George Bush (the fighter) tests positve for marajuana

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » George Bush (the fighter) tests positve for marajuana
Manfred
5/13/08 11:22:20PM
Link

Heavyweight fighter George Bush has tested positive for marijuana following his decision loss to Ricco Rodriguez on April 11 in Atlantic City, N.J., at Yamma Pit Fighting's debut effort, Sherdog.com learned Tuesday....
aaa9erh8er
5/14/08 12:23:38AM
does he have a canubis card also?
i think the nvsac should just legalize it
Manfred
5/14/08 2:02:06AM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

does he have a canubis card also?
i think the nvsac should just legalize it

Actually it was Jersey and he only got 90 days suspension w/ no fine. Not too bad considering what Diaz went through with the longer suspension and the NO CONTEST against Gomi on his record.
xphycorx
5/14/08 2:37:58AM
anyone see the new harold and kumar movie? reading 'george bush' and 'marijuana' made me think of it. haha
GrandMaster313
5/14/08 2:45:42AM
who gives a shit really? Honestly anyone who says marijuana is a performance enhancing drug is wrong. The only way Marijuana is a performance enhancing drug is if you put a Chocolate bar at a runnings distance in front of them ! I think it's bullshit the U.S. waste their time and OUR MONEY fighting something they could make money on and BOOST our economy up with by just legalizing it......... I'm gonna stop because this is not the time to be talking about this issue right now. It is against regulations so suspend him or whatever but it will not be the first nor the last time this happens. All I have to say............For now.
jakeiceman
5/14/08 4:17:28AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

I think it's bullshit the U.S. waste their time and OUR MONEY fighting something they could make money on and BOOST our economy up with by just legalizing it.........

That is such a brilliant idea because smoking pot would make such a more productive country???? Serioulsy stupid comment. I'm a hardworking taxpayer and I am happy to pay to keep stupid pot head hippies from running around singing songs and holding hands.
Pookie
5/14/08 4:32:09AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

I think it's bullshit the U.S. waste their time and OUR MONEY fighting something they could make money on and BOOST our economy up with by just legalizing it.........

That is such a brilliant idea because smoking pot would make such a more productive country???? Serioulsy stupid comment. I'm a hardworking taxpayer and I am happy to pay to keep stupid pot head hippies from running around singing songs and holding hands.

It would boost the economy. Even if the government made no money off of it we would still save a shit load with the money we waste trying to regulate it.
and FYI most countries that dont prohibit drugs have some of the lowest drug abuse rate.
89vision
5/14/08 4:46:38AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

That is such a brilliant idea because smoking pot would make such a more productive country????

you dont..."have" to use a product for it to be successful, look at cigs one of the biggest items for sale that kill you, and weed is harmless, easy logic oversimplified
dust
5/14/08 9:38:52AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

You just showed how ignorant you are. You're probably a jesus freak too eh?
emfleek
5/14/08 9:42:39AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

Umm...you may want to research that.

The US could tax the shit out of it. Farmers could grow it. People would buy it.

It has nothing to do with making a "more productive country". It has to do with an economy that is currently in the shitter.
dust
5/14/08 9:46:59AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

Most pot heads have better spelling and grammar than you.
DCRage
5/14/08 10:11:00AM

Posted by Manfred

Link

Heavyweight fighter George Bush has tested positive for marijuana following his decision loss to Ricco Rodriguez on April 11 in Atlantic City, N.J., at Yamma Pit Fighting's debut effort, Sherdog.com learned Tuesday....

Naturally I'm curious as to how many people, when they read this story, will think it's "that" George Bush. I'll admit that when I first heard about this guy (before the Yamma Pit Fighting event), I too had such thoughts until I looked him up on Sherdog and saw his picture. This Bush ought to think about getting a name change to avoid such confusion.
wrona666
5/14/08 11:09:19AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

People who want to smoke pot are going to smoke it whether it is legal or not so your coment is just plane ignorant....If they make it legal that doesnt meen everyone in the country is going to be smoking it....Wake up and grow a brain..
bustin_mma
5/14/08 12:44:36PM
if marijuana was legalized it would be a great thing. having it legalized wouldent make more pot heads or ''hippies'', the people that do smoke pot would probibly just smoke it more freely and the people who dont, probly wouldent start. it would boost the whole north american economy by leaps and bounds. Canada's #1 export is marijuana, just immagine if the goverment was selling it, ther is no limit to the problems you could fix with that kind of extra money(homlessness, aids, education,3rd world relief etc . and last of all mabye the usa were all baked they wouldent be involved in friggin wars like its there 9-5. so mabye put down some of your predjudices there jakeiceman.

