Genki Sudo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Genki Sudo
rameydl8
5/19/08 8:49:57AM
so ive never watched this guy fight live....and i watched a few clips of him.....he looks like a beast for a smaller guy........sherdog said he hasnt fought since 06......which has een a while, i know theres at least one hardcore fan.....just wanted to know if the guys retired or if hes gonna fight anytime......cause i really wanna watch this guy fight
DCRage
5/19/08 9:04:36AM
I believe he's retired from fighting, last I saw of him he was failing on that Japanese game show Sasuke (Ninja Warrior to those of us outside Japan).
jiujitsufreak74
5/19/08 10:23:09AM
he is definitely retired. after his fight on December 31, 2006 he announced his retirement.
pv3Hpv3p
5/19/08 10:32:55AM
I thought I'd remembered hearing he was getting into being a musician or actor or both, in Japan...

Either way, the guy was a pleasure to watch, a great embassador for the sport, and seemingly a genuinly good person...

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
IriShame
5/19/08 11:04:25AM
I love the Neo Samurai! He once beat Butterbean with a heel hook, giving up nearly 200 pounds in that fight. What a ****** badass.
juanez13
5/19/08 11:29:26AM

Posted by DCRage

I believe he's retired from fighting, last I saw of him he was failing on that Japanese game show Sasuke (Ninja Warrior to those of us outside Japan).

Ha! Ninja Warrior greatest show, i watch it all the time along with Unbeatable Banzuke........

anyways yea he is retired, he said he is in a rock Band.
Styles
5/19/08 11:47:19AM
I love watching the fight he had with Kid yamamoto.
hotrodttt
5/20/08 1:50:22AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I thought I'd remembered hearing he was getting into being a musician or actor or both, in Japan...

Either way, the guy was a pleasure to watch, a great embassador for the sport, and seemingly a genuinly good person...

Yeah he was working on a Movie, Great Fighter and a Class Act. I don't think he'll come out from his retitrement because of the wear and tear that he's been through.
Kpro
5/20/08 2:23:44AM
The movie he is partially directing for those interested is right here LINK

It will be out later this year in Japan.
89vision
5/20/08 3:12:42AM
One of my favorites ever Genki HL

Posted by Styles

I love watching the fight he had with Kid yamamoto.

meh, bullshit stoppage in that fight