Georges St.Pierre vs Anderson Silva???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Georges St.Pierre vs Anderson Silva???
POLL: Rush vs Spider
Georges "Rush" St.Pierre 32% (20)
Anderson "Spider" Silva 61% (38)
Draw 2% (1)
Disqualification 5% (3)
hammerhead1
7/3/09 8:16:46PM
This would be the best fight ever in UFC History and i would go see it Live! for sure no doubt

bojangalz
7/3/09 8:46:27PM
Yeah, that fight would be ultimate mega awesome for sure....

Any other fights you'd like to discuss?
copcopps
7/3/09 11:38:14PM
accidently clicked GSP but I meant Silva to win.
prozacnation1978
7/3/09 11:47:59PM
with silva only having a few fights left, i do think this will happen next year in canada!!
PABLOMAFIOSO
7/4/09 7:16:21AM
GSP is definitely one of the best around but Silva could get the KO if he brings his 'A' game (Matt Serra style)
sclasclemski
7/4/09 4:01:58PM
I think after this upcoming fight with Forrest it will be clear that Anderson is not someone easliy dealt with in any weight class...I think the same thing would happen to GSP as happended to BJ...the bigger guy that is awesome will be the crap out of the smaller guy that is awesome
JimiMak
7/4/09 4:17:09PM
Not even interesting.

Silva is moving up not down.

Wouldn't even be competitive, Silva would KILL him.
Wallass
7/4/09 5:24:14PM
No Silva really wouldnt. Hed get taken down over and over again until the bell rings, This would be a cake walk for GSP!
JimiMak
7/5/09 2:04:43PM

Posted by Wallass

No Silva really wouldnt. Hed get taken down over and over again until the bell rings, This would be a cake walk for GSP!

So all you have to do to beat Silva is wrestle? hmmm, surprised Hendo couldn't figure that out. I knew you were from Canada before I looked. Only a blind hugger could think GSP would stand a chance.
Wolfenstein
7/5/09 2:22:40PM
Although it's just one weight class up, it's really more like two because Anderson is such a huge MW.

Sure GSP can take Anderson down, but I'm not sure he is going to be able to do much with Anderson there. I think a big part of GSP's game is that he's stronger than most opponents, but he won't be in this instance. Obviously GSP also uses great technique, but I'm just saying when one of your usual advantages is taken away--that's a big difference in a matchup between two elite fighters.

GSP will have a really difficult time posturing up, particularly since Anderson utilizes the body triangle from the bottom often. I actually think Anderson will be quite formidable when he's on the bottom using elbows, and can probably get the standup if he wants to stall the action.

GSP also has a pretty signifacant reach (I think it's 76') which is a pretty abnormal reach for a guy his size. Again though, this will probably be the first time he doesn't have the reach, and that will also be something new--where perhaps he isn't able to control the distance like he normally would.

In between the takedown he's going to have to deal with Anderson's striking--and if Anderson catches him with a clean shot, that could be all she wrote. I don't see GSP being able to finish Anderson, and 25 minutes is just too long to stay out of danger.
SociopathX
7/6/09 1:37:09AM
I feel like I've seen this thread before awhile back... IMO This wouldn't be that great of a fight.. Silva is too big for GSP, and the fight would be one sided similar to the GSP/ BJ PENN Fight except with Silva landing striked and picking GSP apart on the feet.
sclasclemski
7/6/09 7:02:38PM

Posted by SociopathX

I feel like I've seen this thread before awhile back... IMO This wouldn't be that great of a fight.. Silva is too big for GSP, and the fight would be one sided similar to the GSP/ BJ PENN Fight except with Silva landing striked and picking GSP apart on the feet.

I agree and it will probably tarnish GSP's legacy a little bit unfairly...just as it has done with BJ (though he has done nothing to help himself with that one)
Jackelope
7/6/09 9:36:46PM
I agree with a lot of what's been said in here. Some of it I definitely don't agree with.

I don't have any interest whatsoever in this fight. GSP may surprise me if it ever happens, but I doubt it. Anderson has too much length and size on GSP for him to deal with. I just don't find it the slightest bit interesting.
Biggz
7/7/09 12:31:38AM
I agree Silva would murder GSP, if this fight did happen, i would much rather see it at a catch weight, i think that would make it a little better fight, but still Silva would win
emfleek
7/7/09 8:27:47AM

Posted by SociopathX

I feel like I've seen this thread before awhile back.

No way...