Gerald Harris' RAMPAGE SLAM KO Last Night (GIF)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gerald Harris' RAMPAGE SLAM KO Last Night (GIF)
DCRage
7/4/10 3:53:37PM
Rampage 2.0? Wanted to see this as soon as I read about it...
mshalosky
7/4/10 4:36:18PM
It was a wonderful slam. Props to harris for not punching him after he knew he was out. Btw I was wondering if it was illegal how he had his elbow on he throat during the slam. Whats the difference between that and just elbowing to the neck as GnP?
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 5:22:23PM
That slam was beautiful. I think they should change the name of that KO to Rampage Slam
KronicBuboniK
7/4/10 5:48:08PM
It was a good slam. The other fighter (can't remember his name) only got knocked out because Harris was pushing his head down with his arm, forcing it to hit the mat.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 5:49:47PM
Branch
KaibaThedon
7/4/10 6:13:54PM
Best part was he put up his right hand and then didn't punch him and got up and walked away. Love seeing that. Shogun did it to Machida and Gegard to Babalu !
noahgenda
7/4/10 7:11:05PM
marquardt/maia
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/10 7:48:42PM
The camera angle from this fight on spiketv showed a better view of joe silva's reaction to the slam.
Bloodhound
7/4/10 7:55:20PM
Gerald Harris is gonna be a contender at MW soon, I was really psyched when he got signed to UFC and hes been impressive in all 3 of his fights thus far
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 7:58:35PM

Posted by Bloodhound

Gerald Harris is gonna be a contender at MW soon, I was really psyched when he got signed to UFC and hes been impressive in all 3 of his fights thus far

He was an excellent sign and has proven to be such during his tenure in the UFC.
gartface
7/4/10 8:13:49PM
Give him the winner of Massenzio and Stann.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 8:17:41PM
Stann hasn't impressed me since coming over from WEC. I used to like the guy a lot but I've noticed that the step up in competition has been hurting him.
jimmypockets
7/4/10 10:34:38PM
Awesome slam! Nice to see someone silly enough to hold on while being hoisted into the air and slammed into oblivion.
bjj1605
7/4/10 11:37:55PM

Posted by mshalosky

It was a wonderful slam. Props to harris for not punching him after he knew he was out. Btw I was wondering if it was illegal how he had his elbow on he throat during the slam. Whats the difference between that and just elbowing to the neck as GnP?

One is a strike the other is a position. It is illegal to grab the throat with your hand and thumb and it is illegal to strike the throat (whether it be an elbow or a punch). Resting the elbow on the throat or pressing the forearm on the throat is not illegal.

Either way, it isn't a foul guys usually get called for. I've seen fighters punched in the jugular and the ref said nothing.
Boo_Radley21
7/4/10 11:48:08PM
It's sik to see Harris in the UFC and finding some success I was I really disappointed when I didn't see him after TUF.
postman
7/5/10 1:14:38AM
I was watching that fight thinking there must be an awesom KO or late or something beacuse untill that point that was one of the slowest fights I had ever seen.
sparky
7/5/10 10:53:10AM
KNOCKOUT of the night hands down
Styles
7/5/10 1:25:21PM
Anyone else find that Branch looks alot like TI?
prozacnation1978
7/5/10 4:03:28PM
All I see was was harris slamming branch down with his forearm implanted
On branch's neck and seeing it slam down thinking he may have broken his neck
babalu46
7/6/10 7:44:30AM

Posted by Styles

Anyone else find that Branch looks alot like TI?

I thought he looked like a young Marvin Harrison.
BustedKnuckle
7/10/10 2:31:30PM
Wicked slam. Harris has definatly improved since he was on TUF. He looks to be making a run to contender status soon. His next fight needs to be a step-up in competition.