UFC is getting boring

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC is getting boring
the_01
10/17/10 6:07:12PM
Lately, UFC fights, and probably in most profesional organizations, fights are getting more and more boring. I think its mainly due to the fact that the fighters are getting more and more professional. We dont see that brawl or hard hitting crazy fight, its all 2 guys that are careful not to get hurt, and its either a split seond knockout with no introduction, or a decision. This is why the likes of Chuck, Rampage, Wandy, and the older generation are legends, and will be remembered forevere. Heck, I cant remmember 98% of the fighters in UFC120, maybe because I was asleep most of the time, I dont know. Honestly, I find much better fights in smaller organizations, where fighter are REALLY fighting trying to make a name for themselves.
BustedKnuckle
10/17/10 6:17:46PM
I dont know man....I bet Dan Hardy isnt feeling real great after that KO last night. Diabate got pummeled inot submission and the first rnd of Browne/Kongo was very exciting. Even the Bisping Ud wasnt a snoozefest.
State_Champ
10/17/10 6:19:13PM
The perceived boringness might be due the the consistently high level of competition.
In the UFC the fighters are very skilled and thus less likely to make mistakes. Mistakes are what cause KO's and Subs. If no one ever made a mistake then no one would get finished. So it seems to me that with fewer mistakes come fewer finishes and "brawls". I see this with high level wrestling as well, in collegiate/high school wrestling if two wrestlers are both very good then their match is often low scoring and without a pin.

FastKnockout
10/17/10 6:40:00PM
I'm just getting tired of the "main events" and hyped fights that don't live up to it. It's gotten to the point where I no longer get hyped for the so-called-main-events because something negative always seems to happen every other fight. Be it refs, judging, some sort of illegal action, or just disappointing fight.
kaduey
10/17/10 6:43:52PM

Posted by the_01

Lately, UFC fights, and probably in most profesional organizations, fights are getting more and more boring. I think its mainly due to the fact that the fighters are getting more and more professional. We dont see that brawl or hard hitting crazy fight, its all 2 guys that are careful not to get hurt, and its either a split seond knockout with no introduction, or a decision. This is why the likes of Chuck, Rampage, Wandy, and the older generation are legends, and will be remembered forevere. Heck, I cant remmember 98% of the fighters in UFC120, maybe because I was asleep most of the time, I dont know. Honestly, I find much better fights in smaller organizations, where fighter are REALLY fighting trying to make a name for themselves.

Don't watch then.
billfold9
10/17/10 7:30:35PM
i think its getting more exciting. lesnar vs carwin was one of most exciting fights i ever seen.
prozacnation1978
10/17/10 8:03:50PM
tired ofthe damm main cards all going to decisions
do the math last few pay perviews alot of them have gone to decisions
bojangalz
10/17/10 8:07:20PM
Getting boring? Stop watching then.

Seriously how many stick and ball sports fans complain about the games being boring? I don't remember hearing a single Football fan complaining about the Raven's in their hayday because they were "boring."

You never hear baseball fans ridicule small-ball teams for being boring and moving the runners over rather than going for home runs.

I just don't understand i guess.

So seriously, if the sport is boring to you than maybe you should consider a different form of entertainment.
seanfu
10/17/10 9:43:02PM

Posted by bojangalz

Getting boring? Stop watching then.

Seriously how many stick and ball sports fans complain about the games being boring? I don't remember hearing a single Football fan complaining about the Raven's in their hayday because they were "boring."

You never hear baseball fans ridicule small-ball teams for being boring and moving the runners over rather than going for home runs.

I just don't understand i guess.

So seriously, if the sport is boring to you than maybe you should consider a different form of entertainment.

I think you would have to consider fightsports differently. Boxing is boring now and these half ass boxerst that fight today would outclass any of the 50's 60's guys straight to a decision.

When guys dont have gaping holes in their defenses anymore you see closer and closer fights. In the old days some fighter were put in some positions they had no answers for, then they got knocked out/subbed. Nowdays fighters have an answer and defense for everything.

Look at Tito/Hughes and their badass gnp, now look at their GnP, nothing close to effectiveness. When was the last time a gnp specialest dominated outside HW?
jae_1833
10/17/10 11:48:48PM
Lamest post ever...........You just dissed the best organization of the best sport ever on a site dedicated to it......
Chael_Sonnen
10/18/10 11:47:11AM

Posted by the_01

Watch WWE then.
gartface
10/18/10 1:54:24PM
Gogoplatapus
10/18/10 3:04:29PM
Yup, worst sport ever. Sucks. I hate it. Dana's fault. GSP boring too. Too many decisions. Why can't they just stand and swing all the time. Arianny should be in the ring too. Fighters should paint their faces.
emfleek
10/18/10 3:06:58PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Fighters should paint their faces.

Luchadore masks!

gartface
10/18/10 3:45:49PM

Posted by the_01
Heck, I cant remmember 98% of the fighters in UFC120, maybe because I was asleep most of the time, I dont know.

You missed some great fights. You missed Alexander Gustafsson come in and beat Diabate at his own game. You missed Mike Pyle absolutely dominate Jon Hathaway. By the way that mounted triangle/crucifix was amazing!

The difference between higher up promotions and the smaller ones, is that these fights normally consist of fighters who are often too skilled to actually finish each other. I, personally, love watching these tactical matches.
AchillesHeel
10/18/10 3:48:38PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Luchadore masks!

I was just thinking about this the other day...
jawbreaker517
10/18/10 7:11:06PM
What is going on with these crazy topics? UFC 120 boring? Did you stay awake for the Condit KO( don't get much more exciting than that)? Or see Hathaway get beat up for the first time? I admit, the Gustafsen(or whatever) fight was lackluster, but i didn't find any other fight on the televised card that boring.
warglory
10/19/10 9:47:34PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Luchadore masks!

I was just thinking about this the other day...

RyanC
10/19/10 9:57:11PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

What is going on with these crazy topics? UFC 120 boring? Did you stay awake for the Condit KO( don't get much more exciting than that)? Or see Hathaway get beat up for the first time? I admit, the Gustafsen(or whatever) fight was lackluster, but i didn't find any other fight on the televised card that boring.

Please tell me you're forgetting about Kongo/Browne. If you liked that one, well I'd be surprised is all.