Georges St-Pierre To Play A Heavy in “Captain America: The Winter Solider”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Georges St-Pierre To Play A Heavy in “Captain America: The Winter Solider”
grappler0000
3/25/13 4:58:06PM
Just got off the phone with my Marvel source who gave me an Exclusive scoop…

I’ve been told that mixed martial artist and current UFC Welterweight Champion, Georges St-Pierre aka GSP has been cast in Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”.

GSP will play one of the villains, Batroc the Leaper!!!

Full Story
Chael_Sonnen
3/25/13 6:12:56PM
Sounds like a greasy character to me....probably plays it safe throughout the film....somehow going the distance.
shaneTpain
3/25/13 6:48:23PM
hmmm mixed martial artists as actors........

Bubbles
3/25/13 7:42:09PM
ask Rich Franklin what it's like to fight a movie star Poor Franklin (pun intended)
kopower
3/25/13 8:05:23PM
Hmm. Not sure I like the casting. As my wife would say, hopefully he doesn't speak, and just stands there, looking good.
prozacnation1978
3/25/13 10:53:16PM
Non speaking roll for sure
bootyclause
3/26/13 6:16:10AM
Batroc the Leaper lol.
bootyclause
3/26/13 6:23:50AM
according to wikipedia, Batroc is pretty much GSP created as a fictional character before he was actually born.

Batroc's first name is Georges. He is a French martial arts expert with no other powers besides being diesel and having good kicks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batroc_the_Leaper
BillsNewAccount
3/26/13 8:53:40AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Sounds like a greasy character to me....probably plays it safe throughout the film....somehow going the distance.

I hope GSP let's one of the good guys get away and has to apologize to Magneto for his performance.
airkerma
3/26/13 10:32:33AM
From wiki provided by bootyclause

"Batroc has a daughter who is teamed in villainy with the daughter of similar B-list supervillain Tarantula. Both daughters take their fathers' respective costumes and titles. The Taskmaster expresses his shock that Tarantula and Batroc are heterosexual before soundly beating the two villains' offspring, tossing them effortlessly off of a building, noting that he also "hates ethnic stereotypes."
Wait, you're NOT lesbos?? I will beat your asses!
MMA-San
3/26/13 12:31:48PM
Batroc the Leaper is a great villain...one of my favorites.

If anybody wants a backstory on him and you have Netflix watch the sort lived BET Black Panther series...he was the second-main villain (the main villains right hand man)

...he also somehow managed to be the only one to survive at the end lol
RhythmAndStyle
3/26/13 12:38:43PM
so does that mean he wont be fighting Hendricks any time soon..i'm sure Hendricks feel GSP is ducking him even more...