George St-Pierre sacrificed belt to breathe easy again

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » George St-Pierre sacrificed belt to breathe easy again
telnights
12/13/13 8:18:22PM
Georges St-Pierre is at least temporarily walking away from the fight game, and just exactly where he’s going nobody truly knows. St-Pierre came to the idea well before his narrow victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167, and it felt like a foregone conclusion several weeks later in Quebec City, where he shrugged the world off his shoulders by vacating his belt just before a sponsorship appearance at an area mall.

LINK
Webbie
12/13/13 10:21:32PM

Posted by telnights

Georges St-Pierre is at least temporarily walking away from the fight game, and just exactly where he’s going nobody truly knows. St-Pierre came to the idea well before his narrow victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167, and it felt like a foregone conclusion several weeks later in Quebec City, where he shrugged the world off his shoulders by vacating his belt just before a sponsorship appearance at an area mall.

LINK

Great article

Best of luck, champ!
traveller77
12/13/13 11:21:47PM
I still believe he wants to fight Anderson Silva before its all over and done.

Georgie, take a year, relax, enjoy your money, then hopefully Anderson is still fighting when you start thinking about that cherry on top of your amazing career.
UFC_Fanatic
12/14/13 1:47:09AM

Posted by traveler77

Georgie, take a year, relax, enjoy your money, then hopefully Anderson is still fighting when you start thinking about that cherry on top of your amazing career.

I'm curious to know where anybody got the idea he ever wanted to fight anderson in the first place. Seems to me he closed the door on that every time it was ever brought up.
Webbie
12/14/13 1:49:56AM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by traveler77

I'm curious to know where anybody got the idea he ever wanted to fight anderson in the first place. Seems to me he closed the door on that every time it was ever brought up.

I'm with you

I don't think GSP has any interest in ever fighting Anderson. I've felt this way ever since the Condit fight ended.
Chael_Sonnen
12/14/13 11:42:20AM
"Sacrificed" belt?

There's only ONE person to SACRIFICE himself for the betterment of mankind...not only can this phenom walk on water and turn water into wine....but he can also part Mark Hunt FROM the Red Sea.

Did ya guess it yet??

First name rhymes with HAIL

- - Still didn't get it?

Middle name is (P)erfection

Still need help??
Lucas
12/14/13 12:32:44PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

"Sacrificed" belt?

There's only ONE person to SACRIFICE himself for the betterment of mankind...not only can this phenom walk on water and turn water into wine....but he can also part Mark Hunt FROM the Red Sea.

Did ya guess it yet??

First name rhymes with HAIL

- - Still didn't get it?

Middle name is (P)erfection

Still need help??

I think you need help
tmas
12/14/13 4:19:10PM
im actually impressed with GSP it takes a real man to realize they have issues, go out and get them solved or at least attempt to, and to give up "everything" or at least one of the main things he has spent his life for. It takes real balls, and guts to do this all the respect in the world to G S P.