ps. and whats so bad about singing songs and holding hands. its better than gettin drunk and beating women
GrandMaster313
5/14/08 2:45:42PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

So what your saying is that you would rather spend more of you "Hardworking" tax dollars on incarcerating stupid hippie pot heads. In case you didn't know the majority of people incarcerated in this country are on bullshit petty drug offences. A majority of those are marijuana users. Look I'm not trying to glorify smoking weed i am just being open-minded about things.
PaleHorse
5/14/08 4:49:39PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

Smoke a bowl and tell me if you're still that uptight on it. Think what you want, the country is just drawn, half the people have no facts and just think that its bad because the government made it illegal years ago, and he's a victim of ignorance. The only reason marijuana is a problem is because its illegal, and thats all you see is the fact that its illegal, and thats your loss because maybe you wouldn't come off as a bag-o-douche to so many people if you weren't blindsided by what your parents and your elementary school told you, and its this countries loss because people like Nick Diaz and Eddie Bravo will swear by it, and tell you that it helps.
Pookie
5/14/08 4:53:15PM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by GrandMaster313

Smoke a bowl and tell me if you're still that uptight on it. Think what you want, the country is just drawn, half the people have no facts and just think that its bad because the government made it illegal years ago, and he's a victim of ignorance. The only reason marijuana is a problem is because its illegal, and thats all you see is the fact that its illegal, and thats your loss because maybe you wouldn't come off as a bag-o-douche to so many people if you weren't blindsided by what your parents and your elementary school told you, and its this countries loss because people like Nick Diaz and Eddie Bravo will swear by it, and tell you that it helps.

Funny thing, the reason that particular drug is illegal is because of racism against mexicans.
Rush
5/14/08 5:30:23PM

Posted by PaleHorse

and its this countries loss because people like Nick Diaz and Eddie Bravo will swear by it, and tell you that it helps.

yeah and Nick Diaz can barely string together a couple sentences in a row that I can understand. He's not the best advocate for legalizing pot in MMA if you ask me.

In some peoples' minds steroids "help" so should we just legalize them as well?

I have also stated in a "legalize pot" thread a while back that certain substances are banned from sports, not because the substances themselves are performance enhancers, but because they can screw up tests for bona fide performance enhancers (i.e. they are masking agents). I'm not saying marijuana is a masking agent, I'm just saying that these things are not always black and white.

Also, regardless of the reason pot is illegal (although historically I agree with Pookie), it is banned from MMA for the sole reason of it being illegal. Legalizing it and having the government regulate/tax it will not solve all the problems associated with pot. All the problems (and possibly more) associated with tobacco and booze will be associated with legal pot.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/14/08 9:23:20PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by PaleHorse

and its this countries loss because people like Nick Diaz and Eddie Bravo will swear by it, and tell you that it helps.

yeah and Nick Diaz can barely string together a couple sentences in a row that I can understand.

I can understand nick just fine, nate on the other hand

Posted by Rush
Legalizing it and having the government regulate/tax it will not solve all the problems associated with pot. All the problems (and possibly more) associated with tobacco and booze will be associated with legal pot.

im curious what are the problems you associate with pot? Im also curious what problems with alcohol and tobbacco would co exist with legal pot?

the real reason why marijuana is illegal ........ it would put many , many people out of business. textiles , phamacueticals , etc. are all paying big money to keep it a crime.
GrandMaster313
5/14/08 10:01:53PM

im curious what are the problems you associate with pot? Im also curious what problems with alcohol and tobbacco would co exist with legal pot?

the real reason why marijuana is illegal ........ it would put many , many people out of business. textiles , phamacueticals , etc. are all paying big money to keep it a crime.

That is a good point but also i think if they did legalize it , Then they wouldn't have any control over it. They can control almost all the Booze and cigarettes but how are they gonna control something we could all grow in our back yards !
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/14/08 11:20:02PM
while this is true . The whole point is too mass produce and sell it at a rate that growing it yourself wouldn't be as appealing as going to the 7 eleven and buying a pack . There will always be the odd person who grows their own , similar to people who make there own wine , beer etc. They could make it similar to holland , a maximum of 4 plants a house.

we must learn from our mistakes. booze was illegal once and many people resorted to making their own.The prohibition resulted in a ridiculous number of jailed people , very similar to marijuana these days. They eventually learned that they could tax it, make money off it ; freeing up the legal system , jails , police .

