

That plus there is absolutely no way she could have gotten out of bed opened the door gone through the beaded curtain turned on the tv back through curtain closed the door back In bed Under the blanket wIthout waking me up

I am not saying she did that. I am saying that she paused the TV before coming to bed instead of turning it off. That would explain it "coming back on." The cache memory was full and it began playing.
george112
7/19/12 7:10:56PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by tcunningham

can you pause your TV? this same thing happened to me and it was because i got tired and paused the tv instead of turning it off, it got paused during a dark spot in the tv show, i thought it got turned off. the DVR will only stay paused for about an hour and then it plays again. this startled me just like it did to you but after a little investigation i figured it out.

This. Your DVR/TV can only stay paused for so long. It saves shows in the cache memory, but that will only hold so much. Live pauses and DVR paused don't work the same way.

It's entirely possible she paused the TV and forgot about it. The chairs were probably moved earlier in the day and you forgot.

Or, you know, sancho came over and they banged it out on the kitchen table without you hearing.

we don't have DVR. Also the tv was off. I know that because she woke me when she came to bed and before she closed the door I saw darkness.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/19/12 7:14:00PM

Posted by george112
we don't have DVR. Also the tv was off. I know that because she woke me when she came to bed and before she closed the door I saw darkness.

There's other explanations. TV's have timers that can accidentally be set. It's not ghosts. That's just a fact.
george112
7/19/12 7:19:38PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by george112

There's other explanations. TV's have timers that can accidentally be set. It's not ghosts. That's just a fact.

Dude I'm with you on the ghosts. But its just so weird that it happened like it did

Are there timers that can power the tv on?
BlueSkiesBurn
7/19/12 7:21:10PM

Posted by george112

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by george112

Dude I'm with you on the ghosts. But its just so weird that it happened like it did

What kind of TV do you have?
george112
7/19/12 7:23:51PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by george112

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by george112

What kind of TV do you have?

42" jvc flatscreen
BlueSkiesBurn
7/19/12 7:26:50PM

Posted by george112

42" jvc flatscreen

Entirely possible. I don't know your TV settings, but ours has an internal clock and all sorts of damn functions. I'm sure mine would lick my balls if I found it in the menu.
shaneTpain
7/19/12 8:52:02PM
Boo!
ghandikush
7/19/12 10:18:03PM
Possible being the keyword. More likely than ghosts. Ghosts are cool though. I'm with Rabi.
jae_1833
7/20/12 12:34:40AM
This doesn't sound like a situation that is going undeniable proof of the afterlife. But I have had two situations that blew myas and my friends minds so I am a believer.
george112
7/20/12 1:33:19AM
Had a sit down with my girl. It wasn't her.

I mean I guess it is possible that she could have hit some button set a timer got out of the menu turned off the tv then came to bed.

BUT that sounds just as unlikely as the "ghosts" hell who said it had to have been a ghost? It was definitely something other then me and her. She was in bed with me.
I've tested the remotes through the closed door and just as I suspected they don't work. I also searched all the menus for a power on timer . Could not find one. All I found was a sleep timer that powers the tv off. Those are common though.

Who knows. I still don't believe . Just gotta think about it some more I guess
scoozna
7/20/12 9:59:29AM
I feel like you are taunting us with a riddle. Was anyone else staying in your place with you that night? Does anyone else have a key?
george112
7/20/12 10:27:36AM

Posted by scoozna

I feel like you are taunting us with a riddle. Was anyone else staying in your place with you that night? Does anyone else have a key?

No one. Just me and her.

Ha I wish I was taunting. That way I could stop thinking about it already

Also about the locks.

I changed them when I moved in. Not even the apt management has one. Only 3 keys exist and 1 is on each of our key rings the other stays in our door to lock it from the inside

Rabi
7/20/12 11:06:48AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Rabi

I believe in ghosts, Ive had 2 experinces myself.

Tell us, tell us! I don't have a ghost story but I have a UFO story. I swear to god one night I was chilling in my backyard at like 1 or 2 am just looking at the stars. This orb of light came down dangerously low.. like 20-30' off the ground. The thing that shocked me though was the speed it flew away. Went from a huge orb to a tiny spec zooming away in a second or less. I was 15 or 16 at the time, and 100% sober. I've never had any kind of explanation for it. I ran inside, woke up my parents, and they went outside but nothing was out there. It's still extremely vivid in my mind even though it was 7-8 years ago.

Experience No 1.

I was 17 (16 yrs ago) I had been away on a voluntary care holiday, Id had a lot of late nights and early mornings so my sleep pattern was all over the place. I was lying in my bed (it was a bunk bed and I was at the bottom, no one else was in the room). I was seeing strange shadows every where, then at the bottom of my bed was a little girl (about 7 or 8) I then had a sensation of being pinned down, I tried to scream but couldnt, and the little girl walked over to me, crouched over me and asked me if I was alright and then dissapeared). The sensation of being pinned down lasted about 1 second. I then rolled over and went to sleep. The next night I was in the same room and same bed, but I faced into the wall as not to see anything. I had the same sensation of being held down, (for a split second). I have since spoken to someone else who had had the same sensation of being pinned down ( not in the same place though).

