MY Ghost story

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MY Ghost story
Next Page »
george112
7/19/12 2:24:02PM
Ok I'm going to explain some weird shit that happened to me last night.

Before I start I'm going to say I don't believe in ghosts or anything like that. Well maybe I do now I'm not sure. Anyways ill start

Yesterday I got off of work at 1 in the afternoon. Ioff live in a 1 bedroom apt with my girlfriend who was off of work waiting for me.

When I got there she was watching a show about ghosts and I didn't really mind. I sat down on the couch and watched it with her for about little while. Eventually we both fell asleep on the couch and when we wake up another ghost show is on.mind you it is now 930 at night. We watch more ghost stuff all the way until I go to bed at about 1230. She stays in the living room because she isn't tired which is the norm. Im laying there in bed and I can easily hear the tv. I can't sleep. She finally comes to bed at around 230. I'm awake but I don't let her know that I am awake. My girlfriend has trouble sleeping and its also totally normal for her to lay there awake for a long time before she goes to sleep. I doze off. And then suddenly I'm awoke by my girlfriend saying she is scared Im kind of in a weird daze and I ask why. She then tells me the tv in the living room turned on. While she was telling me this I noticed I could hear the tv in the living room and could actually see the light very bright from under the door. My first thought is somebody is in our apt. So I ask if she locked the door. She said yes. So I listen very hard to see if I can hear anything. I can only hear the tv. My next thought is that she turned it on and was trying to prank me. So I ask her if she did it. Of course she says no. But I believe her because you have to cross through a beaded curtaiqn to get to the living room and that would have for sure woken me up. So I rule her out . By this time I grab the shotgun that I keep by my bed and load it. I walk out to the living room and turn on the lights. Nobody is there and the door is locked. But I notice that my dining table and chairs have been pushed up against the wall .
I'm stumped. So we go Back to bed
kopower
7/19/12 2:43:23PM
reepy. You positive it wasn't your gal?

I'm on my phone now, but there is a thread somewhere about ghost stories on here. Some of them are pretty crazy.
Boo_Radley21
7/19/12 3:21:35PM
You keep a shotgun beside your bed? Props
Boo_Radley21
7/19/12 3:22:07PM
Woulda been an OG prop if the gun was loaded already with the safety off
george112
7/19/12 3:27:39PM

Posted by kopower

reepy. You positive it wasn't your gal?

I'm on my phone now, but there is a thread somewhere about ghost stories on here. Some of them are pretty crazy.

Positive dude .

She isn't the type to go for those kind of jokes. She's super scared of that stuff plus there's no way she could have gotten up outta bed and through that beaded curtain without me waking up
george112
7/19/12 3:29:18PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Woulda been an OG prop if the gun was loaded already with the safety off

Haha it'd be loaded if it wasn't for the fear of my gf blowing her face off
prophecy033
7/19/12 3:30:38PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I keep my Glock 19 next to my bed with one in the chamber
Boo_Radley21
7/19/12 3:34:18PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I keep my hockey stick in the garage...

I'm fucked when the zombies come
ghandikush
7/19/12 3:36:06PM
It was just one incident. If you realy want to know lay out a pentagram in ash on the floor with a Quijia board in center and call out to the dark lord belial in a challenging tone.

Then you will have your answer.
Budgellism
7/19/12 3:41:34PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Head shots bro, you'll be fine
Boo_Radley21
7/19/12 3:47:22PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Head shots bro, you'll be fine

I'm gonna have to get some more pucks
george112
7/19/12 3:49:45PM
^^

Haha definitely
george112
7/19/12 3:50:37PM

Posted by ghandikush

It was just one incident. If you realy want to know lay out a pentagram in ash on the floor with a Quijia board in center and call out to the dark lord belial in a challenging tone.

I can't tell if your serious
tcunningham
7/19/12 4:09:00PM
can you pause your TV? this same thing happened to me and it was because i got tired and paused the tv instead of turning it off, it got paused during a dark spot in the tv show, i thought it got turned off. the DVR will only stay paused for about an hour and then it plays again. this startled me just like it did to you but after a little investigation i figured it out.
infestructure
7/19/12 4:13:11PM
So let me get this straight George...

You stayed up late watching ghost stories. After you went to bed something spooky happened. Sounds like you had ghosts on the brain.

Every little thing that happens has a logical explanation.
scoozna
7/19/12 4:24:54PM
So let me get this straight...your TV turned on, your table and chairs were pushed up against the wall, and you were convinced that your gf didn't do either...and then you went back to sleep?