The fact that alcohol is legal while marijuana is illegal blows my mind. You very rarely see some one stoned crash their car , get into senseless fights , lower their standards with women etc. all the facts associated with alcohol. It's very much the opposite with marijuana!

ps jakeiceman
Rush
5/14/08 11:23:33PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

AS for the potential problems, well there are still problems with black market cigarettes these days, why would pot be different? There are a lot of problems associated with alcohol such as drinking and driving. There would have to be laws in effect that would limit the amount of pot you could take to legally drive. One problem with that is, how would you objectively test?

Look at all the issues with smoking. You can do it here and you can't do it there. It may seem trivial to you or others, but I know people that have gone out of business because of anti-smoking regulations. I think pot would just add another level of complexity to it.

Another example is the red light district in Amsterdam. Prostitution may be legal, but it may be shut down soon due to problems with criminals trying to get a piece of the pie. With pot it will be a similar scenario. There will always be people trying to grow and sell better quality for less price than the government. I'm not talking about the average person, but actual operations. Do you think the government would tolerate that? I don't think so... and yet another aspect that would still have to be enforced.

As for the industries you mentioned, you may be correct, but they are not the initial reason why many drugs have been criminalized. I know people that have been in police training and they were told that historically different drugs were criminalized to control certain racial groups.

As for growing pot in your backyard, I don't think it's that easy. In addition, the better quality stuff is typically grown indoors. Marijuana plants require high temperature and humidity. Grow houses, that are not well insulated, light up like a Christmas tree if they are viewed under thermal imaging.

I'm neither an advocate for increased or decreased legalization of pot. I see the problems associated with both sides. On a personal note, I have to admit, I don't like pot. I don't like the smell and I don't like smoking in general. I grew up in a house of chain smokers and it has made me borderline intolerable to smoke. Pot and people that have used it have contributed to many problems in my little sister's life. Needless to say, my experiences with it have not been positive, but I am aware that it has helped many people that are ill.

On another drug note, did any one see Ricco Rodriguez on celebrity rehab? OMG, he has some brutal stories.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/15/08 1:09:11AM
Posted by Rush

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

AS for the potential problems, well there are still problems with black market cigarettes these days, why would pot be different?

what are the problems associated with black market cigs?

There are a lot of problems associated with alcohol such as drinking and driving.

Stoned drivers often drive better because there paranaoid. drunk drivers drive fast and out of control .

There would have to be laws in effect that would limit the amount of pot you could take to legally drive. One problem with that is, how would you objectively test?

Ya no marijuana breathalizers , a beatiful thing if u ask me. they can only test you which shows within a month roughly.

Look at all the issues with smoking. You
can do it here and you can't do it there. It may seem trivial to you or others, but I know people that have gone out of business because of anti-smoking regulations. I think pot would just add another level of complexity to it.

WTF?
um kay the only reason they went out of business is because no one could smoke cigarettes inside. wtf does this have to do with weed lol. Your actually aloud to vape inside legally. i know some stores with volcano lounges. It would put more people in business no doubt.

Another example is the red light district in Amsterdam. Prostitution may be legal, but it may be shut down soon due to problems with criminals trying to get a piece of the pie. With pot it will be a similar scenario. There will always be people trying to grow and sell better quality for less price than the government. I'm not talking about the average person, but actual operations. Do you think the government would tolerate that? I don't think so... and yet another aspect that would still have to be enforced.

the fact that the average joe can grow 4 plants on his own , more then enough to personally smoke + properly funded mass production would make growing it for actual operation not worth the effort. who would there customers be? all the custys are already growing personal plants or going to buy packs at the 7eleven.

As for the industries you mentioned, you may be correct, but they are not the initial reason why many drugs have been criminalized. I know people that have been in police training and they were told that historically different drugs were criminalized to control certain racial groups.

