Georges St. Pierre Vs Josh Koscheck

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Georges St. Pierre Vs Josh Koscheck
Next Page »
ocho-cinco
7/16/07 10:59:24PM
I can't wait to see GSP back in action. He should win this fight, but Kos is no Joke. Thoughts?
Northrend
7/16/07 11:00:07PM
GSP will outwrestle him, outstrike him, and outhustle him. GSP by domination 30-27!
ocho-cinco
7/16/07 11:04:49PM
I agree. He should get back to his old form. In the past it hasn't mattered what someones strength is, St. Pierre has dominated the fight.
DevonFoxy
7/16/07 11:05:15PM
Great fight hopefully full of action and nothing short of spectacular. IMHO i don't see Kos loosing call me bias call me anything you want but i don't see GSP being able to defend the Kos take down. GSP is one of my favorite fighters and he is definitely a champ and will be one in the future.Kos needs to keep the fight out of the stand up game and guess what thats what Kos does best.i see Kos taking this fight to the ground and hitting sum GnP on Gsp and ending the fight with a UD for Koscheck. Let the bashing of my opinion begin.
Twenty20Dollars
7/16/07 11:07:14PM
Yeah I had GSP by decision. Like it said on UFCMania.com GSP has cleaned up the WW divison and kos hasnt had a real challenge like this. a weakend diego. which was a boring fight. kos took diego down and diego took his back and then they just stood around.

GSP stuffed one of matt hughes take downs. that is crazy.

Kos might have better wrestling.

But GSP wrestling is really really good, like you dont understand, like Greg Jackson said. GSP has better striking more pin point. and better submission than kos.

Can we say Hughes vs GSP 3?
Northrend
7/16/07 11:07:47PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Great fight hopefully full of action and nothing short of spectacular. IMHO i don't see Kos loosing call me bias call me anything you want but i don't see GSP being able to defend the Kos take down. GSP is one of my favorite fighters and he is definitely a champ and will be one in the future.Kos needs to keep the fight out of the stand up game and guess what thats what Kos does best.i see Kos taking this fight to the ground and hitting sum GnP on Gsp and ending the fight with a UD for Koscheck. Let the bashing of my opinion begin.

Well on paper that does make sense, but GSP every time that he has faced a wrestler that supposively has better wrestling then him, he dominates. The best example was him vs Trigg. Trigg is a great wrestler..and GSP easily put him on his back early in the fight to off a shot by Frank. Sherk he stopped every takedown with ease and double legged him sooo hard. Hughes could not take him down the second fight and GSP was on top I believe a couple times. Im not bashing your opinion becasue I see why you have it I just feel the fight will go differently.
SSfighter51
7/16/07 11:11:04PM

Posted by Northrend

GSP will outwrestle him, outstrike him, and outhustle him. GSP by domination 30-27!

GSP out wrestle kos...doubt that, out strike him forsure, and well have to see on both of there cardio.

but a kilelr fight most deffinently.
DevonFoxy
7/16/07 11:20:16PM
Yea i agree GSP is great against wrestlers. He has beaten Hughes and Trigg who are both class A wrestlers. I just don't know i see Kos as a more exuberant younger guy. I don't know i may be too far in the forest to the see the trees because I'm a huge Kos fan. I think he is getting no chance in this fight with Gsp which is a mistake as its the year of upsets. I think a lot of this match has to do with how GSP handles getting beat down by Serra ( i think out a hundred times that would happen once personally but it happened non the less) mentally i wonder how thats gonna affect him. I'm excited for this fight and it should be a good one.
seavillebri
7/16/07 11:20:38PM
its true that st pierre has stuffed 3 of the best wrestlers in mma, but koscheck was better than all of them in college. i still think georges is too well rounded for josh but i wouldn't be shocked to see josh grind a win out
Playground_Samurai
7/16/07 11:31:23PM

Posted by Northrend

Posted by DevonFoxy

Well on paper that does make sense, but GSP every time that he has faced a wrestler that supposively has better wrestling then him, he dominates. The best example was him vs Trigg. Trigg is a great wrestler..and GSP easily put him on his back early in the fight to off a shot by Frank. Sherk he stopped every takedown with ease and double legged him sooo hard. Hughes could not take him down the second fight and GSP was on top I believe a couple times. Im not bashing your opinion becasue I see why you have it I just feel the fight will go differently.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. It may surprise some people, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if GSP shoots and puts Kos on his back. I don't recall ever seeing kos being taken down by a bigger fighter and having to try and defend the gnp. I'm not saying that I think this is the definate scenario that will play out, i'm just saying it wouldn't be a stretch.

