Georges St. Pierre: Thiago Alves Would Whip B.J. Penn

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Georges St. Pierre: Thiago Alves Would Whip B.J. Penn
MMAcca
6/26/09 1:43:46AM
The rivalry between Georges St Pierre and BJ Penn is over in the sense that they're not going to step into the Octagon together again, but it's far from over in the sense that they're not going to stop talking about each other any time soon.

Penn has repeatedly called St. Pierre a cheater, and St. Pierre, in a call to promote UFC 100, took a swipe at Penn in discussing his upcoming opponent, Thiago Alves.

LINK
TimW001
6/26/09 1:46:42AM
BJ's going to be pissed.
Loot613
6/26/09 2:39:34AM
BJ's gonna be soo irrelevant...
Pskinner_mma314
6/26/09 4:26:20AM

Posted by Loot613

after Florian beats him, i see him goin on an "iceman" resembled downhill slide
Sam_Rothstein
6/26/09 5:27:59AM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by Loot613

After Florian beats him? The only way Ken Flo wins this fight is if GSP jumps into the octagon and attacks Penn with a steel chair while Mazzagatti is looking the other way.
Pookie
6/26/09 5:45:39AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by Loot613

After Florian beats him? The only way Ken Flo wins this fight is if GSP jumps into the octagon and attacks Penn with a steel chair while Mazzagatti is looking the other way.

sshhh dont tell the outsiders...
State_Champ
6/26/09 6:38:27AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by Loot613

Imagine that!
ianinspain
6/26/09 7:17:34AM
That is more of a Brock Lesnar move!
Darnok
6/29/09 5:58:51PM

Posted by TimW001

BJ's going to be pissed.

No but his Mom will be
Giant_Ochai
6/29/09 6:14:26PM
Why is it so acceptable around here to bash B.J. Penn?
Mattchoo
6/29/09 6:20:59PM
For fun?
cowcatcher
6/29/09 6:24:11PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

i dont think that the "bashing" of bj is out of hand by any means.

the fact is that when youre on top people will talk about you whether its good or bad, and hes on top of the LW division. its human nature man, dont let it bug you.
Boo_Radley21
6/29/09 6:38:38PM
I think I agree that Alves would win.
Shadymlm
7/1/09 3:41:26AM
K-Flo is gonna get completely dominated by BJ. IMO There's no one in the LW division that I see giving BJ any problems. Yeah he got man-handled by GSP, but name 1 lightweight that wouldn't?. Actually name a lightweight that could even go the distance with GSP and Lyoto Machida? IMO B.J. is way too strong for anyone in the LW division and he's not losing anytime soon, unless of course he jumps up to WW.
Darnok
7/2/09 4:40:29PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

It's called light hearted humor. Ever heard of it.
Joemoplata
7/2/09 4:43:48PM
My prediction:

BJ will be so pissed off at this that he will go beat up a couple of tourists at some bars in Hilo tonight and then fight the cops and spend the night in jail.
whardin19
7/2/09 6:15:49PM
BJ Penn, even though I do not like him. Would rip Alves arm off in a match. Alves is known to not be able to stop the takedown (look what John Fitch did to him). Penn would stand for a little bit and then take him down and submit him.
Rush
7/2/09 7:29:37PM

Posted by whardin19

BJ Penn, even though I do not like him. Would rip Alves arm off in a match. Alves is known to not be able to stop the takedown (look what John Fitch did to him). Penn would stand for a little bit and then take him down and submit him.

Sorry to single your post out, but this comment is directed to all the "Alves is easy to take down and submit".

I think we need to let go of the Alves Fitch fight. IT happened 3 years ago and I think it is safe to say that Alves is a different fighter. Let's not forget, Alves spanked some of the WW division's top take down artists in his last three fights.

I for one am not looking at the GSP-Alves match an easy takedown and sub for Georges.