That's a man's man right there.

But I suspect it was your gf playing you.
Gogoplatapus
7/19/12 4:25:44PM
You show me someone telling ghost stories and I'll show you a liar.
george112
7/19/12 4:33:56PM

Posted by infestructure

You stayed up late watching ghost stories. After you went to bed something spooky happened. Sounds like you had ghosts on the brain.

See I think like you.

But yes thats what I'm saying . I swear I've been thinking about it all day. Trying to figure out how the hell my tv turned on and my dining table and chairs got moved
infestructure
7/19/12 4:36:35PM

Posted by george112

Posted by infestructure

See I think like you.

But yes thats what I'm saying . I swear I've been thinking about it all day. Trying to figure out how the hell my tv turned on and my dining table and chairs got moved

Use Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is often the correct one. Ghosts are not the simplest explanation
george112
7/19/12 4:36:50PM

Posted by scoozna

So let me get this straight...your TV turned on, your table and chairs were pushed up against the wall, and you were convinced that your gf didn't do either...and then you went back to sleep?

That's a man's man right there.

But I suspect it was your gf playing you.

Why wouldnt i go back to sleep?
It's not like I was scared.

I ruled out a physical person being in the apt. So I didn't need to worry. I just thought id figure it out in the morning.

But the more and more I think about it I can't figure out how

ghandikush
7/19/12 4:38:56PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by george112

Posted by infestructure

See I think like you.

Use Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is often the correct one. Ghosts are not the simplest explanation

Why is everyone so into absolutes though? I dont think it was ghosts but I know its a possibility.
ghandikush
7/19/12 4:40:30PM

Posted by george112

Posted by ghandikush

I can't tell if your serious

lol no, but it could work.....

You can be our ghost scientist.
Boo_Radley21
7/19/12 4:40:45PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by infestructure

Posted by george112

Posted by infestructure

See I think like you.

Why is everyone so into absolutes though? I dont think it was ghosts but I know its a possibility.

It was me. Sorry for letting it go on this long
ghandikush
7/19/12 4:52:49PM
HA, get outa here the ghost of whitey ford
warglory
7/19/12 5:47:35PM
Maybe one of you sat on the remote and set the timer on the tv? I can't explain the furniture, maybe one of you moved it earlier in the day and forgot you did it?
Rabi
7/19/12 6:05:17PM
I believe in ghosts, Ive had 2 experinces myself.
pmoney
7/19/12 6:39:22PM
I won't discount paranormal circumstances, but I would venture to say it's your lady pranking you

I just say that because I had seen some of those shows (also with my lady) and furniture being moved came up in at least one of those episodes.

There is also the possibility of one of you sleepwalking and moving stuff....
jakewalters
7/19/12 7:00:56PM

Posted by Rabi

I believe in ghosts, Ive had 2 experinces myself.

Tell us, tell us! I don't have a ghost story but I have a UFO story. I swear to god one night I was chilling in my backyard at like 1 or 2 am just looking at the stars. This orb of light came down dangerously low.. like 20-30' off the ground. The thing that shocked me though was the speed it flew away. Went from a huge orb to a tiny spec zooming away in a second or less. I was 15 or 16 at the time, and 100% sober. I've never had any kind of explanation for it. I ran inside, woke up my parents, and they went outside but nothing was out there. It's still extremely vivid in my mind even though it was 7-8 years ago.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/19/12 7:04:33PM

Posted by tcunningham

can you pause your TV? this same thing happened to me and it was because i got tired and paused the tv instead of turning it off, it got paused during a dark spot in the tv show, i thought it got turned off. the DVR will only stay paused for about an hour and then it plays again. this startled me just like it did to you but after a little investigation i figured it out.

This. Your DVR/TV can only stay paused for so long. It saves shows in the cache memory, but that will only hold so much. Live pauses and DVR paused don't work the same way.

It's entirely possible she paused the TV and forgot about it. The chairs were probably moved earlier in the day and you forgot.

Or, you know, sancho came over and they banged it out on the kitchen table without you hearing.
george112
7/19/12 7:07:37PM
If yall knew my girlfriend yall would know that it couldn't have been her

That plus there is absolutely no way she could have gotten out of bed opened the door gone through the beaded curtain turned on the tv back through curtain closed the door back In bed Under the blanket wIthout waking me up
Pages: [1] 2