GSP rebounded well from his first loss and cleaned up the division. I expect nothing less from him this time. Koscheck has been fairly impressive thus far in his career, let's see what he can do at the next level.
tuvok500
7/16/07 11:40:32PM
kos last fight was boring.

he fight a "zombie" sanchez an was not able to put him down .

he was screaming " I won , I won " like a little girl .

gsp rd 1 ko and easy.

kos will scream " i'm hurt , i'm hurt "

JBatch
7/16/07 11:48:56PM
This will be a great bout between two of the most althleic fighters in the sport. Kos has gotten himself into serious contention and is ever improving but GSP is IMO a Top 5 P4P and will push Kos back down the WW ladder.

Can't wait for this fight and I see it ending in the third GSP by Sub RNC. He will be just too determined and Kos will be the victim of a pissed off Quebec'r.
SpiderSilva
7/17/07 12:51:34AM
I would like to see GSP win witch is most likely so thats who I picked But I got the money on Kos
jomatty
7/17/07 7:16:21AM
gsp may be able to neutralize kos's wrestling to some extent but he is not gonna outwrestle him. kos has the best takedowns and all around wrestling in mma imo. sure gsp stuffed matt hughes and no doubt matt is a great wrestler but he is not as good as kos esp considering his shot.

i dont think this is a great matchup for gsp but i do think he wins it easily the vast majority of the time. i did bet kos at +360 and i think the right price is somewhere in the +250-+300 range.

the fight will hinge imo on wether kos can take him down and keep him down. i think he will be able to take him down but not keep him down. that said, noone has easily taken gsp down and even though kos is better shot than sherk and hughes, gsp defense may be too good for that as well.
Chuteboxer
7/17/07 7:39:00AM
Personally, i'd like for GSP to win it...Kos is an asswipe in my opinion. But what concerns me is if GSP will be cautious and tentative after getting TKO'd by Serra in their fight...that could play a factor in this. I'm hope i'm wrong.
Northrend
7/17/07 7:40:03AM

Posted by jomatty

gsp may be able to neutralize kos's wrestling to some extent but he is not gonna outwrestle him. kos has the best takedowns and all around wrestling in mma imo. sure gsp stuffed matt hughes and no doubt matt is a great wrestler but he is not as good as kos esp considering his shot.

i dont think this is a great matchup for gsp but i do think he wins it easily the vast majority of the time. i did bet kos at +360 and i think the right price is somewhere in the +250-+300 range.

the fight will hinge imo on wether kos can take him down and keep him down. i think he will be able to take him down but not keep him down. that said, noone has easily taken gsp down and even though kos is better shot than sherk and hughes, gsp defense may be too good for that as well.

Why does he have the best shot in MMA? All the people he faced do not have good wrestling besides maybe Diego and his wrestling isnt that great. People can look insane against lower level fighters but once he fights GSP we will see if he is really as good as people say. IMO he is overrated.
GrandMaster313
7/17/07 8:34:31AM
I'm going with GSP by Unanimous Decision. only way Koz will win is by lucky strike. he didnt show me anything against Diego( and Diego for that matter too )
other than he could put out more of an effort than the other guy
slapshot
7/17/07 9:29:22AM

Posted by Northrend

Posted by DevonFoxy

Hughes was being cocky and attempting to stand and strike with GSP, I mean if you call the one attempt at a takedown and the one fake kind of half rush a game plan then you didn't watch the same fight I did. Hughes very deliberately stood toe to toe and paid for it. I also remember Trigg who is not known for takedowns specifically, being able to bring GSP down. It was after he got him down that GSP broke free. Regardless neither one is known to have a shot like KOS and most times use the clinch to bring fighters down.

I picked GSP to win but there are a few things I wonder about in this fight and the largest is can GSP keep it standing up? GSP is not going to be able to fight off his back with KOS I dont care what anyone says josh has too much control from that position but to me thats about all he has. I cant see him striking with GSP and his subs are IMO not as technically sound, if he tries to work from the clinch with GSP I think he'll get hammered so be prepared for some L&P.

