Georges St. Pierre: Winning would mean everything against Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Georges St. Pierre: Winning would mean everything against Anderson Silva
emfleek
7/24/09 8:34:28AM
“If I fight Anderson Silva one day, if this fight happens, I’m going to take an extra month to make sure that my weight is at 200 pounds minimum. I want to get bigger and I’m going to take some extra time to do that because if I do it I want to do it well. And if I do it I want to win … there is only one thing on my mind. I’m not going to do it just to try. If I do it it’s to win. It depends on the timing — right now is not good timing for me, but maybe one day it will be. “

STORY
originalconspiracy
7/24/09 8:41:00AM
if anyones gonna beat silva besides griffin its gsp
RNC
7/24/09 9:40:08AM

Posted by originalconspiracy

if anyones gonna beat silva besides griffin its gsp

Couture at 205.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/24/09 9:46:48AM
Marquardt at 185. Experienced Anderson once, and of course it was a bad result. He's a different fighter now, smarter while being more aggressive. His camp is extremely good, and overall a beast. Also contains the ground skills to do it.
postman
7/24/09 10:18:03AM
I think George has a great chance to beat Anderson I also think Dan Henderson has just as good a shot. Vitor befort is another guy I would like to see fight him. I think Nate also would be intersting.
Aaronno9
7/24/09 10:27:31AM
Glad to hear this. This would be a waaaay bigger fight that GSP vs BJ, so id hope GSP will be in the best possible shape he can be in. If he bulks up properly, and manages to get bigger without it affecting his ability, Id pick him to beat Anderson.
roadking95th
7/24/09 12:28:17PM
I thought GSP stated recently that he walks around at 185/190 lbs. How is he going to put on 10 lbs of meaniful muscle in 1 month? Are we to assume he is purposefully keeping this muscle off right now? That is the only thing that makes sense.
Boo_Radley21
7/24/09 4:48:47PM
I really want to see this fight. I used to think Silva would hand GSP a beating, but now I'm starting to think it's the other around. At the very least it would be a close fight.