George St. Pierre's future

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » George St. Pierre's future
hado3
4/29/08 6:39:11PM
I think that if George St. Pierre's wrestling continues to get better, he will become as unbeatable as they come, and i'm not talking about only welterweights.

If it is true that he can really take guys like Rashad Evans down at will, and he continues to improve, it isnt that far of a reach to think that he can take down top heavyweights.

When you can chose where the fight goes, then your always one step ahead of your opponent. Think of it this way, who is gonna tap him when BJ Penn couldnt even put him in a submission. Who is gonna out strike him: Anderson Silva and probably Rampage, but he could then put both of them on their backs. The only way i see GSP losing is if he gets hit with another Matt Serra type shot. The only problem is that with the small gloves, nothing is forsure.

My Prediction: GSP destroys Jon Fitch(i am a huge fitch fan) and his next couple challangers. He then decides to start fighting fighter in heavier weight classes.

Thoughts?
Who do you think could beat GSP in the future if he keeps improving like he does?
puppetmaster837
4/29/08 6:45:30PM
If he tries to step up in weight class i think that he is going to get knocked out. Matt Serra showed that he doesn't have an iron chin. If he tries to fight Anderson Silva any one shot will rock him or possibly knock him out. And part of the reason he is so dominant with his wrestling at welterweight is strength. He might be able to take Rashad Evans down but then when you go to the ground with these bigger guys they are much harder to control. I dont think he should move any weight classes. I think he should stay in welterweight and dominate for as long as he can and prove that he is the best welterweight that ever lived.
jocka
4/29/08 6:47:47PM
in the ww division no one on paper but every one has a pucher's chance. He would have a a tough fight against Silva which am not sure who would win it but i don t think he would be able to take Rampage down that guys is ******* huge compare to GSP and Rampage is a lor stronger than Sugar by far
hado3
4/29/08 7:01:47PM
Just so the first poster knows, the shot that initially rocked him that Matt Serra threw looked like it hit him on the top of the head, and from the camera angle it also didnt look like he saw it, as all people who have boxed know, the punch that you don't see coming is the one that hurts you the most.

He might not be stronger than all the guys in the heavier divisions, but when was strength the only thing that mattered. Only some wrestling takedowns are about strength, technique plays just a big part as strength.

For the guy that said he has a weak chin and that everyone will have a punchers chance at beating him. What truth does that tell us. Everyone has a punchers chance. Thats why i said that the small gloves are GSP's biggest problem, because you can get caught with a certain shot and get put down from it, or the ref might jump in early.

The point of the thread is that out of all the fighters in MMA, GSP has the best chance of beating any fighter any day. All because of his wrestling, because he can judge where it goes. And even if he can't take his opponent down, not that many guys are going to outstrike him.

I challange anyone to name a fighter that GSP would not be able to take down and that would then beat him on their feet. NOT ANDERSON, NO lighter fighters than him. Rampage might be the only one.

Also, he is twice as fast as most all heavyweights
Pookie
4/29/08 7:11:44PM

Posted by hado3
I challange anyone to name a fighter that GSP would not be able to take down and that would then beat him on their feet. NOT ANDERSON, NO lighter fighters than him. Rampage might be the only one.

Fedor
Couture
Sylvia
Liddell
Machida
Rampage
Dan Henderson
Yoshihiro Akiyama

And thats just by the method you asked for.
There are plenty of fighters in the upper divisions that could sub him as well.

GSP can take Rashad down at will, is rashad's takedown defense so good that anybody that can take him down can beat anyone in the world?

I dont understand your logic.
Ben_Hutch
4/29/08 7:42:56PM
I see GSP defending his title twice, then fighting BJ Penn at WW, then if he wins, maybe moving up to MW to fight Silva.
Gipper
4/29/08 8:14:54PM
there's still some top ww's gsp hasn't beatin yet- fitch, shields, alves, sanchez, davis, lytle, swick. all have the potential of great fights. although i'd rather see him fight for the mw belt.
Ordep
4/29/08 8:31:50PM
WOW average post worshiping GSP per-day = 4.4

However, a striker with good takedown defense could KO him.

one more time..... Marcus Davis 2009
Tein_Lung
4/29/08 8:41:31PM

Posted by Ordep

Davis cannot beat anyone in the Top 5 but possibly Kos... Davis is a career gatekeeper... he looks great fighting cans but then again a top 10 fighter beats a top 20 fighter more times then not... if someone like Diego had the fights that Davis had would you be swingin from his balls as well? or Karo ?
JimiMak
4/29/08 11:29:38PM
So far he's never had a successful title defense. He needs a good long run to dominate one div and have his legacy compare to Hughes'. He should prob'ly never step up in weight unless he wants to be in the middle of a weak div.
jiujitsufreak74
4/29/08 11:32:08PM

Posted by Ordep

HELL YEAH....Spread the prophecy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!