I hate KOS, I dont know why really but I do and nothing would make me more happy than to see him try to strike with GSP for any amount of time. If he dose he's going to get KTFO however, I do think KOS has a chance in this fight I just dont want him to win
MissGSP
7/17/07 7:01:42PM
This fight is going to be tough. I love GSP to death, but Koscheck is just one kickass fighter. I dont know who to root for, but I think GSP may have to step up his game quick, fast and in a hurry because Koscheck is going to beat GSP's ass like he did Diego Sanchez. Or GSP is gonna get his asswhipped like he got his ass whipped my Matt Serra. GSP may win if he doesnt get tired quick. He should keep up the pace like he did when he fought Matt Hughes and UFC 65. But dealing with Koscheck...I dont know Josh Koscheck is a damn beast and he will run right through you. hmmm... This is going to be a close fight.
Violence108
7/17/07 7:30:53PM
GSP should win this fight hands down, Josh has never faced a striker this GSP before and i see George just picking Josh apart on the feet
k_lup07
7/17/07 9:27:35PM
gsp, no doubt.
DevonFoxy
7/17/07 10:11:41PM
I just wish SOME people not talking about everyone, would look at this match into depth. They assume Kos is gonna get destroyed in this year of upsets but IMO this wouldn't be an upset. Kos improves every time i see him in the Octagon and if you don't think hes an impressive athlete you should watch his fights. He is so precise with his shots and his combinations. He is improving on his stand up but i think this fight will be fought on the ground. I really wish people would look at this fight closer because it really shows how they just see GSP and are like "oh he beat Matt Hughes hell be this guy"
tommyprairie
7/17/07 10:52:06PM
m going with Josh. His striking has improved a lot. although he has never faced a striker like GSP, Koscheck's wrestling is far beyond anyone in the division. Yes, Matt Hughes too. Although he is still learning how to use it, I am giving it to him
DevonFoxy
7/17/07 11:05:59PM
I think Kos will know what to do by watching the first and second match Gsp had with Hughes. Hughes shot in the second fight once and i really have to wonder if the same would happen if he went in for it again. Hughes got crazy and wanted to stand with GSP which was dumb. I think Kos knows he cant stand with GSP no matter what happens he needs to take GSP down and He needs to do it often. I think GSP has very underrated wrestling and maybe a little (and i emphasize little) overrated in everything else.I think GSP is gonna have a hard time stopping the constant take downs of Kos. Gsp has never seen a shot like a Josh Koscheck shot. I think Joe Rogan put it best when he said "That guys take downs are like no one else's in the sport He runs through guys, his follow through is fantastic, He shoots for that double and keeps driving like nobody else in the business." I know that doesn't mean a lot but if you watch his matches it shows that these statements are very accurate.
Northrend
7/17/07 11:19:03PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I think Kos will know what to do by watching the first and second match Gsp had with Hughes. Hughes shot in the second fight once and i really have to wonder if the same would happen if he went in for it again. Hughes got crazy and wanted to stand with GSP which was dumb. I think Kos knows he cant stand with GSP no matter what happens he needs to take GSP down and He needs to do it often. I think GSP has very underrated wrestling and maybe a little (and i emphasize little) overrated in everything else.I think GSP is gonna have a hard time stopping the constant take downs of Kos. Gsp has never seen a shot like a Josh Koscheck shot. I think Joe Rogan put it best when he said "That guys take downs are like no one else's in the sport He runs through guys, his follow through is fantastic, He shoots for that double and keeps driving like nobody else in the business." I know that doesn't mean a lot but if you watch his matches it shows that these statements are very accurate.

The reason he can do these takedowns so "impressively" IMO is because the opponents he faced do not have that good wrestling. Also I think the best shot in MMA is probably Lindland.
DevonFoxy
7/17/07 11:28:27PM
I guess we will see if his impressive shots where do to lack of competition or not. I just think its sumthing to think about. I really think Kos will disect those tapes of Matt Hughes vs GSP though and we will see a highly prepared and mentally tough Josh Koscheck. GSP will hopefully be mentally ready after the defeat at the hands of Matt Serra. Im sure that wont effect him as much as i would hope lol but none the less I expect a great fight and i can see it going either way just trying to make a case for Kos as he is getten manhandled in the betting and odds.lol
Kos by UD
k_lup07
7/18/07 12:16:26AM
i personally just dont like kos and also think george will be like a bat out of hell after getting embarrassed by the terra.
TOMMYAYO05
7/18/07 12:36:14AM
Im going with My boy "KOS"on this one i mean he has nice crisp striking now he has been really working on that and if gsp does connect kos will just take him down with ease like he does with everyone else,the only thing im worried about is his bjj but other than that i see gsp as just being in his way of the title.
cmill21
7/18/07 2:04:32AM
I think GSP is going to win this fight...now it could go either way. I do believe these two are the futre of the ww div. It'll be a great battle over the next few years. Can't wait. I just see Josh progressing wonderfully, he's not on the level that GSP is in alot of mma, but he seems to be progressing very fast. Look for these two to be battling for the title with it switching hands a couple times.
jomatty
7/18/07 6:24:30AM
maybe i was being a little gung ho when i called his shot the best in mma, but it certainly is up there. honestly it is hard to judge but from what ive seen he is a better wrestler than anyone else in the ufc right now, and i cant think of anyone who has a better shot than him. lindland was mentioned and maybe thats true but im not sure about that at all. anyhow, i do think that kos's wrestling is superior to Matt hughes and GSP's even though they are both awesome wrestlers. i still pick GSP but i think it could be a slightly bad style matchup if kos can keep him down.

matt
Pages: [1] 2 3