Experience No 2

When my daughter was about 1 (7 yrs ago). I was staying at my Nana's house. I was in a double bed by myself and Ciara (my daughter) was in a travel cot at the end of the bed. I was sleeping in my Uncles room who passed away years before. The door was pushed 2, but not closed. The door opened, an outline of a person walked into the room, past the travel cot ( Ciara whimpered as he past) and walked in to the corner of the room. I was that sure someone was there I got out of bed and turned the light on ( I thought my Nana was sleep walking). But there was no one there.

Both times I never felt threatened and stayed in the rooms and slept well each night and even used the rooms again. They were my 2 experiences.
george112
7/20/12 11:33:32AM

Posted by Rabi

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Rabi

I believe in ghosts, Ive had 2 experinces myself.

Tell us, tell us! I don't have a ghost story but I have a UFO story. I swear to god one night I was chilling in my backyard at like 1 or 2 am just looking at the stars. This orb of light came down dangerously low.. like 20-30' off the ground. The thing that shocked me though was the speed it flew away. Went from a huge orb to a tiny spec zooming away in a second or less. I was 15 or 16 at the time, and 100% sober. I've never had any kind of explanation for it. I ran inside, woke up my parents, and they went outside but nothing was out there. It's still extremely vivid in my mind even though it was 7-8 years ago.

Experience No 1.

I was 17 (16 yrs ago) I had been away on a voluntary care holiday, Id had a lot of late nights and early mornings so my sleep pattern was all over the place. I was lying in my bed (it was a bunk bed and I was at the bottom, no one else was in the room). I was seeing strange shadows every where, then at the bottom of my bed was a little girl (about 7 or 8) I then had a sensation of being pinned down, I tried to scream but couldnt, and the little girl walked over to me, crouched over me and asked me if I was alright and then dissapeared). The sensation of being pinned down lasted about 1 second. I then rolled over and went to sleep. The next night I was in the same room and same bed, but I faced into the wall as not to see anything. I had the same sensation of being held down, (for a split second). I have since spoken to someone else who had had the same sensation of being pinned down ( not in the same place though).

Experience No 2

When my daughter was about 1 (7 yrs ago). I was staying at my Nana's house. I was in a double bed by myself and Ciara (my daughter) was in a travel cot at the end of the bed. I was sleeping in my Uncles room who passed away years before. The door was pushed 2, but not closed. The door opened, an outline of a person walked into the room, past the travel cot ( Ciara whimpered as he past) and walked in to the corner of the room. I was that sure someone was there I got out of bed and turned the light on ( I thought my Nana was sleep walking). But there was no one there.

Both times I never felt threatened and stayed in the rooms and slept well each night and even used the rooms again. They were my 2 experiences.

Man that's pretty creepy. I've never actually seen something.

I've only had one other instance of anything paranormal and it happened when I was in the 1st grade.

I was in the kitchen and I heard my mom call my name. I went to her room and when I entered I said what. No one was there. I looked all over the house and no one was there except me. I ended up going outside because I was genuinely afraid of that house.

Later I found out my sister had numerous instances of her hair getting pulled by a little boy.

Weird stuff my friend
Rabi
7/20/12 11:49:36AM
Its crazy, I think its something you have to experience yourself before you can start beleiving.
Poor_Franklin
7/20/12 11:54:36AM
props for the beaded curtain!

i dont believe in ghosts one bit. i laugh at the idea & if someone tells me im at a haunted place, i ask for details about the ghost & then mock the shit out of it. i figure the only way im ever going to believe is to see one & the only way im going to see one is to piss it off.
Rabi
7/20/12 11:58:22AM
I didn't believe until I had my own experience!
Poor_Franklin
7/20/12 12:04:25PM

Posted by Rabi

it's okay Ray. We'll find you the help you need.
crushedbacon
7/20/12 11:10:17PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

You show me someone telling ghost stories and I'll show you a liar.

Either that, or a schizophrenic.
jakewalters
7/20/12 11:17:45PM

Posted by Rabi

TELL US!!!
Bubbles
7/20/12 11:23:41PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Rabi

TELL US!!!

go back a page
emfleek
7/20/12 11:34:52PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm sure mine would lick my balls if I found it in the menu.

*frantically searching for the Sony Bravia manual online*
jakewalters
7/21/12 12:43:09AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Rabi

TELL US!!!

go back a page

Haha I scrolled through page 3 too fast apparently
prozacnation1978
7/22/12 11:26:20PM
Crazy Shit happens at night.
One time i heard someone trying to open my door. My front door is a sliding glass door mind you
I ran grabbed my .40 calibur glock and was about to go Bruce Willis on their ass. Sad thing was I was looking at my 12inch chef knife thinking it may be more fun for me
Pages: 1 [2]