Ggard Mousasi

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Ggard Mousasi
jtwalker
7/21/09 3:32:09PM
From what I have seen the guy is pretty good. Would love to see him in the UFC when his Dream contract is over. How do you think he stacks up against other fighters in the UFC in his division?
Kpro
7/21/09 5:05:57PM

Posted by jtwalker

From what I have seen the guy is pretty good. Would love to see him in the UFC when his Dream contract is over. How do you think he stacks up against other fighters in the UFC in his division?

Aside from Fedor, Mousasi is the best fighter not in the UFC.

He'd be an immediate threat in any weight class he chose.
Aaronno9
7/21/09 5:19:38PM
Whats Mousasis preffered fighting weight? 185 or 205?

sclasclemski
7/21/09 5:43:33PM
He's now fighting 205 and eventually wants to bulk up and fight at HW...I think he will be competive in the UFC quickly...I"ll probably go ahead and drop him in my top ten LHW if/when he comes away with the victory against Babalu
mentalcase
7/21/09 5:57:56PM
yeah hes atleast LHW he said he cant make 185 anymore so put him in you 205 rankings
sclasclemski
7/21/09 6:07:49PM
I have to let him beat Babalu before I put him in...then a win against Soku will just cement his place there
Rush
7/21/09 6:23:39PM

Posted by sclasclemski

I have to let him beat Babalu before I put him in...then a win against Soku will just cement his place there

I think Soku is irrelevant for Mousasi right now
sclasclemski
7/21/09 10:30:07PM
do you mean that it isn't on his radar because he is concerned with Babalu or that Soku is just not a threat?
Rush
7/22/09 6:19:07PM

Posted by sclasclemski

do you mean that it isn't on his radar because he is concerned with Babalu or that Soku is just not a threat?

I just think the Mousasi has nothing to gain from fighting Soku. and at the time I posted that response I wasn't aware of him being set to fight Soku. Mousasi has won 7 in just under 2 years with no losses and Soku is 2-3 in roughly the same time frame. The match-up doesn't make sense to me from Mousasi's perspective.
cowcatcher
7/22/09 6:33:18PM
i agree rush, but its part of the superhulk tourney so hes kind of stuck on board with that fight now.
Rush
7/22/09 7:22:19PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i agree rush, but its part of the superhulk tourney so hes kind of stuck on board with that fight now.

Ah I see. I didn't realize this was a GP fight. I haven't been following the GP stuff in Dream, just the individual matches.
breakdown5
7/22/09 11:57:24PM
It's too bad that he's not at MW anymore, I would have loved to see him challenge A. Silva. Mousasi is one of the few at MW who could give Silva a run. But then again, there are a ton of match ups at LHW that would make any hardcore fan drool on themselves. He will be a serious contender in the UFC soon IMO, he's too good to not be there, especially at LHW.

jtwalker
7/28/09 10:56:14AM
I just realized he has the same management team as Fedor. So he might not be in soon.
sclasclemski
7/28/09 5:27:19PM
well considering he just signed to fight babalu under the Strikeforce banner for a title no less I'd say he definitely won't be in the UFC anytime soon