Getting cut and gaining weight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Getting cut and gaining weight
Pitbull09
8/11/07 8:54:22PM
So lately I have set weight training aside alittle to try to get cut and have been doing a lot of cardio. What I want to know, is whats best to get definition in the core area like abs and around there.

Also, I have been planning to try to gain weight but I'm having trouble thinking of a good diet to stick to and gain. Can any of you guys tell me the best meat to eat for weight gain without fat?
bayonetxwork
8/11/07 9:09:26PM

Posted by Pitbull09

So lately I have set weight training aside alittle to try to get cut and have been doing a lot of cardio. What I want to know, is whats best to get definition in the core area like abs and around there.

Also, I have been planning to try to gain weight but I'm having trouble thinking of a good diet to stick to and gain. Can any of you guys tell me the best meat to eat for weight gain without fat?

In order to get definition in your abs, you just have to have a low body fat index, around or under 10% depending upon what you mean by "definition." The goal to gaining weight is simply eat a lot, and lift/workout hard. Here is a diet I use, I was at 170 when starting this, and now im 185 with a lower body fat index.

Breakfast:
6 am: 2 cups of oatmeal, 2 cups skim milk, 2 egg yolks, 3 egg whites
9 am: 2 cups yogurt, PB sandwich on 4 slices wheat bread

Lunch:
12 pm: can of tuna mixed in mayo, on 4 slices whole wheat bread, handful of nuts and an apple

Post workout:
3 pm: 2 bananas, protein shake in cup of milk

Supper:
6 pm: 5oz steak, rice, salad

Before bed:
10pm: sugar free pudding mixed in 2 cups milk, bowl oatmeal, 4 eggwhites

Note, I didn't make this diet, I found it on a website, implemented it to fit stuff I like, and it worked. This is strictly for putting on lean muscle mass. About the meats, you can fit any "unprocessed" meat into your diet pretty easily, just look out for the frozen pre-cooked chicken, steaks, etc. because they are normally loaded with sodium and sat. fats. Don't worry about completely eliminating all fats from your diet, just make sure to keep saturated fats to a minimum. Hope it helps, and let us know how it goes
hado3
8/13/07 3:54:08AM
u eat that every day wow your a machine

ass
Pitbull09
8/14/07 1:29:32AM
I cant even begin to thank you but thanx anyway. your getting props for this