george gurgel = andy wang?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » george gurgel = andy wang?
POLL: do you see me now?
yes 42% (18)
no 14% (6)
gurgel is top 10 lw 7% (3)
stfu andy wang is a fuking warrior 37% (16)
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/16/08 1:29:04AM
Good ground game but once their opponents land one shot , you know your in for a a stand up fight . Replace bj with dellagrotte and we got tuf 5 all over again . thoughts?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
The_Metal_Maniac
11/16/08 2:27:00AM
Being a coach I would think that Jorge Gurgel would be wise to implement a strategic game plan, such as using his strength to his advantage. Time after time he chooses to stand with his opponent, and put his sub par striking on display. The man has the potential to win the majority of his bouts on the ground. You can still put on a great show with a spectacular ground game. Did I mention he busted my parlay.. lol
pdanke
11/16/08 2:42:23AM

Posted by roncomanjason

You can still put on a great show with a spectacular ground game.

I think Dustin Hazelett makes your point, odd since Gurgel trains him.

I made the same Andy Wang comparison too...
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/16/08 3:35:27AM

Posted by roncomanjason

Being a coach I would think that Jorge Gurgel would be wise to implement a strategic game plan, such as using his strength to his advantage. Time after time he chooses to stand with his opponent, and put his sub par striking on display. The man has the potential to win the majority of his bouts on the ground. You can still put on a great show with a spectacular ground game. Did I mention he busted my parlay.. lol

gurgel stoped me from going 9-0 it was a last second fight change also .
Pookie
11/16/08 4:38:23AM
I remember saying this haha
Matimus
11/16/08 8:38:17AM
I really like Jorge, but I NEVER pick him haha
higdon10
11/16/08 12:35:54PM
Yeah, he always wants to stand and bang.
Solidus
11/16/08 2:50:03PM
I picked Gurgel this one time thinking he'd actually take the fight to the ground...had him in my parlay at one point, but made a last minute switch to Ryan Thomas which still screwed me up

How can he think he can keep getting by in the UFC fighting like that

RedCloud
11/16/08 7:31:30PM
I had the dopest parlay... Maia, Hazelett and.... Gurgel...
Couldve made some sweetness.

Everyone in the world was yelling at the screen "Just shoot!... sprawl...rubber guard, anything but that!"
copcopps
11/16/08 8:08:21PM
Totally the next Wang, seriously every time I pick for him to win he loses and everytime I pick against him he wins

He really needs out, I don't think belongs in the UFC.
ViciousFish
11/16/08 8:38:14PM
He's one of Franklin's best friends and won fight of the night last night. Do you really think they'll let him go?
DangerousDjohn
11/16/08 10:09:44PM
NOOOO...he is much better than Andy. He dosent gamplane ala Andy, but he is a much better fighter than Andy.
Ordep
11/18/08 10:33:21PM
If it is about being good at something but forgetting about it after getting hit you can put Gonzaga in there too. He seems to lose all motivation after his opponent land something decent (see vs. Werdum2, vs. Couture).
Hendo67
11/19/08 11:15:38AM
He's the LW Joe Riggs
bls1919
11/19/08 5:36:00PM
He is a much better fighter but as shotty a gamplanner. For some reason he thinks he transforms into A silva and wants to KO the dude, this is all after getting rocked.