As for growing pot in your backyard, I don't think it's that easy. In addition, the better quality stuff is typically grown indoors. Marijuana plants require high temperature and humidity. Grow houses, that are not well insulated, light up like a Christmas tree if they are viewed under thermal imaging.

i know some that grows completely legal and does tours to promote how safe it is, cops have gone on it,

I'm neither an advocate for increased or decreased legalization of pot. I see the problems associated with both sides. On a personal note, I have to admit, I don't like pot. I don't like the smell and I don't like smoking in general. I grew up in a house of chain smokers and it has made me borderline intolerable to smoke. Pot and people that have used it have contributed to many problems in my little sister's life. Needless to say, my experiences with it have not been positive, but I am aware that it has helped many people that are ill.

overall it "messed your sisters life up" its obvious the one problem you have with pot is your sister. im sure there were many other factors but some people are destined **** ups either way. cigarettes booze hard drugs etc. your just using it as a scapegoat,

On another drug note, did any one see Ricco Rodriguez on celebrity rehab? OMG, he has some brutal stories.

Pookie
5/15/08 2:26:16AM

Posted by Rush

marijuana outlawed was payback for pancho villa.

Cocaine outlawed was to "keep black people from raping white women" ridiculous shit man.

I believe that all major drugs were outlawed because a certain race of people could not handle themselves while under the influence.

History is cruel....
Rush
5/15/08 10:09:37AM

Posted by Pookie

Cocaine outlawed was to "keep black people from raping white women" ridiculous shit man.

I believe that all major drugs were outlawed because a certain race of people could not handle themselves while under the influence.

History is cruel....

You forgot opium and the Chinese

As for the multi-response above, I pretty much know there is no sense in saying much about the topic. Most people are either for or against it and usually their minds never change.

However, in general I wanted to summarize a couple things based on your responses. 1) When something has the strong potential to be involved with the black market or organized crime, even when regulated, then how is that much different then it being illegal in the first place? 2) Driving under the influence of pot is no different than alcohol. You say that people are more paranoid. Well, I've seen some pretty baked people after they've smoked. I wouldn't want to be in a car with them at the wheel. Even with alcohol, people claim that it's ok to drink and drive it they are in control, well, if people didn't think like that we wouldn't be having problems with drunk drivers killing themselves and/or other people. 3) regarding my sister, umm, yeah of course it has played a role in my negative feelings toward it and you have absolutely no idea what was involved. The experience would have been no different if it was alcohol instead of pot. When something contributes to ruining someone's life that you love, how can you be an advocate? To me that would be a sign that the substance that you are advocating has taken priority in your life.
PaleHorse
7/22/08 1:38:07PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Pookie

History is cruel....

You forgot opium and the Chinese

As for the multi-response above, I pretty much know there is no sense in saying much about the topic. Most people are either for or against it and usually their minds never change.

However, in general I wanted to summarize a couple things based on your responses. 1) When something has the strong potential to be involved with the black market or organized crime, even when regulated, then how is that much different then it being illegal in the first place? 2) Driving under the influence of pot is no different than alcohol. You say that people are more paranoid. Well, I've seen some pretty baked people after they've smoked. I wouldn't want to be in a car with them at the wheel. Even with alcohol, people claim that it's ok to drink and drive it they are in control, well, if people didn't think like that we wouldn't be having problems with drunk drivers killing themselves and/or other people. 3) regarding my sister, umm, yeah of course it has played a role in my negative feelings toward it and you have absolutely no idea what was involved. The experience would have been no different if it was alcohol instead of pot. When something contributes to ruining someone's life that you love, how can you be an advocate? To me that would be a sign that the substance that you are advocating has taken priority in your life.

Its not even the influence of pot, its driving under the influence of alcohol and driving after you smoked pot. It doesn't impair your judgement unless it comes to how picky an eater you are. For certain people, they know they shouldn't drive when they're super baked. If pot didn't exist you'd probably have way more problems with people drinking and doing other drugs than we do right now because it is by far much safer than alcohol. I know a lot of people who have quit drugs like cocaine, heroin, morphine, oxyconton, etc and yet they still smoke pot, why? Not because they're addicted, but because they aren't. The real American past-time has changed from baseball to dodging cops to smoke a joint, when our legal systems waste our tax money on something that would put the pharmacys out of business, because the fact of the matter is that the government is responsible for the importation of more drugs than anyone else, our senators, our leaders, many of them have their hand in the cookie jar as well, having way more access to these drugs than most people. The companies that manufacture our medications make so much money because of uncertainty, they prescribe you a medication and you get a side effect, so they prescribe another to treat the side effect, and you end up taking 5 differen't medications for one minor problem, where you could have used one of the oldest and safest medications in pot.
LegacyMMA
7/22/08 3:55:25PM
can you blame him with that name.